Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

My original instinct was Stardust too, but I do really like the idea of wearing something appropriate at midnight to get me off to a good start for the year... so I may dig out my bottle of White Light for a clean, calm dose of kicking-out-the-old-crap.

For christmas, I wore Midwinters Eve (2007), as it's one of my favourite holiday scents.

New Years Eve, I wore Ho Ho Ho as I was generously gifted with a decant of it this week (quite unexpectedly!), and it smelt soo wonderful - it seemed perfect to wear to bring in the new year :P

For Christmas I wore El Dia de Reyes, and Gingerbread Poppet later. I am a huge foodie :P

Last night I wore Resurrected Snake Charmer, for a very sexy and exotic new year! :D

I wore Dorian to a New Years party last night. It's my new favorite scent, and I figured it would bring me luck going into the new year. Sure enough, I got laid, had a wonderful time, and became increasingly optimistic that this year will bring only good things.

I didn't actually put forethought into a scent for the Inauguration, but I had Illustrated Woman in my purse today, so that's what I'm wearing. Thank G-d it seems to work even when I'm on my Lady Times!

I wore Tabella too. :biggrin:

And then the mail came with my BPAL order and now I'm wearing: everything.

I wore O, due to the non-jinxing properties of the name (Snake Oil? Grandmother of Ghosts? Certainly not). Surprisingly, the last time I tried O, it was sickly sweet. Several years of aging have transformed it into an incredible scent.

What are you going to wear for Valentine's Day?

It will be my b-day, so I'm trying to make a good choice. My guy isn't really into the resin-y goodness that I love, or the sweet honey-scents that make me feel sexy, so my plan is to compromise. I'm testing out some of the florals that I have on hand, and hopefully will come up with one by Saturday...

I'm going to a 1940s-themed "hangar dance" at a local aviation museum, and I think I'm going to wear Jacob's Ladder '08. Out of the blends I have, this one seems the most fitting to me--its classic feel should go well with the vintage '40s suit (which belonged to my grandmother) I'm wearing for the occasion.

Am I the only person planning to wear a special smelly for President's Day? I missed all the Election Day scents so I'm whipping out, with just a hint of irony, The Great Sword of War. :D

I'm going to a 1940s-themed "hangar dance" at a local aviation museum, and I think I'm going to wear Jacob's Ladder '08. Out of the blends I have, this one seems the most fitting to me--its classic feel should go well with the vintage '40s suit (which belonged to my grandmother) I'm wearing for the occasion.

WOW! That sounds really neat - And to wear your grandmother's suit - How awesome!

I forgot it was Valentine's Day (I got a long, pitying look yesterday when I asked him if he was going to be around on Saturday) but I'll probably wear Lunar Eclipse because it's one of his favourites. Unless, of course, Canada Post is especially speedy with the Snake Charmer click 'n ship I just received.

I'm making a big deal out of Valentine's Day this year. I wrote my husband a poem and hand printed it inside a heart shaped card that I made a bunch of smooch imprints with different colored lipstick on the front. I've got a decadent meal planned, too. I'm going to wear Dia because it's soft and romantic and I really think my husband will like it. I'm really excited. :blush:

I usually don't celebrate Valentine's Day but I almost-sort-of am this year. My boyfriend's favorite scent on me is actually Thanatopsis (:lol:) but I think I'll wear Bakeneko in the morning and Loviatar in the evening, since he's also complimented me on both of those and they feel slightly more appropriate than a "meditation upon death".

Edit: Aw, yay, he actually requested Penny Dreadful! (Not by name, by description. It amuses me to know that he actually remembers and likes my different smellies!)

Edited by tajana

I can't decide. I might go with Candy Phoenix 'cause it's a sweet, celebration-type scent. Parlement of Foules is possible, but though it's a Lupercalia, this is really almost more of a two-season scent for me. Or... I could go with something orangey, 'cause I'm making him orange chocolate truffles. :)

I get to pick two, though -- V-Day is Saturday, but I have to work, so we're celebrating Sunday.

I'm going to wear my green-label 13 tomorrow, and then probably either Parlement of Foules or Snake Charmer on the 14th. I'm turning in a big essay on that day, so I may wear something aquatic (paper's on Moby Dick).

I'm gonna slather assorted 13s tomorrow, and will probably wear Passionate Shepherd in the morning of Valentine's Day, and maybe Smut at night. Not terribly original, but hopefully lucky. ;)

Funny, I hadn't even thought of wearing 13 tomorrow, but now I will.

For Valentine's Day I'll probably end up wearing Lovers in a Ricefield.

though agape would probably be the most fitting scent for the kind of valentine's day i'll be spending, i don't have that one yet...

i am doing a 2-parter. katrina van tassel today (i am my own roses and candy), eustephanos tomorrow (just in case!!).

Dork-tastic reasoning ahead!

I always get unreasonably excited about Friday the 13th (three in 2009? yes!!), and this month it's especially awesome because TOMORROW is February 14th, Valentine's Day. :twisted:

I have to wear a school uniform on most days (not that bad, I guess), but since tomorrow is February 14th, students get free dress today (as long as 50% of the outfit is red or pink). I wore red and black today and wanted to smell kind of festive...

... only, Smut is kind of too explicit...

... so I went for something a little safer for the day: Spawn of the She-Demon! I thought of it as a fusion between horror/freaky (13th) and Smutty (the 14th), and... and the red and black musks match my clothes. :blush: *hides*

I may go for unadulterated Smut tomorrow, though!