Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Zii

Leather and Pepper

So I tried calocyclas and loved the combination of pepper and leather. I am looking for scents that have this combo, bonus if it's GC.

Other things in the similar leather and spice family that I've tried include Black Rider (love it) and Hatta (also love it, but it's warmer than what I'm really looking for).

VILF is the one that comes to mind for me, but of course you'd have to hunt for it - Vampire smut: patchouli-infused honey, red musk, red sandalwood, red ginger, pink pepper, Peru balsam, dark Eastern florals, Himalayan cedar, smoky vanilla, bitter clove, and leather.

What kind of pepper? Black pepper and pink pepper are totally unrelated plants. There's a good dozen other "peppers" out there because it's a name applied to anything sharp-tasting, but I don't think most of them are BPAL notes.

Calocylas says it's a black pepper note; VILF lists pink pepper. I haven't tried either. The only pepper note I think I've got is in [Redacted] Dragon, a Lilith/Pickman Gallery LE from spring of this year. which is listed as pink pepper. I'm actually not crazy about {Redacted] Dragon; the pink pepper seems to add a musty sharp-unpleasant note, which is probably compounded by the presence of vetiver, even though on paper I should like all the other notes:

Raw red ginger, pink pepper, red carnation, sweet clove, vetiver, heartwood cinnamon, and jasmine sambac.

Used the old search tool and here's what it listed:

Contains leather and pepper notes:

The High Priest Not to be Described

Hand of Glory

The Bloody Sword

Burning Vulva

Two Monsters

VILF

Ebenezer Scrooge

The Soldier

Contains Leather and 'Spice' notes:

Mama-Ji

Calico Jack

The Arabian Dance

I really want to hunt down both VILF and the Soldier now! Spanked is also something I'v been looking into, but it's kind of hard to find.

I really want to hunt down both VILF and the Soldier now! Spanked is also something I'v been looking into, but it's kind of hard to find.

I wanted to add Eldritch Dark. It's a sexy leather as well. ;)

Edited by Ichigo

Bumping this thread to see if there are any foodie leathers you all might recommend? I have tried The Soldier and Eldritch Dark. But wondered if there was something sweeter, yummier, but still leathery? :D

So despite failing to find the Soldier on my own, it magically appeared in a circle swap I hosted and is amazeballs. And tontentanz is another yummy leather/pepper combo that to me rivals Loviatar for sexy.

I tend to amp leathers, so most 'sweet' notes tend to vanish. Wish I was more use. XD

I found Rogue from the RPG series to be leathery and peppery! However, I found both of those notes (which I love dearly) softened a great deal after I put it on. But, it is a GC scent and you could try it for 4$. :3

No! Is it a good spicy leather? Always down for more spicy leather scents!

Nope - it's not a leather blend at all.. the notes are:

Bay rum, bourbon vanilla, galangal, hyssop, High John the Conqueror root, tobacco, life everlasting, and brimstone.

which honestly isn't very helpful because it's hard to imagine what all that smells like! But what made me think of it for you is the gorgeous spicy/peppery feel that it has - it doesn't smell 'spicy' as such, more smokey maybe... like a smokey pepper with a really deep warmth. I know it's not what the 'leather and pepper' you were asking about, but I do love a good leather/spice mix myself and Hellhound is not that but I like it very much and I think you might too :) The only down side is that it's kind of hard to find, but maybe read through the reviews and see if you think it's worth hunting some down :smile:

No! Is it a good spicy leather? Always down for more spicy leather scents!

Nope - it's not a leather blend at all.. the notes are:

Bay rum, bourbon vanilla, galangal, hyssop, High John the Conqueror root, tobacco, life everlasting, and brimstone.

which honestly isn't very helpful because it's hard to imagine what all that smells like! But what made me think of it for you is the gorgeous spicy/peppery feel that it has - it doesn't smell 'spicy' as such, more smokey maybe... like a smokey pepper with a really deep warmth. I know it's not what the 'leather and pepper' you were asking about, but I do love a good leather/spice mix myself and Hellhound is not that but I like it very much and I think you might too :) The only down side is that it's kind of hard to find, but maybe read through the reviews and see if you think it's worth hunting some down :smile:

I'll look at it for sure! It sounds like it might be something worth testing out.

Have you tried Totentanz? It read peppery leather and musk.

It's only the most beautiful leather I have put on my skin! ;) I love my bottle to bits.

Spanked was available as a linen/room spray for the Yules. I cheat and spray it on my hair (but never on my skin, burning terror). I have three bottles of it, you might be able to talk me out of one :P