Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Whether you’re flipping through poisoned apple recipes on Pinterest, researching dilapidated towers to house irritating princesses, or simply interested in a sporting match of croquet, dab a little of our perfume behind each ear, and you’ll be ready to destroy all those who stand in your way. Velvet red roses, mimosa blossom, heady magnolia, oudh, and black patchouli draped across a regal purple musk.

In the bottle: A mysterious scent, really, the mimosa blossom is the strongest note.

Wet: Musk and mimosa blossom. A little strange, unsure if I like this!

Dry: Mimosa blossom and magnolia, I definitely like this better dry! Very interested to see how it ages.

Definitely smell the mimosa blossom and musky rose when wet. It smelled better in my decant, honestly; less mimosa and more patch.

Pooey! This is floral almost candy orange on me. I'm not really a fan of orange in perfume, so this is a pass. Oh well! Seems I'm just meant to be a Vain Sorceress! :lol:

Musky rose and mimosa blossom. I'm honestly surprised at how much I do enjoy this blend, even with roses are involved. It's a dark rose blend very much like Peacock Queen and Morgause mixed together.

If this were a color it would be a deep, rich purple velvet.

Another win from the evil side! I can definitely pick out the red aspect of the purple musk... it reminds me a bit of some of the Grindhouse blends in feel. There is something in it that is a bit orangey. I like this one much more than I thought I would, but it is a bit more mature in feel than I typically wear.

This starts out as a sort of wicked rose - something leafy, maybe thorny, about it. Once on my skin, the patchouli joins the rose, and I get a very strong cacao note as well. After it dries down, though, it just kind of... disappears? There's a hint of something when I sniff really close, but I can't actually pick anything in particular out... more a general "this used to have a smell" impression. :cry2:

Edit: Every so often I get faint wafts of rose, but not much else. :(

Edited by Andyl

In the bottle this is a sweet, confusing floral. Mimosa stands out more than anything.

On my skin, this dries into a rosy purple musk. After about an hour, it ends up as a mature smelling perfume reminiscent of The Witch Queen.

In the imp: deep rose and light musk.

Wet: Rose with a green note coming through. That must be the mimosa. It's smells like the really distinctive note in Succubus.

Drydown: This scent is really not as strong as I expected it to be, overall. I'm getting a tiny bit of patchouli but it's very faint. It's mostly rose and mimosa over a light musk.

This is a nice scent but I doubt I'll wear it very often.

Edited by unlaced

starts off as a pretty velvety floral. i'm guessing it's mostly mimosa and magnolia starting off. as it dries the patchouli and oudh show up ever so slightly in the background, which is where the rose must be too, because i'm not getting much of it. with my skin chemistry, this smells just like another bpal i've tried, but i can't place it right now! after awhile the rose does come to the front more and by then it's mostly mimosa and rose with the sweetly musk background.

I was expecting rose, but it’s light. Maybe too light - I’m getting powder. It does have a nice complexity to it.

In the bottle - Dark, muddy patchouli

Wet on me - A light citrusy sweet floral comes through

Dry on me - This disappears quite quickly on me

Overall - Never seemed to settle on my skin

ok, i'm usually not a rose/floral girl but this is sexy as hell. Very deep dark rose and the patch grounds it ... come to momma! More of a Valentine-s day scent IMHO.

Voluptuous, haughty red rose and resins. I tend to like resiny rose more than a delicate or sour rose, and this one fits the bill, and the patch really adds a nice touch too. This kind of reminds me of Red Rose, from the Post's Unity set a few years back. Though I like these types of rose blends, I rarely wear them, so my decant is more than enough.

ITI: It's a resinous floral scent, very much a mature woman's with a slightly haughty tone due to the purple musk and magnolia. I like it so far!

Wet: Oh, that's beautifully floral - magnolia, rose, gentle mimosa blossoms and a touch of patchouli make this a regal, feminine, and all around glorious scent.

Dry: It's very faint after nearly 12 hours. I can only pick up sweet red rose and magnolia, but I have to make sure my nose is right up on my wrist to detect it.

Wet: There has to be orange in this. Mimosa maybe? Like, it actually smells like a mimosa cocktail and rosy floral. And it is stunning. Like, this is a rose floral that an avowed hater of floral is really loving.

Drying: Rose and orange deepened by a little musk and patchouli. Sophisticated and astoundingly wonderful.

Dry: I have found it. I have found the rose perfume that has always eluded me. It's grounded and complex and just really wonderful. I'll be grabbing this one when I go some place classy.

Wicked Matriarch is all reds, oranges, and purples on me. The magnolia and purple musk are the strongest notes, with roses and mimosa just behind. The mimosa here reminds me a bit of a natural toothpaste I used to use, and it's throwing off my experience because it reminds me of brushing my teeth! But it's a very regal and mature scent, and the red rose note is beautiful here. After about an hour, it's mostly purpley musk with patch and florals in the background. It does seem like something the Red Queen or Evil Queen would wear, and wear well.

Reminds me of red musk with lots of sharp, perfumey, strangely dry white florals and an undertone that smells like a mix between bonfire ashes and cigarette tray ashes.  Dirty, sharp, sour.  The drydown has more of a noticeable rose note that's sour and soapy.