Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

I wore Midwinter's eve and Snow White for Christmas. They are the scents that comfort these cold days to me and those that make me feel to me happy and generous. :P

I've been switching scents a lot mid-day lately and Christmas was no exception. In the morning, I wore a combination of Snake Oil, Dana O'Shee and Aureus. It's just such a perfect combination and puts me in a happy festive mood everytime I wear it. Later in the day I switched to Snake Charmer, my other "I can't get enough of this smell", perfect-any-time scent. At night I switched to Snow White, so beautiful, calming and soothing.

For New Years I haven't decided. I'll probably go with Snake Charmer as it's just about the perfect scent for any occassion and my absolute favorite. And it's special enough to do justice to any occassion.

I wore The Snow Maiden on Christmas Eve for a quiet night with my husband and children, Krampus for Christmas Day with my side of the extended family (I needed the rush to survive the day) and for Boxing Day with my husband's family it had to be The Winter of Our Discontent (for the comfort and refuge - it was perfect for closing my eyes and blocking out the world :D ).

I'm not actually doing anything for New Year's Eve :P but I'll be wafting Et Lux Fuit. It is not typically my kind of fragrance, but it is lovely and I just adore the spirit and sentiment behind its creation. Maybe my New Year will be filled with light.....

Jolasveinar for Christmas Eve and Haloa for Christmas Day. Jolasveinar makes me giggle when I think of "pilfered Christmas pastries" - and Haloa (how do you make the circumflex in BB code?) reminds me of marathon holiday baking sessions, feasting and laughing.

I went with Snow Bunny for Christmas Eve, Antique Lace for Christmas Day. I have the most layering possibilities (vanilla body wash, AL lotion I mixed up) with Antique Lace, and I didn't want to worry about fading by the middle of the day. (Plus I love, love, love it and it makes me happy!)

Stardust is the perfect New Year's Eve perfume. I wore last year on my first fun NYE in a very long time. Hoping to repeat the experience this year.

Edited by CLFilm

I spent a lot of time sniffing oils before I picked my Christmas scent, and I went with Red Lantern. Someone told me that my description of how this almost 1 year old aged oil smelled on me sounded a bit like the lab's description of Hearth, and I agree. It smelled more like Hearth than Hearth on me! Silly, but true. It was just like gooey caramel dessert eaten in front of the fireplace. Too yummy.

For New Year's Eve, I'll probably go with my Lady Vixen. The sweetened patchouli seems like just the thing for a decadent party. I'm noticing that as my bottle ages the scent is getting thicker, richer and sweeter. I may have to invest in some more bottles soon just to age them!

For Valentine's Day, I'll probably end up going with Queen of Sheba because it makes the husband want to eat me. This is a good thing. :P

Rose Red for Christmas. For my New Year's trip to Iceland, however, there's only one choice: Jolasveinar! As soon as I saw the story of the Jolasveinar in my tour book, I realized I now have a perfect perfume for every occasion.

For Christmas Eve I wore Vixen, Vixen smells so amazing on me :P it was my first BPAL love :D & for Christmas day I wore Bordello, on me it smells like sweet berries & plum. :D

Edited by black*cat

Whip and the Peacock Queen are my "special occassion" perfumes. In fact, I wore Whip to my wedding. :P

Around the holidays I'll wear either Snow White or perhaps Shattered if the mood strikes me (note to self: must order bottle, imp is running low).

On Christmas Eve I wore Talvikuu, and on Christmas day I wore gingerbread poppet.

ETA: Now...what to wear on New Years? I might actually wear the White Light TAL to try to get my year off to a good start.

Edited by jewelbug

I wore underpants for Christmas. Later in the day, after my Mum had given me my giganto box o' bpal she bought me ( :P ) I put on some lick it again, continuing on with the whole vanilla thing.

I wore Purple Phoenix on Christmas, because I'd just gotten it in the mail on the 23rd. Unfortunately, I could barely smell it, in or out of the bottle. It seems nice enough, when I catch a whiff.

New Year's will be either Snow Moon or Tulzscha, and will be spent atop a snowy mountain with the Rock Star. :P

I wore Winter of Our Discontent on Christmas Eve and Snowflakes of Christmas. I am not sure what to wear for New Year's eve, though...something that makes me feel good and sexy since New Year's eves are always downers for me somehow. hm.

I was going to wear Herr Drosselmeyer, but I opted for Gingerbread Poppet at the last minute. I scented the house with Midnight Mass.

NYE will probably be Red Devil. If I feel more lazy and snuggly, a bath in Maiden.

I wore Spanked on Christmas, because it was my gift to myself (with great cooperation from BPTP) last year.

For New Year's I'm leaning toward Sol Invictus, Lionheart, or Kether. I'll make up my mind when the day arrives.

For Christmas I slathered on the Punkie Night - it reminds me of the smells of the Kris Kringle Mart that we used to go to when I was a child in Germany.

i wore penitence on christmas, because the frankincense and myrrh seemed appropriate (well, more appropriate for epiphany, i guess, but who has an epiphany party! :P ), and it smells really great on me.

for new year's eve, i think i'll wear othello. i love the spicy rose scent. very sexy!

Edited by concrescence

Red Lantern for Christmas Eve because its lovely and rich. Lick It Again (naturally) for Christmas morning and dinner. Thinking back I should have worn Mum Moon to dinner just because its so pretty but it really doesn't matter now.

For New Years (not that I plan to do anything) I'm probably wearing Stardust or TAL Milk and Honey for a bit of new year's hope.

I believe that I wore Bastet on Yule, however I did put on some Posset's Winter Solstice later in the evening as I did a bit of solemn meditation.

I went out of town to visit family for a few days around Christmas, so I packed some assorted imps with me (in my handy-dandy BPTP 'Garden of Earthly Delights' imp case) and I wore Stardust '06 layered with a bit of Mistletoe on Christmas Eve. But we passed around Midnight Mass '06 before Tom left to go play for the Christmas Eve service. (he's the organist & music director at an Episcopal church) It was a big hit - everyone thought it smelled exactly like church incense.

On Christmas Day I wore Dana O'Shee, just because it's so light and pretty on me and it smells really good with the Kiehl's cherry almond lotion that I had brought with me.

I have no idea what I'll wear New Year's Eve...I don't even know what I'll be doing New Year's Eve right now - so how could I plan my perfume? I'm a spur of the moment kind of perfume picker most of the time anyway.

I wore Gingerbread Poppet on Christmas Eve and Christmas itself. I have two dates while I'm down here (staying in Florida through New Year's) - to one I'll wear Beaver Moon, for silly fun, and to the other I'll wear Blood Moon, because it is all dangerously dead-sexy like that. :P

Don't know about New Year's.

Jolasveinar for Christmas Eve and Haloa for Christmas Day. Jolasveinar makes me giggle when I think of "pilfered Christmas pastries" - and Haloa (how do you make the circumflex in BB code?) reminds me of marathon holiday baking sessions, feasting and laughing.

That would be Alt+147 (reference: http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html )

Halôa

I didn't get any of my Yule decants in yet, so I wore Gingerbread Poppet to any Christmas parties.

I wore Lick It Again on both Christmas and Christmas Eve. Thanksgiving was Gingerbread Poppet's delicious clove-y goodness. I have no idea what I'll wear on New Year's Eve. Glitter, maybe?

I wore Wolf Moon Christmas Eve, and Shub Christmas day ^.^ They compliment food smells very nicely, I think. I'll be camping New Years, so I'm not sure if I'll be bringing any of the precious...haha, just kidding. I probably will. Maybe I'll wear Lick It Again!

Family get together - Verdandi - the crisp apple worked really well with the occasion and the food.

Xmas - We drove home Xmas day, so it was kind of depressing. Kumiho was nice and bright (for as long as it lasted).

New Year's Eve - probably Parlement of Foules, which is strong enough to be noticed.

Christmas Eve- I wore Lyonesse just because I LOVE it, and it works anytime, anywhere.

Christmas Day- Red Lantern, because it's warm and cozy.

New Year's Eve- I don't have any special plans, but I'll probably wear something refreshing and clarifying, to welcome in the new year. Maybe Holiday Moon.