Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
The Poison Queen

The Visionary

What I love shall come like a visitant of air. The wild freedom of the snow-gleaming heath thrusting through the dull safety of the hearth and the doldrums of the bleak, rolling moors. Lush, honeyed red musk twined with heart-thrilling white musk on passion-warmed skin against a backdrop of raw, iced peat, common heather, and hearth wood.

whoa what am i smelling here? the Visionary is ICY. i can tell the iciness comes from mint but it doesn't really smell minty; it smells cold! it's crazy. i am enjoying the icy peat and heather/red musk combo way more than i thought i would! it really, really works.

this is scent to wear on a cold winter's night in front of roaring fire with howling winds outside.

In the imp: Musk and peat.

Wet: Heather and a note very reminiscent of clover, peat and moss, and a very light undercurrent of wood.

Dry: In the initial drydown, I get dusty peat, soft musk, and dewy heather, like a cool breze over sun-dappled moors. Later it softens to florals and spice, and on me, smells very similar to Eve - which is probably what that reminded me of when I tried it, and actually helps me isolate what it is in Eve that I'm amping so nicely.

Life is 9+ hours (and was still quite noticeable before I had my shower; my best guess at actual lifespan would be 12-15 hrs); throw is medium to strong. Very very pretty, and when my decant runs out, I will probably consider tracking down more - or hoping for a re-release amongst future Yules.

Stars: ★★★★★

I love this when it's first applied. It smells like black earth, dark moss and soft heather poking through a layer of melting ice. Very natural and evocative. This stage lasts only about 3 minutes on me, though, before the honeyed red musk amps up and takes over. Slinky, sexy, warm red musk (like dark, grapey wine and nag champa incense sweetened with lots of smooth, golden honey and a hint of clean, cool perfume from the white musk and ice. Very pretty, but I miss the earthy opening.

To my nose, The Visionary is a conglomeration of red, white and skin musk, with a honeyed sweetness, and a touch of saltiness (somewhat like Selkie) in the background. Surprisingly pretty, and musky.

Edited by mystery213

Oh, this is so beautiful! Definitely smells like the moors - I love the peat note (I love the smell of peat in anything, including real life) and the heather, with the rich sweetness of musk behind. The closest comparison I have for this is Hallow-een 1915. I need a bottle.

Edited by tau

The Visionary was a longshot on me, though neither the red nor the white musk was as problematic as usual on my skin (I have found in combination they can kind of cancel each other out and only their good qualities remain).  So the opening was very promising:  a musky peat and heather.  It's the ice note that goes awry on me, taking this into aquatic territory, which for my chemistry means dryer sheet territory.  Sad face.

Honestly, I am in love with this  scent. I bought it blind (off the forum? off FB?) because it sounded intriguing, although not necessarily something I would love.

This is one that I appreciate in all of its stages, from the first whiff in the bottle to last bit of haze as it dies off. The only thing wrong with this scent is that it was a limited edition and I don't see it for sale much. I am hoping I com across another bottle when this one is gone.

To me, it is the scent of early, early spring. Just thawing soil, the beginnings of the first signs of life from the earth, ice, musk and a vision of warms fires with some nookie going down. The ice note is present, but is warmed by the hearth wood and heather which ground it. 

HIGHLY recommend.