Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Make a purchase at Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, or Cyber Monday, and receive a free imp of PROGRESSUS: a blend of Solar oils believed to generate abundance, augment success, and bestow good fortune, including golden amber, honey laurel, heliotrope, saffron, and Atlas cedar.

Kind of woody and herbal with a good dose of amber.  It's reminding me of an le from awhile back, I want to say The Sportive Sun. This is giving me a reaction, rare with bpals.  My eyes immediately started stinging, and my cheeks went really red.  I hope this doesn't stop the luck, haha. Nice to try, but it is a bit dry for my tastes.

I just got an imp of this in my Lupercalia order, randomly enough.  In the bottle it's woody and reminds me of ...I think Foundation of Fortune? It smells very familiar, and I'm pretty sure it's reminding me of a TAL money blend, but I'm not 100% certain which one. On my skin it's sweet amber, which I tend to amp to the exclusion of anything else. 

A lovely BPALista frimped this to me, and I'm really glad I got to try it! :D

At first, the golden amber, honey laurel, and sweet heliotrope are the main players, with the honey laurel being the strongest of those notes. It's rather powdery on me at first, but the cedar and saffron emerge after a while, adding more warmth and a little spice to the blend. The golden amber ends up being the dominant note after several hours of wear, backed by the honey laurel, cedar, saffron, and heliotrope. It's still somewhat powdery, but not as powdery as it was initially. I get more of the resins and saffron from a distance, with the honey laurel and heliotrope being more noticeable when sniffing up close.

A solar blend, indeed! I will be hanging on to my imp. :dance: