Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

So I've been thinking about what scent I'd wear for my wedding. Not that a wedding is anywhere on the horizon, but, well, I can't help it! :blush: It's very likely that I haven't yet sniffed what will become my wedding scent (I've only tried about 250 blends), but for now, I'm thinking Unveiled would be nice. Aside from the ridiculously well-fitting name, it's one of the more feminine and pretty blends I own and love - I tend to gravitate towards the muskier, gender-neutral scents. I'm also considering German Expressionist Horror just because my boyfriend and I watched Nosferatu on our first date - and because I think he'd get a kick out of me smelling like casket dust at our wedding. :rofl:

What BPAL blends did you guys wear for your big days?

So I've been thinking about what scent I'd wear for my wedding. Not that a wedding is anywhere on the horizon, but, well, I can't help it! :blush: It's very likely that I haven't yet sniffed what will become my wedding scent (I've only tried about 250 blends), but for now, I'm thinking Unveiled would be nice. Aside from the ridiculously well-fitting name, it's one of the more feminine and pretty blends I own and love - I tend to gravitate towards the muskier, gender-neutral scents. I'm also considering German Expressionist Horror just because my boyfriend and I watched Nosferatu on our first date - and because I think he'd get a kick out of me smelling like casket dust at our wedding. :rofl:

What BPAL blends did you guys wear for your big days?

I wish I'd known about BPAL in time for my wedding! :) Hmmm, what would I have worn... possibly Heavenly Love & Earthly Love, both for liking the scent and for name appropriateness. Although that one didn't even exist yet when I got married, so that wouldn't have worked very well! :lol:

We had an autumnal-themed wedding, so this one wouldn't have worked for me, but I think Her Voice would be nice note-wise for a spring/summer wedding... although the source poem is kind of iffy on the whole "happily ever after" thing, unfortunately!

Oh, I know -- I should've worn Brides of Dracula!!! Heh.

I would wear Red Lace on my wedding day, I think. To me, it's elegant and sweet and sexy all rolled into one, which is exactly what I would like to feel like then. :wub2:

I'm not sure I could stop myself from wearing Nymphia if Ow1goddess and I decided to go up to D.C. and make it legal (at least in some states!). Ow1goddess and I are both classicists, and the name is just too perfect to pass up. :lol:

I'm not sure I could stop myself from wearing Nymphia if Ow1goddess and I decided to go up to D.C. and make it legal (at least in some states!). Ow1goddess and I are both classicists, and the name is just too perfect to pass up. :lol:

That *would* be perfect, and totally awesome. :)

Anybody besides me wearing Litha today, in honor of the solstice?

That *would* be perfect, and totally awesome. :)

Anybody besides me wearing Litha today, in honor of the solstice?

Yes, I am wearing Litha today and loving it!!!

I wish Litha '09 hadn't broken my heart or I'd be wearing her today! However, I will be wearing St. John's Eve on Thursday :lol:

Thank you all for the reminder! I dearly love Litha '06 and definitely should slather some on today. :D

I can't decide what to wear for the Wheel of Fortune final auditions on Thursday. I don't have any TALs at all, or I'd have thought to wear some confidence and luck blends. I may just wear something uber soothing, like Lilith Victoria or The Lights of Men's Lives, as doing stuff in front of people can make me nervous.

I wish Litha '09 hadn't broken my heart or I'd be wearing her today! However, I will be wearing St. John's Eve on Thursday :lol:

Thanks for the reminder! I'd never even tried my poor little decant of St. John's Eve out before, but I'm wearing it today. I loooooove being calendrically appropriate... :D

I had a recital yesterday and wore Christine and Erik layered (one on each wrist and then smooshed together). <3 (I also wore Possets' Queen of the Night in my hair, shh!)

I had a recital yesterday and wore Christine and Erik layered (one on each wrist and then smooshed together). <3 (I also wore Possets' Queen of the Night in my hair, shh!)

You are officially awesome. I assume you sing, from the various implications of the scents? What did you sing on your recital? (Please tell me you sang ,,Der Hölle Rache"... that would make my day.)

For my Canada Day party I am wearing Snake Oil layered with Red Rose aka the "Pierre Trdueau.'

For my Canada Day party I am wearing Snake Oil layered with Red Rose aka the "Pierre Trdueau.'

oh that sounds like it would be amazing! I can't believe we dont have a SO/Rose scent!

I consider the midnight show of the last Harry Potter movie to be a special occasion, and I am wearing Severin. Severin just sounds so much like Severus, and Snape is my favorite character. :wub2:

I consider the midnight show of the last Harry Potter movie to be a special occasion, and I am wearing Severin. Severin just sounds so much like Severus, and Snape is my favorite character. :wub2:

I'm going to a 3 o'clock showing this afternoon and I'm trying to figure out what to wear. I don't have any Severin or I'd be slathered in it (Snap love here too!), but I do have Bewitched, Incantation and Hexannacht. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Definitely a special occasion, and Severin is a great choice! Snape is my favorite, too. I went with Winter of Our Discontent, which is my fave Snape scent. There's just something dark and billowing and mysterious about it. ;)

I wore Second of Three Spirits to the midnight showing of HPPart2 - it has always reminded me of Hogwart's Christmas feast.