Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Go to Sleep, Darlings

Kiss-soft clouds of spun-sugar snow.

It is Snow White but Snow White light if that makes sense. I always get play doh from Snow White no matter how aged and this one is doing the exact same thing only it adds a bit of mint at the end. Not for me.

in the vial, this was reminiscent of snow white. i immediately got a little worried because snow white is not good with my skin chemistry. however, this one seems to be working much better so far. it's a soft, sugary snow scent, simple and pretty, though there is something underlying in this that smells slightly musky on me, but it seems to come and go. it reminds me a bit of some previous years shungas that i really love.

I can only agree with every other reviewer; this is indeed like Snow White! It is ever so faint, and from the vial I could almost not smell anything at all.

Once on my skin, a little more of the scent came out, but I'm a little sad that it is sooooo faint, because it's really pretty. Snow White is one of my favorite blends ever, and this one is like a lighter version (I still think it has a floral element, just not as prominent as in Snow White).

I am not getting any sugar from it, but super soft vanilla and something reminiscent of coconut, but all very, very light.

Given the lightness of the scent, it stays very close to the skin, and on drydown I literally had to shove my nose into my wrist to catch the scent.

I like it very much, but I'm not sure I'm going for a full bottle, simply because it is so faint that wearing it becomes almost pointless. But for a day when you need just a slight pick-me-up, and maybe on very warm days, I'm sure it's a beautiful scent to wear :)

I really wanted to like this. Really.

Agreed in that it is very Snow White Lite - but I get more of the sugar, and on wet, it's more like the sugar in the Lick It series. Wet and sugary, with a hint of mint. I think there's a hint of almond in it, which gives it the Snow White feel.

Granted, traditional Snow White is more like a full on tropical drink on me - with coconut, pineapple and almond - than anything snowy.

Like it, but not sure its enough to hunt down a bottle.

This is very soft and sweet--I really do think the description is amazingly accurate. Soft cloud of spun-sugar snow, that somehow feels both sugary and like snow, and warm (like a kiss, I suppose, as per the description) and cold (the sharp aftertaste, almost, of snow, is something I actually do get a sense of from this--I think this is the same thing people are describing as play-doh, though it never exactly reaches that point of association for me) at the same time. Mostly it's just very sweet, but not overpoweringly so, a soft creamy almost cotton candy sweetness, but white, not pink, and it is somehow soft and snow-like. It's actually pretty strong on me, and lasted all day both times I wore it so that I could smell it even with my hands in front of me, but it seems like this is actually pretty common for me compared to others. I don't get a strong sense of coconut at all, but there were a few moments during the day where I got an impression of something white and coconutty, not the smell so much as as sense of it somehow. I also get a tiny hint of mint, but mostly it's just sweet, and not at all a sharp mint.

I'm actually surprised by how much I love the simple sweetness of this! My bottle was a gift, and I debated another one, but I think the one bottle will do for me. Still, it's very lovely.

This is a great example of how complex BPAL is compared to most commercial scents. Wet, it reminded me of Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace, which I used to wear in college--strong vanilla. However, almost immediately, the soft scent of cotton candy came out, followed by something subtly less sweet for balance...my first thought was "sweet tarts", then I thought perhaps violet. An hour later, it's dried down to a whisp of the beautiful lily-musk base note found only in Snow White and one or two other winter blends (I think I recall Beth saying that this note is only available for her to use seasonally).

In short, a soft, sweet, delicate winter scent perfect for a snow :princess: I love it and will be wearing it from now 'til the Lupers arrive.

I don't get any of BPAL's usual "snow" note from this, instead, as others have said it reminds me VERY much of Snow White. She's never been my favorite though, so I'm good with my little imp.

Yah, I agree with the above play-dough comparisons. The scent isn't bad and is ultimately strangely compelling ... you keep coming back to sniff your wrist. :lol:

A clean, sweet, slightly milky scent with a breath of mint; but this mint is very delicate and fades quickly.

I find this blend is very much like Snow White when I did a side by side comparison, except this lasted a little longer and had less of a tropical fruit smell, and more of a sugary smell.

Although a beautiful scent, I find this is very light, nearly to the point of vanishing within two hours. If this scent were a little stronger and more prominent, I'd be buying buckets.

My first thoughts on this one... Snow White + mint, with something floral - lily, maybe. It has the exact same vanilla with a touch of tropical sweetness that I love so much from Snow White, but also a cool, crisp mint element that I wasn't expecting. Perhaps I should have expected it, since 99% of the time the BPAL 'snow' note translates straight into mint on my skin :(

As it dries down, the mintiness subdues a little and everything sweetens up, but I never really get a true 'spun-sugar' because the mint stays there the whole time and that floral tone is also quite obvious. The whole thing fades rather quickly (in less than an hour, it's almost completely gone and it fades down to something that smells kind of stale), where a dab of Snow White lasts on my skin all day. So although it seems unfair to directly compare this to Snow White - that's honestly what it is on me... Snow White + mint. Lovely in its own right, but it's just not doing it for me.

If an older version of Snow White, Antique Lace, and TKO had a quiet, dreamy, sweet lovechild, this would be it.

I immediately put a drop on my pillow and fell into a snowy sugar-spun sleep.

Ah yes... as I suspected it would be-- the sweet snowy part of Snow White and Pink Snowballs. The part that smells so beautiful upon application and then morphs to dusty plastic doll head of doom on my skin. I'm powerless against blends like this... I just have to try them in hopes that it'll work THIS TIME, but it never does even though I LOVE the scent from the bottle :(

In the imp: A wet floral, tinged with sugar.

Wet on skin: A soft, pretty floral. I wonder if this is the "snow" note I've heard so much about.

Dried down: still the soft, pretty floral, again tinged with sugar.

Throw: the throw is very soft sugar. The floral is stronger if I sniff my wrists.

Verdict: **** very pretty (why do I love so many of these Yule blends?) As much as I love sugary scents, I was afraid this was going to be way too sugary on me, but I love it. I definitely want a bottle - the question is whether I need it now, or whether I can wait.

In the Imp: Soft, fluffy, sweet. Slightly perfumey, ozonic.

Wet: Soft, sweet, still perfumey. I'm sure I can smell a hint of lemon too.

Drydown: This has gotten sweeter, and stronger, but it's still quite light on my skin. It kinda does smell like clouds somehow lol. The lemon is quite faint, but still there to my nose.

Verdict: I like this, but I think I may have to try this a couple more times, and try Snow White before I decide whether to get a bottle.

3.5/5

I have to agree with the comparison to Snow White.

Smells almost exactly the same but a tad lighter on the Almond/Coconut thing I get from Snow White.

Plus, Go To Sleep, Darlings is a bit sweeter.

I was going to get a bottle of Snow White. Now I'll just keep both the decants.

Minty vanilla snow with a hint of evergreen. Be still my heart, could this be the replacement for my beloved Waltz of the Snowflakes?! :wub2: In-vial this is less pine than WotS of course, and more snow but they definitely share a bloodline. On, it's the lovechild of Snow White and WotS, though it does have a bit of that play-doh feel to it that aging should fix. It has a surprisingly strong throw and lasted overnight on me and near 24 hours later, I can STILL. SMELL. IT. It's not quite good enough to cure my WotS craving, but it's goooood. Since it lasts so long and is so powerful on me, I may not need more than my decant. Or I might be kicking myself like I did with WotS for not buying a bottle. That fear alone plus the fact that aging will do glorious things for this blend has me thinking a bottle is a very good idea :D

In the bottle: Something very light and slightly sugary. I think I can smell coconut but there is definitely a winter association.

On my skin: Some flower! I don't know what it is but right now it reminds me of casanova. Maybe it's lavender? There is also a very soft cotton-candy feeling sugar scent. I don't get any snow right now. I think I can make out some very faint coconut on my skin now as well but I am very hesitant about it. In a couple of minutes it changes again to a sweeter mellower scent that still has some sugar veil on top of it and otherwise reminds me of a car freshener scent my dad used a long time ago. It really is hard to describe, but it has a similar feeling to the berries in Ondurdis, if that makes sense (better though, because of the sugar goodness). If I had to associate it with an object, I would choose pink cotton candy.

Drydown: As more time passes it loses the lightness and slowly turns to a sweet cozy scent with the note I described above and something that feels like well worn brown leather (or perhaps suede) in a very lighter tone, with a faint sprinkle of sugar dust to top it all up. It is comforting, slightly sweet and relaxing.

Hmm. At first, I get a blast of amazingly sweet Snow White-y goodness. Nearly identical to Snow White, but with the yummy sweetness amped up. It's awesome. As it dries though, quite a bit of the sweetness gets eaten up by my skin, and I'm left with a mix of Snow White and one of the lab's snow notes...and maybe some greenery? A smidge of mint? By the time this is dry, it's not really sweet at all. My skin chemistry sucks. Literally and figuratively. This isn't bad on me, but I wished it stayed sweeter. I will say that the snow note plays nicer one me than the one in Almond Blossom.

FWIW- My DH thinks it smells like "a dirty baby- like someone put a bunch a powder on a baby that really needed a bath".

This is super pretty in the imp, but for those of you who (like me) have plastic issues with Snow White, this does the same exact plasticky thing that Snow White on my skin.

I really wish these scents worked on me, but there's only one "snowy" note that isn't terrible on me unfortunately.

For those of you who love Snow White, this is a simpler, sweeter version. Clean, sugary, delicate.

Man I wish that plastic would fade away. :(

This is the note that turns into playdough in Snow White. I was really hoping that something else was the culprit, because I thought this was positively lovely when wet, but alas, playdough. It's not a keeper. :(

In the bottle: I don't know if it is just me or that I got an odd bottle but all I get is mint. No sugary sweet anything just mint.

On my skin: The moment it hits my skin the mint starts to sour some as it dries it become more and more pine like. Till I am left with a smelling like I have been rolling around in a yule tree.

I bought this because I know sweet sugary scents work on me but this one does not go that way and honestly I am okay with that. I kind of like the pine scent. It is different.

I get the same Snow White feeling as other reviewers did. It's Snow White without the creamy floral aspect. I love the sheer, translucent quality in here and how it just seems to shimmer on my skin. I'm a die hard lover of anything snow related so this was a sure bet. But it's always nice to have something live up to high (make that impossibly high) expectations. It's just pure, light, airy, cold snow that's almost glossy, but still minimal. So pretty and dainty. Stays close to the skin and becomes a touch sweet on the dry down.

Beautiful.

In the decant: Cool vanilla sugar.

Wet: The vanilla is amphing a bit, but that's alright. :)

The dry-down: Sweet vanilla snow. Swoon-worthy. :wub2: This should return each Yule, IMHO. :)

The only reason I know this isn't Snow White in the wrong bottle is the initial burst of mint. So this is basically Snow-Flakes + Snow White. I like it, but I was thinking it would be a unique scent and it isn't, really.

In the bottle - A peary minty candyfloss

Wet on me - A cool leafy green mint scent

Dry on me - Ashes, dry smoky ashes

Overall - Just didn't play with my skin chemistry