Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black amber erupting with a dark volcanic surge of fiery dragon's blood and a burst of melati, rose geranium, mandarin and black currant.

In the Imp (ITI): I get dragon's blood first, followed by the darkest amber I've smelled lately, and then rose geranium

Wet: On my skin, dragon's blood and amber are still prominent but I get tones mandarin that surge over the rose geranium.
Dry: Darkly simmering in drangon's blood and velvety black amber.

Acquired an imp of this off my wish list in a lovely swap. Hoped that the Dragon's Blood and amber would offset the rest of the notes.

IN THE IMP: Mostly fruit. No DB. No amber. But, that said, not a dealbreaker (yet) and for me, with these fruit and floral notes, it could have been.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Oddly, rather than flat-out fruitiness, I am getting a strong wine note. It's not horrible right away but booze and wine tend to be notes of doom on me (not in me). No DB. But yes, amber. Boozy amber.

DRYDOWN: The DB never appears. The amber disappears. And I am left with boozy fruity florals. Blerg.

OVERALL: This is not as bad on me as some of the boozy fruity florals that have been washoffs. But it is definitely not something I'd ever choose to wear again.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2.

When I first sampled Rage, I wasn't sure what fruity element was throwing me off, I thought it might be the black currant, but after trying some currant scents and dragon's blood scents, I realized I just don't care for dragon's blood. Though, I did like this more on the drydown, it just wasn't overall my cup of tea. Maybe my skin just amps dragon's blood which is a weird combo of dark fruits and soapy violets on me.

I'm a huge fan of Wrath, which I feel perfectly captures the feeling of righteous anger. Rage, on my skin at least, doesn't seem to match its name nearly as well. It's very fruity, a little floral. Dragon's blood always has the potential to turn cloying on my skin. I love the combination of citrus and rose geranium, but neither note is very distinct here. And it's very faint after 90 minutes. I'm very glad I got to try this one, but I don't think I will wear it.

In the imp: It smells faintly of dill pickles. (You heard me.)

On my skin:

Wet, it's dill pickles and amber. As it dries, I get amber and... stinky socks? At this point, I cannot pick out any individual notes besides amber. 

Eventually, sock stink dissipates, and I can make out currant under the amber. 

But by this point, the whole scent is starting to go.