Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pink carnation, spun sugar, white pear, peach blossom, and vanilla bean.

I was so incredibly excited to see that there were MLP scents! And, I do adore We Love Fine products, so I splurged, and got Shy. :D

In the imp, it's carnation, not too spicy, with a little bit of sugar, and just a touch of pear. Wet, it stays about the same; sweet "pink" floral. I don't think I would know peach blossom as a single note, and the vanilla doesn't come out until dry down. Three hours later, there's still not much throw (appropriate, you *know* Fluttershy wouldn't want that) and it continues to be a soft carnation vanilla.

Note: this came on a card, without a label.

Soooo excited, Shy just came in the mail today!! :joy:

Ok so, wet on the skin, it's basically just CARNATION!!! It is a pretty pink carnation though, very girly. It isn't as shy as I would imagine, it seems to have quite a bit of throw on me.

Not a whole lot else going on until it dries down, then the vanilla and a lil bit of the juiciness from the pear comes through.

I love it! I think I'll wear it when I'm feeling super girly, yay! :wub2:

Edited by steelgoat

Origin: Straight from We Love Fine. Yes, I spent the $100 just to try this, but now Christmas is taken care of for the boys in my life.

Initial Thoughts: On the first read, this was a WANT! I love carnation and peach blossom and vanilla. I like pear in several BPAL blends. The only thing that might be iffy is the sugar note.

In the vial: Oh, wow...so sweet and pink and girly! My mental impression is actually bubblegum, even though it doesn't smell a thing like bubblegum. I smell the flowers and pear, simply dripping with sweetness.

Wet: I get pear and peach to start with, anchored by that lovely sweetness.

Drydown: The carnation asserts itself fairly quickly, bringing in that unique spicy element. Now it's not quite so "hosed down with Pepto Bismol" pink...there's a welcome edge to it that keeps it feminine and sweet but not quite so innocent. Further drydown calms it more as the vanilla bean starts to make itself felt. There's a very brief stage of plastic impression that could be something about the sugar, but thankfully it is brief and settles down to mostly carnation with that sweet undertone.

Verdict: Please, please, gods of retail, let these become a bottle line!

Edited by puck_nc

Shy is a pretty, pink scent but soft and well... shy. I get the sugar and carnation with hints of pear. The vanilla doesn't come out until later and it's fairly understated (thankfully).

BPAL Y U tease me with this scent?! It could have been a favourite, a bottle contender! I do hope it's released as more than just a sample in the future. It's a lovely blend!

If any of you heard a super high pitched squee a few weeks ago when this was announced then I'm sorry for the permanent ear damage I may have caused. I'm a HUGE My Little Pony fan, and Fluttershy is my number 1 pony for sure (Luna is second so I got her as well ;)) so I had my order at WeLoveFine done within less then an hour of this coming out so I could get a sniff even if this is only imp sized.

I guess it also helped that this is full of notes I love (even if they are not the notes I'd choose for the character herself, that would've been a muskier perfume), the only note that gave me a pause was pink carnation as I used to think of carnations as a death note but have been proved wrong lately.

Anyways, onto the sniffing! This is sweet perfume, but with a very spicy edge to it! It's something close to ginger in the level of spiciness but not exactly the same kind of spice . After a short while I can start smelling the peach blossom and white pear more (with a bit more peach fruitiness then pear)turning this into the most yummy sweet-spicy-fruity concoction I've ever smelt! And somehow it totally does suit the character of Fluttershy, sweet and innocent but not as girly and helpless as she seems.

In short, I've already decided to set some funds aside in anticipation of this being made into bottles because it's AMAZING.

tumblr_mgvuo51RcM1r8ha72o1_250.gif

The pear note is the most notable on wet, and its the same pear note as in Harvesters.

It dries down to a pink, sugary carnation with touches of pear and vanilla. It's a pretty, PINK, carnation scent. The spiceness from the carnation prevents this from being sugary sweet, but its still light enough that it doesn't overwhelm the other elements. It's a delicately balanced scent.

As for vibe, Shy smells like the nicest MLP ever. You know the type - bright, cheerful, always lending a helping hand and giving you the silver lining in every single situation. Such ineffable optimism could be a little grating, but since you love Shy so much, and she means SO WELL, it would be wrong to hold her own cheeriness against her.

Honestly, the is the smell of the dreams of a six year old girl - pink, sugary, and full of light.