Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Very, very naughty: red musk, leather, bourbon vanilla, and red patchouli.

Glop is a super moisturizing blend of several oils including shea butter(that's the more common name for the Latin name Butyrospermum parkii) and rice bran oil. In the jar, it has the consistency of face creme, so do be careful if you put a finger in there -- you might end up using more than you anticipate. Once applied, it leaves the skin very very smooth and uber moisturized. The best part, though, is the seductive scent of red musk and leather that wafts everywhere. The patchouli and bourbon vanilla aren't quite as prevalent to my nose, but perhaps with a bit of time, they might become more noticeable.

I must say I am very happy with this Glop. I might just brave the Inquisition again to get another jar.

This is gorgeous - very much like Eldritch Dark in lotion form, and beautifully moisturising. I just wish I could do a Naughty Inquisition to get more but all the Naughty perfumes have death notes.

In container: Patchouli! And lots of it. Smooth and warm. This smells like aged patchouli, not fresh. The dirty sharpness that I smell in new patchouli isn't there. (The container is smaller than I expected but a little goes a LONG way. For this test I wiped off the bottom of the safety seal and that was more than enough for my hands)

Rubbed on hands: Leather with red musk and patchouli in the background. This smells like the leather that's in The Black Rider and my beloved De Sade. :heart:

Soaking in: Still warm leather with the vanilla note coming in. The red musk and patch seem to be fading into the background a bit.

This actually reminds me of The Bow and Crown of Conquest a little. The leather and vanilla have the same kind of feel.

The consistency of this stuff is a little greasier than I'd like. It leaves that greasy feeling on my hands even after I've rubbed it in thoroughly. It's absorbing pretty fast but until it's absorbed I'm afraid to touch anything. :lol: It's also thinner than I thought it would be. The bit I put on my hands almost slid off into my lap while I was getting the lid closed.

I would love to see more lotions from BPTP. :smilenod: I hope this is the beginning of a new product line! :beg:

Edited by unlaced

Hmm... this is definitely very very naughty :smilenod:

When I first apply the glop there's a full-on battle happening between the red musk and the leather for title of Dominant Note - at first the leather is KAPOW in your face, all hot black and steamy, then the red musk bubbles up to the surface with its warm rich cola-like syrupy goodness, then the leather comes back BLAM but the red musk comes back POW and so it goes for a few rounds until they finally settle down and let the patchouli come out. The patchouli is all like "dude, mellow out" to the leather, wraps its sweet earthy arms around the red musk and says "it's ok bro, you don't have to win", and because red patchouli is just that persuasive the leather and red musk do what they're told and calm down a little. That's when the red patchouli grabs its friend bourbon vanilla and says "you can come out now, it's safe" and suddenly there's a riot of dark rich vanilla goodness wafting under my nose. All together, the musk and leather and vanilla and patchouli create a hot, wickedly naughty mix that is definitely not subtle - it's very rich and strong - and yes, very much like Eldritch Dark but without the rose. Definitely not for those who enjoy soft fragrances... this smell doesn't just follow you round the room, it runs around smashing into all the furniture and scaring the cat.

So that's the good side of Naughty Glop... the not-so-good side of it for me is the consistency. It's very runny - moreso even than a lotion or creme - this is almost as liquid/thin as water, it's actually about the same as my coconut oil when that's melted. And it's very greasy/oily on the skin - it doesn't absorb for a long time, so there's an oily film on my skin for quite a while.. even after I've rubbed it in as best I can. I really don't like things that feel greasy on my skin, and this definitely does.

And here's the thing... although the smell of this is pretty amazing, it's also pretty full-on... to the point where it's kind of too much. It's rare for me to say that - I generally like my BPALs to be rich and dark and strong, but this is taking things a bit too far. In future, I'm going to put just a few drops of this glop into a mix with another moisturiser and use it that way, because I'm not sure I can walk around all day with this uber-strong naughty business wafting around me, it's overwhelming. .

First of all, the label is totally adorable. I only wish the jar was made of glass. I realize that it would be far more breakable and also heavy (adding to shipping charges) but I'm just a purist like that. If it turns out I feel the need to hoard Glop, I might invents in some pretty glass jar and transfer it over. for now, it shall live in the container it was born in. Onward…

In the container: Like a VERY leather-heavy version of Smut. Lots of black leather and quite a bit of the beloved red musk. There is perhaps a trace of the vanilla, but it's almost an afterthought.

On the skin: The moisturizers in this are stellar. Really generous and very emollient, perfect for this tail end of winter when one's skin is totally depleted of all suppleness. Alas, the red musk has taken off, leaving only the leather. This makes me sad, as I prefer all the other notes to the leather and my skin chemistry appears to not be playing fair. In point of fact, the leather is sooo black that it's actually beaming something of a black licorice on me!

Bother!

I will see how things develop, but this jar of precious may very well go on my swap page :(

Edited by VioletChaos

Red musk, patchouli and leather. It's a very gloopy sort of consistency - like a very liquid sort of lotion as opposed to more creamy if that makes sense. I would store in a cool place if possible.

It's very emollient, moisturizing and absorbs quickly.

For you fans of red musk and leather blends, I'd try to get more of this puppy. Or ask Puddin to release more of it.