Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

For Valentine's Day I'll be wearing War since that's my boyfriend's favorite... I was going to go with Glowing Vulva since it's my "special occasion" scent because I LOVE it and don't have very much, (and I mean, Valentine's Day, Glowing Vulva... it just seems to fit) but then I asked my BF what he's want me to wear and he said War with almost no deliberation.

so I guess War it is... lol

I wore Havana for Valentine's Day since we both love it.

I'm going to a wedding next month and I'm already trying to decide which Bpal to wear. At this rate I'll have to take the whole collection with me and I'll still be deciding at the jetty! I keep swithering between Snake Oil, Snake Charmer, Scherezade, Havana, Bordello, Hunter Moon, and Temple Viper. Today Snake Charmer is winning. Yesterday it was Havana.

(Yes, I know it's still 5 weeks away, but this is IMPORTANT! :lol:)

I'm going to a wedding next month and I'm already trying to decide which Bpal to wear.

I always wear Bon Vivant to weddings. Strawberries + champagne for the celebration of lurve!!

I don't know what I'm wearing today for V-Day. Maybe something floral?

I had *planned* on wearing Snake Charmer today, but since we are all so sick (poor dh has it now too) and can't smell anything, I'll probably just use some OOF to help with my head.

Nothing says romance like menthol, dirty tissues, sick kids, hacking up lungs, and fevers. :lol:

Wound up wearing Love Me because it jumped out at me in the box this morning. Whenever someone asks me what I'm wearing when I have this on I always verbally punctuate and say, "Love, Me" like I'm ending a letter or something. Saying it "Love Me" always makes me feel like Sally Field.

We're having a low-key, kid-friendly Valentine's today, so it's Valentine of Rome, my cozy-cuppa-tea scent... Once we do plan a night for just the two of us, it'll likely be Chrysanthemum Moon - one of J's favorites on me, usually guaranteed to prompt a little neck-nibbling... :blush:

I had my husband go through all my bottles to pick a Valentine themed one for tonight and he chose Hony Mone, something I never would. Lovers in a Ricefield was a close second.

I'm going to a wedding next month and I'm already trying to decide which Bpal to wear.

I always wear Bon Vivant to weddings. Strawberries + champagne for the celebration of lurve!!

Bon Vivant is something I will definitely not be wearing as I found it way too sweet and pink for me. Pity, because it would be ideal. Hmmm.. maybe Blood Countess....

I'm going to a 1940s-themed "hangar dance" at a local aviation museum, and I think I'm going to wear Jacob's Ladder '08. Out of the blends I have, this one seems the most fitting to me--its classic feel should go well with the vintage '40s suit (which belonged to my grandmother) I'm wearing for the occasion.

WOW! That sounds really neat - And to wear your grandmother's suit - How awesome!

It was a blast! My husband is a Naval Aviator and I volunteer with the Civil Air Patrol as flightcrew for search and rescue operations, so I can't imagine a more appropriate way for us to spend Valentine's Day than dancing to big band music surrounded by gorgeously restored (most in flying condition, as evidenced by a breathtaking P-51D flight demonstration earlier that afternoon) World War II-era airplanes. Jacob's Ladder 2008 evoked just the right mood for me--I felt classic and classy without crossing the line into "old lady perfume."

I'm going to a 1940s-themed "hangar dance" at a local aviation museum, and I think I'm going to wear Jacob's Ladder '08. Out of the blends I have, this one seems the most fitting to me--its classic feel should go well with the vintage '40s suit (which belonged to my grandmother) I'm wearing for the occasion.

WOW! That sounds really neat - And to wear your grandmother's suit - How awesome!

It was a blast! My husband is a Naval Aviator and I volunteer with the Civil Air Patrol as flightcrew for search and rescue operations, so I can't imagine a more appropriate way for us to spend Valentine's Day than dancing to big band music surrounded by gorgeously restored (most in flying condition, as evidenced by a breathtaking P-51D flight demonstration earlier that afternoon) World War II-era airplanes. Jacob's Ladder 2008 evoked just the right mood for me--I felt classic and classy without crossing the line into "old lady perfume."

:eek: That is SO AWESOME, Nali! There was a Gilmore Girls episode like that once, and I remember thinking how awesome it would be to do that. I'm a musician, so I think the music would be the hit of the night for me for sure, but I love era-themed parties---my best friend's dance company hosted a Gatsby-era gala a few years ago and it was probably the most fun party I've ever been to. I'm totally jealous of you!

Back on topic, I wore Snake Charmer layered with lashings of Snake Oil. The boy loved it.

I wore Parlement of Foules for the morning, and then because Saturday was the day I handed in my senior paper, I wore scholarly Dee to the celebration.

Edited by teadragon

The closest I could find was Maenad..

In my new Brides locket, I'm using a sample of "Spring Harvest" from the Burren Perfumery in Ireland.

I wore White Rose for St. Paddy's today, as it felt appropriately Irish enough. Plus, it smells really similar to Selkie on me, and I was sad at not being able to wear Selkie today until I realized that!

St. Paddy's Day scent -- what else but Singing Moon, which has aged into something absolutely beautiful.

Edited because I can't type.

Edited by Malista

I wore Selkie to bed last night, and Dublin all day today. Friday I'll wear Ostara, of course, and Easter will be Enraged Bunny Musk! :lol:

I decided on Gossamer for my wedding day!!!!

Hey, I didn't know you were getting married too! Congratulations! When are you getting married? Gossamer will be lovely. :D

I'm getting married October 17th and shall be wearing Blue Moon '04 (it is so gorgeous and just magical).

Edited by ObsidianSwirl71

Gay Pride is coming up, and I'm trying to decide what to wear again. I was thinking about Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener, which is funny because I looked up this discussion and found that I thought about it last year too. I forget what I ended up wearing last year, though.

The Gay Pride festivities are next weekend, and I'm already thinking about what to wear. It will be hot, sticky, and sweaty, and possibly raining. So that probably eliminates anything light or ethereal as it would be just sweated off in a short time.

Midnight On The Midway....this would be good because it's so strong on my skin. Would stand out in a crowd, for sure....also it reminds me of suntan oil that I used to love, so on a sunny/hot day it would be great.

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener......even though this is on the lighter side, it's quirky and unusual, and I know I wouldn't smell like anyone else! : )

Ile De La Tortue....to me this is a humid and sultry floral scent, with none of the bad things that florals can do (no soap, no powder).

Scarecrow.....I wore this again recently. I had an imp a long time ago, but swapped it away. Something about the scent just stuck in my head and I bought another imp, and I'm glad I did. It's still slightly odd if I sniff up close, but the throw is amazing and unusual. Definitely the scent of a hot, dry day. This might be more of an August scent than June, but still it's good.

Death Adder.....or maybe Snake Oil.....something from that family, might fit the mood.

I think I'll put on Midnight On The Midway and see how I feel about it on a hot summer day. I haven't worn it much lately.

I love to wear the Yules around Christmas time because they are so evocative of the season! Giant Vulva is definitely one of my go-to scents for *ahem* those kinds of special occasions, plus it always gets a laugh out of anyone involved in the sniffing. I also recently wore Dog Days of Summer to see a baseball game as it seemed very appropriate. It also reminds me of going on safari as I wore in in January when I was last in Africa and it was the rainy season, so the savanna and high veldt were very grassy.

Ended up wearing Blade Of Grass on Saturday, and Demeter's Firefly on Sunday. I was in the mood for light scents, not perfumey or too cologney. : ) Although they both do end up being somewhat cologney, IMO.

Gay Pride is coming up, and I'm trying to decide what to wear again. I was thinking about Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener, which is funny because I looked up this discussion and found that I thought about it last year too. I forget what I ended up wearing last year, though.

So who's wearing Labores Solis today in honor of the eclipse? I am! I love it when I can pull out exactly the right BPAL for a particular day/occasion.