Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Schwarzwald Atmosphere Spray

Snow-blanketed granite enveloped by a sea of spruce and pine.

If you love atmospheric, pine forest scents, this is an absolute stunner.

It starts off with loads of spruce, with a hint of coolness from the snow. The spruce is magnificent, just like a fresh cut tree hauled into the room. The stone note is not terribly strong, but there is a touch of Beth's sweet snow note that is peeking through marvelously. I spray just a touch of this and instantly, I have the holidays surrounding me. A perfect christmas tree scent, wild, true, and marvelous. It does start out a bit auto-freshener with the spruce but give it some time to develop and bloom. It's a perfect, quiet, Grimm's fairy tale snow forest!

This is very pine heavy. I detect a masculine cologne-like note which is the stone. I don't think this snow is very minty, but then again, it could be the spruce and pine covering the mint up. I occasionally get a whiff of pretty, chilly snow through all the pine and stone.

Verdict: Pretty, but very heavy on pine.

Edit: On the drydown, this turns into soft spruce and snow. I'm getting a very faint smoky scent which might be the wood. This is a beautiful snow and mountains scent.

Edited by patina

In the bottle I smelled a lot of snow. It smelled a lot like the snow and pine BPAL oils, which I love, but i had yet to try it because I just wasn't craving that sort of smell. Well, I just reached for my bottle of Wassail and sprayed this all over my living room by accident. It's really pretty! It's more pine heavy than snow heavy once it's in the air and on the furniture. It smells very fresh and natural, and VERY seasonally appropriate. I could see spraying this on a fake Christmas tree to make it feel more authentic. It also makes for surprisingly gorgeous layering with Wassail -- the scents are so different, but it's like wandering through an enchanted forest and coming upon a cottage where a hedge witch has been baking magic treats.

It reminds me of Fae Forest, but I would say a lighter version. My best friend strongly dislikes Fae Forest, so much so that she gave me her full size bottle for free (score!), but she got Schwarzwald and she loves it.

If you ever hoped The Most Magnificent Christmas Tree was an atmosphere spray, then you should buy this.

It is a warm pine and spruce. I do get a touch of snow, but not much stone. I :wub2: it.

I've always wished my house could smell semi-permanently like a Christmas tree. I adore the smell of Christmas pine trees, but never purchase them for my apartment during the holidays. My neighbors toss theirs in the brush heap outdoors after christmas, and I love walking by when I go out with the dog and smelling wonderful, sweet pine.

This is glorious.

To my nose, the spruce and pine are the heaviest note, followed closely in the beginning by a very sweet, vanilla snow note. The sweetness eventually burns off a little bit, but this remains a sugary snow-covered christmas tree. The stone note never discerns itself.

:wub2:

When 1st sprayed, lots of spruce and pine, followed by a snow note that is minty and sweet at the same time, with just a weird hint of dryer sheets (mostly unscented, except w/ a hint of linen). A little unsettling. Because of this, and the lack of the granite note, will keep decant, but probably no bottle purchase.

You know how there's this debate about how fake plastic trees, while more convenient, just don't have that pine tree smell and none of the commercially available sprays even smells remotely like the real thing?

BPAL has solved that problem. Now, your blue tinsel glitter ABBA-riffic Christmas tree can smell like the BEST Christmas tree ever.

This smells like a spruce (pretty strongly of it), with just the right amount of snowy mint and slush. And yes, it is amazing. And like a tree. But better than a tree because your tree will die, but this spray will live on forever. FOREVER.