Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Gingerbread Villain

I'm three-quarters gone!

Gingerbread fougere, with hints of lilac, lime, and citrus musk.

Well, DAMN.

This one is a manly cologne, sophisticated with the spicy gingerbread in complete balance with the lime/citrus which give it a sophisticated lightness, but at the base there's a smouldering spicyness. This actually smells like a commercial man's cologne (the name of which escapes me at the moment, but I sort of want to point the finger at Dior's Pour Homme, whichever the superspicy version is).

This is the manly, spicy cologne version of gingerbread. AND IT SMELLS EPICALLY DELICIOUS, AND SEXY.

It's DROOLWORTHY. In fact, the tagline should read "ALL GONE", because... well, you really just want to swallow this gingerbread man whole. (and yes, all the innuendo there is FOR A REASON LADIES).

[here's to fingers crossed that this smells as good on mr. zee_zee as it does on me]

In the decant: Gingerbread with just a touch of citrus.

On skin, wet: Pretty much the same as in the decant.

On skin, dry: Still the same. Gingerbread is by far the strongest note, and the citrus just lightens it up a tiny bit. I amp gingerbread like crazy, and Villain itself is all citrus and musk on me, so this is more or less what I expected.

After an hour: The citrus has mostly been beaten back. There's maybe a tiny hint of the citrus musk note left, but none of the freshness of the lime. I expected this result, honestly, because of how much I amp gingerbread, but I still kind of hoped that the citrus would cut it a *little* more. Disappointing.

In the bottle - A warm, lightly spiced gingerbread

Wet on me - A raw, red ginger scent with a hint of butter in the background

Dry on me - A faint fougere/musk skin note

Overall - I was really interested to see how the gingerbread and Villain would play together; but they don't, I get gingerbread first and then almost like a separate scent the Villain comes through

In Bottle: Strongly gingerbread dominant, with a bit of citrus bite, and a touch of musk giving it an unexpected roundness. The lilac goes well with musk and fougere to give an unexpected hint of sex appeal. Wet: The ginger really pops on the skin. The scent is incredibly well blended, the rest of the foodiness and supporting the delightful ginger, and the sexiness winding around the edges. Dry: Fast fading, alas!

This is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Villain, but never got to purchase a bottle becaus of its short life span. Gingerbread Villain is another different story.

The gingerbread base is a lot more sexier that the one in Shub and just blooms on my skin. It reminds me very much of fall and cool weather. The Villain face comes out but not much and in the end it turns into what smells to my nose as fragrant gingerbread rolled in spruce in pine needles. So gorgeous wub2.gif

ITI: This one smells like gingerbread, although much lighter than Snake or Troll, framed by a paper-y and very light fougere and citrus musk. It's enough to change the tone of the gingerbread, which has a tendency to dominate.

Wet: It's very similar to its iteration in the imp, although I am also getting some of the lilac. It's actually a much prettier scent than some of the other gingerbreads, and honestly, a bit more wearable on a regular basis.

Dry: This is really a lovely scent. It's sugared lilac fougere with a subtle tones of lime that serve to ground the gingerbread note. In fact, I'd say the fougere is the dominant note in this scent ans the gingerbread serves as a mid tone to sweet the other notes.

Heavy cinnamon and ginger with a touch of citrus. Quite enjoyable. Dry, citrus seems to be MIA, but I maaay be getting a touch of lilac, but I wouldn't have known it was there if I didn't read the notes. I like these gingerbread scents, even though they're pretty strong and spicy. I like the fact that they are not sweet and foody. No need to upgrade, as Gingerbread Satyr is the BOMB, (I have a bottle coming), and my fave of the bunch.

This is surprisingly nice!  I'd really like it on a guy.  The gingerbread starts out as comforting, then something surprising emerges with the citrus- not quite sinister, but spry and charming.

Pretty sure Puddin is psychic, because this was on my wishlist, and I got it as a frottle in my most recent Lab order. :joy: 

I didn't try this back in 2013 -- either because I was too enamored with Gingerbread Snake or because I figured I didn't need a GC variant of something I didn't own a bottle of -- and I regretted that decision years later.

This is strong on the spicy gingerbread (I swear I can smell sugar crystals in it) infused with some citrus and lavender fougere. The citrus calms down over time, and the fougere and gingerbread follow suit after that, so that after a day of wear, I am left with some fluffy gingerbread musk with a bit of buttery lilac and just a tinge of citrus.

This one is a keeper for sure. Thank you so much, Lab Rats and Goblins. :wub2: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

At first in the bottle it makes me recoil. Too strong, BUT when I applied a drop to my son's wrist we ended up loving the scent! Truly gingerbread, not getting any other notes. However, my nose isn't as trained as others to detect subtle notes. lol It is exciting tho to read the description. I'm surprised to see lilac, lime, & citrus musk notes. Will start wearing this around next winter.

I absolutely love this version of the "Gingerbreads" By BPAL. I received this through a swap as an imp first and had to hunt down a bottle. Luckily after six months I found a bottle. Was worth the extra shipping from the UK. This is a spicy, warm, wonderful fougère. The lavender here perfectly compliments the spices from the gingerbread. I even get the tang of lime from Villain. The lavender reads cool, while the spices read warm. I love this, it's the best gingerbread scent I've smelled.