Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
reynardine

Snowblind Atmosphere Spray

The perfect vanilla mint.

Wow, the description on this is spot-on. Vanilla mint! Rather light and fresh. Doesn't stick around long. Must try this on my sheets!

So, this atmos reminded me of a smell. The problem was, I couldn't think of what it reminded me of! It wasn't until one of my coworkers spoke up that I realized-it smells like yellow cake! Yellow cake with mint frosting!

It's delectable and delicious and as it fades it becomes a soft, crumbly sort of vanilla/peppermint blend. I'm so glad I splurged and bought a bottle!

It is definitely very cakey! I was hoping for mint with a soft vanilla base to make it feel creamy. I like for my bathroom to smell like creamy mint. Instead it's predominantly a very foody vanilla, with the mint growing more apparent in the drydown. The cake smell stays too, though, the mint doesn't take over. Just, when I first spray it I don't even notice the mint, and after a few minutes it's cake with some mint. After a few hours it becomes more what I was looking for. It's VERY delicious, but i'm not a particularly foody person, and something about my bathroom smelling delicious creeps me out a little. I think I'll decant out half or even 2/3 of my bottle to resell, but I do like it enough to keep a portion.

Yum! This is just what is says, a beautiful vanilla mint. I bought a bottle unsniffed because I know I like the Snowblind perfume oil, and I love mint this time of year.

I do get the cake that previous posters have mentioned. I think Boo is the classic yellow cake scent to me (although the bath oil had a nice noticeable amount of linen) and I feel like this is maybe 1/10th of Boo. There is a warm rich vanilla, but the mint really keeps it from being too strong or overpowering.

Nicely done!

I'm also getting a lot of the cakey vanilla with more mint on the dry down, but I definitely don't mind. This is fantastic! It's unobtrusive and the perfect balance of perfumey/foody. This will be perfect for my office: it's not sexy like a lot of my atmo sprays and just smells pleasant. It hangs around for a decent time, and I'm betting it's going to be fantastic on my sheets and couches. This one is going to be a big bottle and my decant is going to live at my office :D

Cake, cake cake cake cake! On first spray I get a lovely cold mint, and then the vanilla which smells like buttercream at first. So for a little while it's buttermints. But shortly thereafter it is all yellow cake all the time, and I'm just fine with that really. Because my bedroom smells like cake. Yum.

Basically what everyone else has said: CAKE! On first spray it's definitely the Snowblind I know and love. But when it dries it's a lovely yellow cake with a tiiiiiny hint of mint.

I would have loved it if it stayed true to my beloved perfume, but you know what? I'm ok with this cake thing. Because CAKE.

EDIT: After several uses I decided to give my bottle a vigorous shake and roll. While the cakeness was still there, it was less overwhelming and more Snowblind like.

Edited by killerklown

Note: I love the perfume oil.

Hmm, looks like I'm getting the same thing as everyone else, seemingly. Vanilla mint frosting on yellow cake. Very nice, but I didn't expect the yellow cake aspect. Will keep my decant, but no bottle purchase on this. Had it been just the vanilla mint, bottle, certainly.

This was a very creamy vanilla, with a touch of mint. I love this so much, I ordered a second bottle! The scent lasts a while, and is perfect for my sheets and clothes!

I looooove this. It reminds me of the frosting to one of my favorite cupcakes, a vanilla mint buttercream.

I find the Snowblind perfume perpetually disappointing because the vanilla goes off on my skin, so this atmo is perfect. I find it has impressive lasting power and I can still sniff it on my sheets days later. One of my new favorite Post atmos, and different from the ones I already have.

This. Is. Amazing. :wub2:

It starts off as intense mint, but the vanilla is definitely present, and it reminds me of a buttermint. As it starts to settle, though, it reminds me more of a minty buttercream frosting on top of a cupcake.

It actually has really great staying power despite it being a mint-dominant blend. I can walk into the room I've sprayed it in several hours later and still smell it. I even asked my boyfriend if he had sprayed some in one of the rooms once, but he hadn't -- it was just still going strong from when it had last been sprayed.

Needless to say, it smells delicious. My boyfriend walked into our apartment one day asking what smelled so delicious, and he was disappointed to discover that it was the atmosphere spray and not minty buttercream cupcakes. :lol:

This one is back-up worthy.

Edited by dementia_divine

I really, really don't like strong mint scents. They just don't work for me. Given the reviews, though, I thought I'd take the chance. And I am certainly glad I did! The mint adds a very soft freshness to a delicious vanilla aroma. It doesn't smell so much like cake to me, but more like a vanilla *sponge* cake. It's more of a light, airy cake smell. I adore it, and I'm a little sad I waited as long as I did before trying it, because MAN it's a nice scent, and I would love a second bottle. It doesn't last or linger as a room scent as a lot of the other sprays, but it's still amazing for a quick room scent pick-me-up.

I actually didn't get any mint. I got a mainly foodie, sugary vanilla cookie dough smell. It's very heavy, very foodie, very sugary.

Too much for me! I'll be sending this little guy off. I was hoping for something mintier- and less foodie.

I was lucky enough to get a tester of this in a swap.

Wow, minty! So refreshing! I'm not getting much vanilla now that its dry (sprayed a pillow) but I do like the mint - it's very sweet, crisp, peppermint I think rather than spearmint. I think its a really great bedtime scent, and will enjoy spraying my sheets with it.