Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Yule Cookie

Clouds of flour and spices with the scent of ginger tea, warm caraway cakes, snickerdoodle pinwheels, and sugar cookies with sweet orange frosting

A direct sniff from the bottle and I thought I had found another yummy baked cookie concoction from the lab with a slightly different note, maybe that is the caraway?? It smells wonderful, but not quite like the other 'baked goods' scents that have been released before.

At first when I applied it it was all baked cookie, but within minutes I got some sort of citrus amp that is almost overwhelming! I wasn't expecting the sweet orange frosting to be so... lemony!! It seemed to be the only note I could detect!! That citrus did fade to the background after about 20 minutes, and the ginger tea starting coming out... it really is morphing into something very lovely. Every once in awhile I pick up the sugar cookie or snicker doodle sweetness, but it is the ginger tea that my skin is amping. For my skin chemistry it seems it is more 'Yule Tea' than 'Yule Cookie'.

In The Bottle: Lemon cream cheese frosting. NOMNOMNOMNOM :yum:

Wet On Skin: I get a sharp spike of caraway and then a slow fade into more of the frosting plus snicker doodles and ginger.

Dry Down: A lovely mix of cream cheese citrus frosting, caraway and very light cake.

In All: While it doesn't have the distinction of, say, Sugar Cookie or one of Mother Shub's treats, this is a fine little foodie scent for those with a fondness of such things (of which I proclaim guilt). Medium throw and a nice addition for any foodie's collection.

:)

In the bottle: A sweet creamy butter cookie, a little spice and just a very faint hint at citrus.

Wet: Pretty much the same.

Drydown: I get the sweet cream cheese cookie, and a hint of spice, not detecting any citrus.

A GREAT rich cookie scent!

Ohhh, okay. This has that perfect cookie note but along with it we have a great deal of tea and spice. Wet on the back of my hand, the scent just blooms with tea, tea and more tea. Then we get the spice, mainly in the form of the snickerdoodle note. I am an ardent tea-junkie and so this one suits me down to the ground. It's very evocative. Funnily enough, as I am testing and writing this review I am sipping blood orange tea from a cup and saucer and the scent of that and the perfume oil are rather similar and in the best possible way. It's making me wish I had a snickerdoodle or two to go with it! This, like many blends I've tried from this year's Yule update, is not what I expected but it still manages to be a total win. If you want to smell like tea, snickerdoodles cookies and gingery spice, then choose this little baby. You will not be disappointed.

There are a lot of buttery notes in this one :D

I like it and it reminds me of Bread and Butterfly :P

SUPER FOODY ...!

Cakey and cheerful, very happy, almost the smell of a freshly baked cupcake ;)

Wet in bottle: Rich, butter/lemon frosting, cookie!!!! So far so good!!

On Skin: Still get a cookie scent, but the tea comes out just enough to almost make it smell like mint (to my weird nose)Could be the caraway doing that as well. Was afraid of the tea note, since I am not a fan of tea scents.

Drydown: Stays pretty much the same...I get a little more of the buttercream frosting. The tea and caraway is very delicate. Medium throw. I think this is a dainty, foodie one...but not "girly". If you are a foodie fan, but don't like the over powering scents that some foodies are, then this will be a winner for you!!

In The Bottle: Tangy Cream cheese frosting! Holy schneikies does that smell good...

Wet On Skin: Spicy gingered caraway cake like cookies! Maybe Caraway Pfefferkuchens? Yum yumyum >,<! Something in it however is making it not too foodie. Possibly the tea note in it? Yay!

Dry Down: Tea with gobs of citrus cream chesse frosting and carawayed cinnamon! @.@ I love it, the throw isn't strong on me I think, which is good! A good work scent, bed scent, Scent for everywhere!

After Thoughts?: I believe in Yule Cookies, Yule Cookies for everyone! I need 12 more bottles, hopefully this ages beautifully!

Freaking YUM. :thud:

Seriously, this is a delectable scent. Sweet? Yes. Foody? OMG YES. And yet Yule Cookies smells like a very different take on the fall-winter-holiday baked-goods scents that the Lab does so well. The caraway and citrus notes lend a little freshness and an old-fashioned feel to all the sugar and spice, and the tea keeps the sweetness from going overboard.

I've been a cookie-baking fiend this holiday season, and my biggest triumph was a batch of turbinado-sugar-topped gingersnaps with lemon cream filling. This scent brings to mind relaxing with two of those cookies and a cup of my favorite chai while inhaling all the delightful odors of my baking spree. Beautifully balanced, utterly delicious, Yule Cookies will sorely test my resolve not to buy backup bottles. :yum:

In the decant: Orange frosting, flour, pinwheels, and a bit of spice.

Wet: The orange frosting is the dominant note at first, and it smells delicious! I can smell the baked goods as well, and the scent of treats waiting to be baked. Mmm. :yum: My stomach is growling a bit now. The frosting note is still present, but it is less citrus-y now, and more creamy. Additionally, the ginger tea is becoming more and more prominent the longer this is on my skin. It's warming my skin and threatening to overtake the frosting note. I have sensitive skin, but this hasn't left a welt on my skin yet, and I hope that it doesn't, because I REALLY want Yule Cookies to work on me! The caraway is becoming more prominent as well, and I hope it recedes into the background again, because I am not a big fan of it. I am mostly getting the warm caraway cakes, ginger tea, and pinwheels now. The spot I tested this on is still quite warm... still no welts, though!

Dry: The frosting, the ginger tea, and the baked goods have decided to be friends, and there's just a lovely melange of deliciousness near my wrist. The spices are still quite warm, though. I would not be able to apply this anywhere but the wrist (such as the crook of the elbow or the neck) because of the spices in this.

Verdict: Although I enjoy the scent of Yule Cookies (save for the caraway), I will have to refrain from getting a bottle of this one because of my sensitive skin, and I amp the spices. I will keep my decant, though, because I would like to open it and sniff this every once in a while!

:drools:

Snickerdoodles and ginger tea. This smells like Christmas Eve at my house, when I'm getting around to doing all the baking finally. The spice in the cookies isn't burny either!

In my decant, it's definitely sugar cookies and slight caraway with orange icing, but not ridiculous orange! orange. I don't really like orangey scents so let's hope it stays that way.

On me, wet: Okay, what is that? A CARROT? Did someone stuff a carrot in my decant? :lol: What I smelled in the decant is mostly gone and smells of some sort of vague caraway cookie.

Dry: This really isn't spicy on me too much. It's, at this point, slightly spicy caraway gingery sugar cake. Kind of weird. It's nice, but it's something I'd rather eat than smell like.

Pass. Oh well!

I really like this combination, the balance of the tea and cookie vibe, and the way it shifts.

I get awesome orange frosting at first, and buttery cookies. Slowly that all fades across into the ginger tea (definitely not black tea) with the fading orange and some spiced sugar cookie. I was afraid it would be all too-sweet cookie after the raucous beginning, ;) but it has a delicious start that mellows into a very wearable, sweet, fresh (by my measure) scent, both gingery and citrussy without either one taking over.

I like spices, so I don't find these to be overbearing at all, and I don't seem to get a lot of any one spice.

So, my verdict: Yay, tea and cookies. =)

ETA that I was deathly afraid of the "cake" - cake can go horribly horribly wrong, but I just realised that these reminds me a little more of those crisp ginger cookies with the bits of candied ginger!

Edited by dragonsidhe

Ginger, cookies, and tea. This one is a toothsome, foodie blend with a sprinkling of sugar.

Tasty, but sadly too foodie for me.

Lovers of all foodie/cookie blends should check this out though!

One wrist swiped only, for the sake of faster testing.

In the imp: very sweet sugar cookie with a hint of citrus - this is making me think of a slightly lighter version of Ooky.

Wet on skin: The orange comes out much more here. I'm getting a slight hint of spices, but not much.

Dried down: Hmmm....... this is interesting. i'm getting the very faint scent of orange gingerbread.

Throw: Not much at all. My nose is a little stuffed, though. I'm getting a faint scent of something, sometimes a hint of orange, sometimes a note of gingerbread, and then it disappears.

Verdict: *** 1/* Ido like this a lot, and I think I'll be keeping the decant, but I probably don't need a bottle. Hopefully, I can find one later, if I change my mind.

Sugar cookie topped with caraway seeds? That's what I'm getting. A sugar cookie's not as buttery as shortbread, but it still has that buttery baking note. I can see how it smells like snickerdoodles, too. I drink a lot of ginger tea and I'm not getting that, nor the citrus that others have mentioned. Caraway is an interesting choice of spice. Maybe I'll have to make caraway sugar cookies! :D Not a ton of throw, but I'll enjoy the decant I got.

In the decant, it's delicious cake and sweet citrusy frosting with a tiny hint of caraway and watery ginger tea. It's fairly bland at first but after a half hour or so it warms into the most amazing musky vanilla cake I have ever smelled :thud: It reminds me of another blend I can't recall at the moment but it's definitely a bottle purchase, backup depending how many Yules I need.

In the Imp: Creamy orange frosting, sweet spices, and flour, seriously, you can smell the flour somehow.

Wet: Definitely smelling the flour. It's so weird thinking of smelling flour o.o there's a hint of spice, but it's dry spice. It almost smells like dry oatmeal. There's a hint of orange frosting too.

Drydown: This is quite a dry scent, I don't get ginger tea out of this at all. Instead, it's mostly flour and dry spices, and crusty, dried out orange frosting.

Verdict: It's alright, but not really for me. If there was more orange frosting I think I'd like it more.

2.5/5

Wet, this is all over the place. It smells good, but a little weird. Caraway and citrus and cake and flour....

Dry, Well, it smells like the cake component of Cake Smash, tinged with a hint of caraway which serves to make it more interesting. :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

I bought this scent not knowing exactly what to expect. I like cookie-foodie type scents and I love orange so there didn't seem like there was much that could go wrong here. I was a little hesitant about the flour note though.

In bottle: Sweet bakery-like vanilla with a tiny hint of a floral orange smell. Smells more like orange blossom than orange to me.

Wet: Spicy vanilla cookies, Over 5-10 minutes the cookies get a hint of sweet orange glaze.

Dry: Like sniffing spices in the kitchen where cookies were just baked. The vanilla cookie smell has drifted to the background but it's most definitely still there.

I had no reason to be wary of this scent. It's beautiful! :wub2: If I had my choice it would stop at the wet, vanilla spiced cookie version but A warm vanilla spices scent never goes amiss. :)

A lot of people say that Morocco smells like a basket of spices with vanilla scent. So I thought of that while I was typing this up. To my nose, they're very different. Morocco is warm, creamy vanilla with an undercurrent of soft sandalwood and spice while the dry version of this is like smelling spices out of the bottle. But maybe if you like one, try the other.

Edited by unlaced

Very spicy orange cookies.

This was much less sweet and more dry and spicy than I expected. I don't get much of a cookie note at all, like I did in Sugar Cookie and Butter Rum Cookie.

The ginger is a bit strong and the forefront spice, and the orange frosting is fairly understated. I wish there were more citrus buttercream in this, but it's primarily a spice scent on me and not even a particularly nice one.

Certain foodies, for some reason, have this Essence of Cream Cheese Frosting about them. Usually other people don’t mention it, but I see several mentions of it in this thread. It's not really a good sign for me.

In the bottle: orange cream frosting.

On me: orange cream and tea. Strikes me as being a kind of childish comfort scent, like a perfume hug.

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND drydown is plastic. Sorry Yule Cookie, I was suspicious of you, and you are not a winner.

In the bottle - A sour/sharp cream cheese like smell

Wet on me - Still mostly that sourness although with a fruity sweetness beneath

Dry on me - A sweet bakery scent comes through

Overall - Just doesn't come grab me

this was my first ever bpal cookie perfume. I was intrigued by the lovely label and curious about caraway, I spice I love when it's not in rye bread. (I also love rye without the caraway, not that you asked.)

huffed fresh from my mailbox, the caraway and orange stand out nicely over a background of gently sweetness. it's beautiful and beyond what I could have hoped.

now that the perfume has settled a bit, the caraway and orange scents are no longer as bright and distinct. in the bottle yule cookies now has a tang to it, like the liquid that comes off of yogurt. orange buttermilk buttercream.

on, it has a nice throw and smells like breaking open a warm-from-the-oven snickerdoodle. sweet, warm, tender, comforting, with a suggestion of spice. it lasts from before breakfast past lunch and I'm craving pastries the whole time. delicious!

edited to say that I cannot stop huffing my wrist.

Edited by annemathematics

As a foodie, I went for this. Buttery and rum strong. Not for the dieter this one. You'll be running for the cookie jar. :twisted: