Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

Since I'm still down with the plague I didn't feel like getting dolled up in my usual witch's dress, which involves a corset and much crinoline. My Trick tee from last year's Inquisition and Punkie Night will do nicely.

Oh, and the mulled wine ain't hurting either. :hic:

I dressed up as a gypsy, took my Tarot cards to work, and wore Mme Moriarty. Sort of an homage to Beth on her wedding day, as well as going with my fortune-teller motif. :P

This past weekend (and tonight) I dressed up as the 10th Doctor from Doctor Who, and wore Dorian, which I thought fitting. Tea + boy basically equals the Doctor in my mind. My girl dressed up as a pirate on Friday and wore Pirate Moon. Today's choice (sans costume) was Count Dracula.

I dressed as an agent from the Matrix on Friday night, when we had our costume party. I've been hunting for a scent I think Agent Smith would wear, but as I was really going as just a random female agent, I thought I should find a scent that I would wear, were I this agent.

http://pics.livejournal.com/hillarygayle/pic/003z2s43.jpg

I settled on Door 13, which smelled metallic & clean & warm, like metal warmed with body heat. I smelled AWESOME.

I dressed as . . . um. . . a hacker geek who was unplugged from the Matrix? Yeah, that's it. Plus, I came unscented because at the Hayless HalloWeiner Ride, it turned into a scent orgy. *nodnod* Plus, I got to chomp on HillaryGayle's head. I has pics. :P

I only did a costume for my chorus concert, so the BPAL was definitely Schwarzer Mond, which brings me luck singing. I wore more Mond when I went out to the goth club that night - although by then I was tired of wearing a costume and put on a Jeannie Nitro brocade gown I hadn't worn before.

For my Samhain ritual tonight? Well, Samhain, but at various other points during the day I was wearing Jack and Pumpkin III.

I was a Devil in a Blue Dress (blue velvet dress, sequined horns), and I wore Lilith, because she's a demoness and because I associate that scent with velvet gowns. :P

I went double duty on my costume. My husband was Jack the Ripper so I was a modern day 18th century upper class..ahem.. "call girl" but people couldn't figure me out so I was demoted to a charactor in Harry Potter that wasn't written in the books or the movie by some kid. He said I looked like a chamber maid from Harry Potter. :D but I looked hot so I didn't care. I wore a mix of Hellion and Saw Scaled Viper and omg.... :P I was tryin to sniff myself but I dabbed the most of it in my boozies so it was a bit difficult. :D

I've worn Stardust 2005 for the last two New Year's Eves, so I'm thinking of making it a tradition. Either that or the darkhorse New Year's Eve in Dogville - my husband's playing a live set at a party :P

This is tricky... we're going out to a nice restaurant, so I can't be too perfumed.

Smut leapt (leaped?) to mind as my first choice, maybe because I've been reading about it in the update thread lately.

Bon Vivant is totally appropriate, inurbanus... and that gave me pause.

I need to think of something that encapsulates my wishes for the upcoming year, I suppose... which keeps Smut in the running :P and probably puts "Hope" on the list.

Until seeing this thread, I didn't realize what a choice I had in front of me!

Wow, thread merged at lightning speed! :P

I'm going to an impromptu lunch-time meet 'n sniff at Moonarcana's tomorrow, so I imagine we'll be testing all sorts of things up and down the arms. I'm looking forward to trying Emathides again because I know she has that.

As for tomorrow night......well, I may not wear any scent at all! Lately I've been going 'bare' more often, something going on with my nose, I'm not sure why.....but scents have been getting on my nerves a little. I may dab on just a little bit of Djinn, since it's usually my going-out-at-night scent. We shall see. Also the party I'm going to is with a leather crowd and they discourage the wearing of cologne/perfume.....not that I've ever been much of a conformist.......but I know I would stick out like a sore thumb, so we'll see. If anything it will be something dark and/or smokey.

I'm most likely going to be wearing Black Lace during the day, so I might as well wear it at night, too. Unless it's too cold and I need El Dia de Reyes for snuggling purposes. And for New Year's Day, which is supposed to be cold and rainy (again), most likely also either of those two. I'm boring. :P