Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Mother Shub's Pumpkin Pecan Treacle Tarts

Popularized by the reality TV show "Real Cultists of Arkham Hills"!

First sniff: Granny's homemade pralines! <3 <3 <3 If this is what Treacle Tart tastes like, I'm heading for England tonight. I'm sniffing this 4 years late, so it's had plenty of time to age, and I think it has done well but I can see some of the ghosts of notes people didn't love right away. It doesn't smell like a pastry; it smells like a... cauldron of gooey almost-too-ripe pumpkin and spice and pecans. Honestly I love it.

Where I'd wear this: Baking Halloween treats

This is very strong pecan.  It smells exactly like the wooden bowl of nuts that my grandmother used to always have in her kitchen...whole nuts in the shells.  It’s definitely a heavy scent I’ll wear in the fall and winter, and I like it layered with vanilla to balance the dark woodiness a bit.

Lots of maple syrup smothered pecans with brown sugar. I can smell the pumpkin spice (mostly cinnamon and nutmeg) but not really the pumpkin itself. This is reminding me of candied nuts, but sweeter. 

It seems so simple but this is really nice. I'm not a huge fan of nutty scents but the sweetness in here makes it lovely. This is so good, I can't stop sniffing myself! One of the best Mother Shub's scents, my first love was Squamous Sea Salt Caramel Cookies. :heart: