Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
patina

Pits and Galleries of Panic

Out of the unimaginable blackness beyond the gangrenous glare of that cold flame, out of the Tartarean leagues through which that oily river rolled uncanny, unheard, and unsuspected, there flopped rhythmically a horde of tame, trained, hybrid winged things that no sound eye could ever wholly grasp, or sound brain ever wholly remember. They were not altogether crows, nor moles, nor buzzards, nor ants, nor vampire bats, nor decomposed human beings; but something I cannot and must not recall. They flopped limply along, half with their webbed feet and half with their membraneous wings; and as they reached the throng of celebrants the cowled figures seized and mounted them, and rode off one by one along the reaches of that unlighted river, into pits and galleries of panic where poison springs feed frightful and undiscoverable cataracts.

Membranous green mandarin with dread-choked black sandalwood, opoponax, pine tar, mimosa, mugwort, and acrid tagetes.

Immediately on applying I smell camphor, but that vanishes quickly.

I get citrus, but a sort of herbal citrus. The mugwort is strong here, silvery and herbal. It must be what I mistook for camphor. I can't really pick out the sandalwood or tagetes. Yes, it's a little sour, maybe even acrid, but the opoponax and mimosa seem to be doing their part to keep it from being a screeching sour horror. I do like mugwort and here it smells very delicate and silvery. It's not unlike the lab's White Sage SN.

My mother tells me this smells to her like nice soap (must be the sandalwood) and cedar.

Sour sandalwood, pine and herbs. This smells herbal, and oddly luminescent for a blend with some pretty heavy components. It manages to be luminescent and dark at the same time.

This smells like an bioluminescent green orb floating in the middle of the night. And you know, from the prickle in the back of your neck, you don't want this sucker to notice you and float your way.

So in other words, this smells like Cthulu jellyfish (the green glowing kind).

I like the sandalwood and green, slippery mandarin notes here a lot, but in my decant there's a dirt note that's so strong that it's not very pleasing to my nose. I may try combining it with another citrus scent to see if the dirt calms down a little.

It starts out very medicinal, which worried me somewhat. However, it disappears after a little while, and what's left is a surprisingly pleasant herbal sandalwood scent with a little bit of zest from the mandarin.

I can't really pick out many individual notes, but on a whole it's woody with herbal overtones, and blends very well, I think.

I find it quite nice, but it probably wouldn't be the kind of scent I would reach for very often myself.

When this goes on I get acrid, rotting citrus - ew! :ugh:

I nearly washed it off but I have persevered. After an hour I am getting a herbal, vaguely citrus sandalwood but it still manages to be both powdery and acrid on me.

Sharp and resinous with the opoponax. After a bit, it kind of smells like tart berries and resins. This really isn't my thing, it smells kind of moldy.

hmm, i don't seem to get the notes clearly. it smells just like a head shop or indian incense. a little bit soapy too, can't smell much else. very "hippie" scented on me.

I was recently gifted a decant of this, so here's a slightly aged review. ;)

This is one of the biggest morphers I've tried, for sure. In the imp and wet this is a very green scent, a little herbal-medicinal, a little citrus, a little whisper of floral and sandalwood just to weirden it up...It's not aquatic, but something about the wet stage of this one makes me think of waterlogged ground and trodden weeds. It's not a bad smell, just very odd, and it doesn't last long at all on me.

The halfway stage turns into a beautiful floral, reminiscent of flowering orange groves, I'm guessing mimosa plays nice with my skin chemistry, but once again, it doesn't last.

The final drydown settles into a soft, incensy sandalwood, like the smell that lingers in your hair after you've wandered around an import shop for a while.

I don't know if I'll try to track down more, but I will definitely enjoy my decant for something a little quirky.

Did somebody say Vicks Vapor Rub? Wow, that throws! It settles down into an herbal mix. And some spoiled vegetable matter.

Powdery sandalwood, a mentholic and sharp pine note, and a very sour citrus note that turns slightly soapy on me in the drydown. I find it all very sharp and sort of clean, but also strangely soured and just unpleasant...