like a coxcomb did its crest appear,
with amber-tinted eye it gazed about,
the pupil like some pomegranate seed.
Exceeding all, its voice pre-eminent;
of every wing’d thing, the king,
it did appear. For all the birds, as one,
in fear did haste to follow after him,
and he before, like some triumphant bull
went striding forth with rapid step apace.
- Ezekiel the Tragedian, the Exagoge

Its breast appeared deep-dyed with purple’s shade, its legs were red like ochre, and its neck was furnished round with tresses saffron-hued; like a coxcomb did its crest appear, with amber-tinted eye it gazed about, the pupil like some pomegranate seed: wild plum, North African saffron, frankincense, pomegranate, limonite accord, and golden amber.

I don't know what God or Goddess Beth invoked to create this scent...but THANK YOU!!! :bow: This is a delicious amber, pomegranate and saffron scent. It is fruity...but not sweet. Slightly incensy, and the saffron is not overpowering. This I NEED!!!!!! :joy:

This one was all bright fruit on me. Not exactly what I usually like to wear, it got rather "cloying" on me. Maybe that's why I don't usually like bright fruity scents, they don't work on me. But, if you like bright, fruity scents, this one is for you!

Wet, this is all plum of the foody type but once dried it becomes much more complex - still plum but with a supporting cast of soft spicy incense. After a couple of hours I get powdery beeswax along with my plum. It seems to last quite well and has a moderate amount of throw.

Very strong plum and incense, with a definite ashy or dusty-stone quality (limonite.. how rad!). Voluptuous, hazy, purple. Similar in feel to Penumbra (purple musk, amber, pom), but I find it most like Mlle. Lilith Fortune Teller (pom and incense)-- they dry down to be more alike than not for me. This Phoenix a bit more purple, Mlle. Lilith a bit more pink, but definitely the same incense. This is a gorgeous blend, my favorite of the decants I got. It's fresh, but still deep, attractive, but still a bit innocent. :yum:

Edited by MCS4096

This starts off bright and fruity, but on my skin rapidly dries down into something belonging to the Snake Charmer and Mme. Moriarty family. I think it's going to age gorgeously.....

Pomegranate, Frankincense and after it dries a bit- saffron, but just a hint. I was hoping for PLUM! But this is very pretty.

Wet in bottle - musty fruit. :ack:

Wet on me - musty fruit. I'm going to have to retest both this and Goblin Market after my cycle is done. I'm amping something in both blends that smells like musty mildew, and surely these can't really smell like that?

Ezekiel's Phoenix eventually loses the musty, though, and dries down to smooth, dark, deep, incensey plum and pomegranate, with what I think must be the frankincense in the background. The Lab's plum, on me, consistently turns out more of a dark fruit incense than the actual fruit.

This is, once it dries, very sexy and dark and smoldering. Definitely a keeper.

Edited by GoddesShel

The pomegranate, amber and saffron in the description gave me hope that this could resemble my super-rare BPAL favorite, Queen of Clubs. Could it?

Not initially. It smells more like The Kingdom of Sweets, all tart fruity candy. BPAL's pomegranate note does that to me sometimes. Then I get the darker fruitiness of the plum: better.

The scent when it dries down is warmer and more ambery but that sweet-tart pom note is still there, and I can't catch the saffron, frankincense or limonite accord. The saffron and frankincense may even be contributing to that enduring "bright" scent impression.

Not much resemblance to QoC. It's pretty close to SN Pomegranate on me.

Oooh boy... don't hit me but this smells a bit like Calvin Klein's Euphoria. Mind you that's one of the very few commercial perfumes I can stand... so win!

Saffron and me don't always agree. It tends to turn to burning rubber on my skin if not blended with just the right notes. Anyways... Its the saffron that shines here. This really showcases what saffron can do and how much of a unique keystone it can be in a perfume. Sweet plum and pomegranate with warm gorgeous saffron and just the right blend of resins. Bottle for sure.

In the imp: a sweet scent, mostly the plum and pomegranate, which go together better than I would have expected. I think the saffron's in there, too.

Wet on skin: Interesting - I think it's the frankincense coming out on my skin, but I'm getting sandalwood more than anything else. Probably a mixture of the frankincense and amber - I'm not sure what limonite accord is.

Dried down: Heavy on the amber, but sweetened by the plum and pomegranate.

Throw: This has a decent throw but light and pleasant, the kind that makes me want to breathe it in more.

Verdict: **** 1/* This is beautiful. I don't know how often I'll reach for it, but I think I want a bottle.

:wub2:

I second the first review! :lol:

This is lightly fruity, but not too sweet. The blend is warm and plum-dominant. It reminds me if hazy summer days eating plums warm off the tree. The fruitiness fades and the stone moves forward. This reminds me of Moon of Horses after the wine fades.

Another phoenix bottle I think! :eek:

Dark, spicy fruit with slight undertones of wood and a little smoke... quite delightful, and I'm glad I bought a bottle blind!

Very sad about this one. The reviews all sound divine, but it just doesn't smell like anything to me. In the bottle I couldn't get an impression of it, and I basically saturated a cotton swab to slather it on, at which point if I realllly sniffed deeply I got a faint whiff of something. I was sure I would love this and that it would fill a specific void in my collection, but it's off to the sales.

Bright fruity pom/plum, amber and frankincense. This is a bright, sunny blend, confident and joyous.

The combination isn't something that appeals to me, but if you're looking for a fruity resin with a bit of spice give this a try. Most of the time I find that resins aren't fruity, and this one is a lovely unexpected combination.

In the bottle - A warm tart plum with a touch of almond

Wet on me - Soft slightly floral plums

Dry on me - Soft gentle plums with a hint of saffron

Overall - Disappeared very quickly on my skin

This is pomegranate and plum overload on me, but it's far sweeter than any pom or plum I've smelled from the lab. This would probably appeal to a young teenage girl, although my skin may be what's doing odd things to this blend. The frank comes out in a bit, and now it's reminding me kind of like Bordello. Not for me, not into uber sweet, fruity blends anymore, although I probably would have been all over this a few years ago.

I like this spicy and fruity scent mix! :D

I wasn't sure when bidding on it if it was more my kind of scent, or my sister's (who prefers more bubbly perfumes). But I really enjoy this blend! It smells like a red licorice rope rolled in cinnamon, or to be more exact like a red birch root beer. It makes me think of summertime and concession stand candies by the local ball park. This is one sticky sweet phoenix with a hint of warm spice to it as well. I give a 4 out of 5 stars for being a likable, nostalgic scent.

I get lots of tart pomegranate and sweet plum from this, with a hint of saffron spiciness. The amber makes it a little powdery in the drydown, and it reminds me overall of sweet tarts candies.

Absolutely beautiful. Pomegranate tends to be a rather sharp fruit scent for me, but this is very balanced. The initial scents is all plum on me, but quickly the other notes join in. The amber, frankincense, and saffron make it a deeper scent, and it definitely has a metallic note. I assumed the metallic note was the limonite accord, though I had no idea what that was, so I looked it up, and its a form of iron! So I wasn't going crazy 😂 This dried down to a deep plum scent that I couldn't stop sniffing.