Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Go to Sleep, Darlings

Go to Sleep, Darlings

"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

Kiss-soft clouds of spun-sugar snow.

So. Take Snow White, remove the Play Doh and the floral component that I am allergic to. Add the faintest touch of mint when wet and you get this.

In other words, I need 312 bottles.

I may be crazy or my nose may be broken, but this reminds me a bit of Antique Lace! Not exact, of course, and not even super close, but kinda similar to my nose. I get the same sort of cozy, soft, sweet, creamy white feel from each. This is much softer, non-floral, and sticks quite close to my skin where AL is stronger and has all kinds of crazy throw on me. I can't pick out any specific notes in this, though. This is a beautiful, soft, sweet scent that's going to be perfect for those days when I just want to slow down, take a break, and stay snuggled up with a good book, a cup of tea, and my kitties - very comforting, like a squishy, fluffy hug. I'm so glad I went straight for a bottle of this and will probably get at least a couple more before the Yules come down!

Totally agreed with the comparisons to Snow White, first and foremost. At first when I opened the bottle I thought it was Snow White. This is the younger sister of that blend - milder, paler, sweeter and snowier, almost. The scent stays close to my skin and has medium-throw. I'm not getting the spun-sugar at all, I'm just getting snowy sweetness and a comforting, white creaminess. This is going to be a lovely one to slather on winter days when I'm staying at home all day and reading, writing or doing something else I enjoy. It's all of the beautiful parts of winter, without any of the harshness at all - like watching snow fall down outside your windows without actually having to go out into the bitter cold. All the beauty, none of the bite. This is really lovely and for fans of Snow White, it is a total must-have and should be hoarded.

Edited by cherrycherry

Perhaps my nose isn't as discerning as everyone else's, because all I can smell is Snow White. Maaaaaaaaabye it's softer, I would be lying if I said that was a definite. NONETHELESS: It is still absolutely lovely, so I'm glad to have a bottle of it :-)

This was an instant bottle purchase. I actually cried when I saw this in the update. An Alice in Wonderland inspired Yule that smells like sugary snow? I knew it would be made of win!

In the bottle: It's difficult to describe, but it is similar to the snow note in Snow White. This is a good thing, as Snow White is one of my favorite scents of all time.

Wet: Large, sugary fluffy snowflakes. I really think this is the snow note from Snow White, but this blend is a lot lighter and does not contain a floral component. (Sniffing my bottles of Go to Sleep, Darlings and Snow White 2013 seems to confirm this.) It's absolutely lovely and very comforting. I am getting a bit teary-eyed sniffing my wrist.

Dry: Creamy, sugary, fluffy, just-fallen snow. The kind of snow you can't stop watching as you admire it through the window. There is a hint of what I believe to be ozone and mint, but just a hint. It is a blanket of creamy, fluffy snow accompanied by a gentle breeze.

Verdict: This was the Yule that I was most excited for, and it did not disappoint. I really love this. If you love Snow White, you will adore this. If you wish you could try Snow White without the floral component, try this. I daresay one bottle is not enough. It is everything I had hoped it would be, and I'm going to need more.

Wet: Better get my nose closer, I don't really smell anything. Maybe something mint or sweet? Too faint to tell

Dry: I can't remember which arm I put this on, because it is completely gone.

I tested this with several other scents and it was almost completely lost. Extremely light and sweet, hardly any throw or staying power. I'm going to get an imp from a decant circle and retest in much larger quantities.

Overall: too faint to tell, retest with more slathering is required.

This is lovely, and exactly what it says it smells like; cotton candy snow. It's consistent on me from bottle to skin to dry, and very similar to the cotton candy note in Midway. Definitely NOT foodie at all, I am pretty anti-foodie but the lab's cotton candy note is really just lovely.

I just adore this and suspect a few more bottles will make their way home before the Yules go down.

Edited by The Poison Queen

Totally agree with everyone who's compared it to Snow White, not sure which note in SW didn't work for me, but if that one doesnt work for you, give this one a go, it's a winner! Softer and just beautiful! :wub2: Mild to medium throw. I've been wearing it for about 2 hours now and it is still holding it's ground.

I need to order backups!

Reminds me of a softer, paler version of Snow White. Soooooo pretty!

This for me, but with an off, chemically, mint that doesn't fade for quite a while(and I am not big on perfume with mint). :( I so wish I got the cotton candy/Midway smell others are getting.

I also am wearing Snow White on the other arm... and... that's all I get is the creamy almond-snow Snowcake like scent. Don't think I need more as I have plenty of vintage Snow White.

I would also describe this as soft, minty, and Snow White-ish. It's really beautiful and I'm happy to have a bottle! :wub2:

I spontaneously picked up a decant of this even though the notes did not sound like my thing because it was sooooooooooo delicious in the bottle.

Did not disappoint.

The smell of the sweetest softest flannel blankets evah.

Not foody sweet, not perfumerie sweet either. Laundry sweet, but with zero soap. To me, Snow White smells FLORAL, while this does not. Just clean and cuddly. Which was not a thing I thought I wanted to smell like until I put this on.

Definite bottle purchase.

Tzi

Yes, much like Snow White, but not as rich and creamy. It's a soft, buttermint scent...cool, but not mentholy. It stays close to the skin and is very soothing. I see myself wearing this on hot nights.

Snow White's younger sister. Fresh on my wrists, it is almost too cute/young a scent, but I love how it smells after an hour or so of wear. Very subtle, bit powdery, delicate scent.

By the way, I do not get any mint or almond as some of the others did ;) I guess it's all down to skin chemistry!

Edited by yuniper

Oh man, ok so I've been passing on a lot of the LE updates lately cuz I haven't seen a lot of stuff I thought would work for me. This was the only one I bought from the Yules and it is everything I wanted Snow White to be but wasn't.

It does share the snow note (I think it's the snow note-- there is something distinctly "Snow White" about this) but it doesn't turn to plastic play doh powder like SW did on me.

I'm never good at picking out notes but this is just cozy and sweet and lovely. There was about a 5 min period where it went to baby powder and I was scared but it passed and now it's just awesome beauty.

I have a "no hoarding" rule that I just broke becuz I ordered another bottle of this and I'm not even sorry. It is so good. Sorry I can't be more specific about what I like about it but the other posters who liked this said things I agree with.

In bottle: This is lovely is a very pink sugary sort of way. It’s a tiny bit like play-do, but in a nice way. Pink spun sugar snow really is a good description. There is a touch of the snow note that works best of the lab snow scents for me, but it’s all about the sugar really. Wet: The sugar is still strongest, but the snow is a bit stronger and the mint in the snow accord does a dance with the sugar. There is something a bit plastic as a result. I loved this in the bottle, but my skin chemistry starts to curdle it to my great regret. Dry: Settles down to the spun sugar note with a kiss of mint.

Another one chiming in with the "Snow White" comparison. I love how Snow White smells in the bottle, but on my skin? Straight up woodsmoke. If I wear Snow White, multiple people that day will invariably ask me if I smell that bonfire, or if I walked through woodsmoke, something to do with me smelling like straight up smoke. And I can't say I blame them, it goes to straight woodsmoke on me.

This is what I want Snow White to smell like on my skin. It's like all the other batches were "off," and this one is right. Only, it's not Snow White, it's Go To Sleep, Darlings. (It's really, Snow White, dammit! It is!)

Awwwwww, I so wish I got cotton candy from this! Or spun sugar.

Snow White, to my nose, has a distinctly "green" note, like flower stems. I get that same note in Go To Sleep, Darlings - On me, it's all Snow White, all the time. Flower stems and sweet snow.

:(

Yup, this is the snow note from Snow White without any weird plastic making florals, with a dose of sugar. Really pretty, but I don't think I'll need a bottle (except maybe a cheap partial from someone selling decant circle remnants)

Mmmmmm. This is soft and gorgeous. This is what I always wished Snow White smelled like on me. I get a nice heavy dose of sugar on the dry down. Bottle worthy.

In the decant: Oh. My. Goodness. This is Snow White, but sweeter and so, so lovely. I LOVE Snow White to bits: it ties with Banshee Beat for my fav. BPAL. So this is awesome...

I detect a hint of mint in this one, must be the snow.

On me, wet: What, why did they go playdough? But...it's good playdough? Like, made out of sugar and almond-mint icing playdough. I like it!

Drying: Oh boy, do I love this. It's Snow White with the green note left out and amped full of snowy sugar. That apparently turns into minty almond playdough on me and I ~looove ittt~. And it gets better the more it dries.

It's been several years since I sold my bottle of Snow White, because it made me sneeze. But this smells soooooo similar. Except it's not making me sneeze. Gentle florals, tons of vanilla, and a little coconut and mint. Creamy, white, sweet, comforting.

On me, wet: What, why did they go playdough? But...it's good playdough? Like, made out of sugar and almond-mint icing playdough. I like it!

This is the exact description of my wet phase. It keeps this weird, kind of likable playdough smell for at least an hour. After that it becomes something creamy, soft and minty, and reminds me of the creamy element of Pink Snowballs. I think if it were named something else I might not even keep the decant, because it takes a while to become amazing and I think will be better as a layering scent than a standalone. But I love the name so I'll probably try to find a partial 5 ml.