Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

I wore Sticky Pillowcase, but it doesn't stay on me for very long. I originally wanted to wear Zombi, but chickened out. That one I've never worn in public, only at home when I can huff away in private!

I'm an inspector (the person "in charge" at a polling location) for two precincts or the election. I'm trying to figure out what scent I should wear in the morning.

I want something that won't overwhelm the tons of people coming in, be friendly to the tons of noses that'll be in my proximity, and be somewhat "soothing".

I'm thinking one of my favorites that's sweet and friendly, like Tokyo Stomp, or Snake Oil would be good.

Other ideas? I'd love suggestions to here waiting for me when I wake up in just a few (too few!) short hours. 4.5 hours from now, alarm goes off!

I'm also interested in hearing what others are wearing on Election Day, whether related to voting or not. What scent inspires you for change? :P I'm also interested in whether any other BPALers are involved in the elections as a poll worker.

I think I've calmed enough to go to bed now. Sleep time!

Dorian!

It's my favourite anytime scent, not to mention it's mellow and non-offensive enough for pretty much any situation. And personally, I find the scent soothing, which might come in handy when dealing with a potentially stressful day.

I hadn't given much thought to what I'll wear tomorrow yet, I got my ballot by mail and just need to pop in and drop it off.

Edited by Dianora

I'm thinking I'll probably wear Snake Oil, maybe a bit of Water of Notre Dame dabbed on top of my hands.

I'm totally looking to be comforted.

If you're an Obama supporter, the obvious choice would be Hope. :P That's what I wore today - I got the idea from Portalkat in the Election Discussion Thread over in the Politics forum.

I'm in Australia, so I'll be watching the results come in tomorrow morning. I know I'll be incredibly tense, so I'll have to wear something positive and calming - maybe No. 93 Engine, which smells like being surrounded in golden light. I was also considering Hod, from the Sephiroth, another beautiful, peaceful scent.

That's so cool that you're working at the polls, cortney! I envy anyone who gets to play a small part in this historic election. I voted for the first time ever this year, which I'm pretty thrilled about, but I'd love to be volunteering right now if only I were in North America.

Elegba. The description says 'crossroads,' YES/NO?

Only, I kind of spilled it a bit and slathered on the spilled bit, so as not to waste. Um...now I'm sitting at work in a big cloud of boozieness.

Oopsies.

I knew I wouldn't be the only thinking about election day bpal! I meant to put on Harvest Moon 06 because its such a lovely red apple scent (to me)...so kind of apple pie-y and patriotic. But I accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle out of my box and didn't realize it until after I had started slathering. So now I smell like Snake Oil, which is never a bad thing.

Also, for the first time ever, I'm decked out a bit patriotically, with a red turtleneck sweater, dark navy denim pencil skirt, navy tights and red patent leather slingbacks. And a necklace that consists of strands of white abalone shells and white beads. And of course my fancy red, white and blue voting sticker to tie it all together. I'm such a dork!

At least I didn't layer Rose Red, Antique Lace/Snow White, and Danube together, though the thought crossed my mind this a.m. for a split second...

I tried to be a poll worker, but then I found out I had just moved away from one of two counties in my state that still do in-person voting (I registered as permanent absentee about a decade ago, so I didn't have a clue that anything had changed since nothing changed for me). Aside from those two counties, it's all mail-in. But I'm headed to my brother's house to watch the returns this evening with him, his wife, and their kids (I needed to not be alone, but I'm not up to an election watch gathering at one of the many pubs, bars, or theatres having parties tonight since I know pretty much *no one* except my family in this area). I was trying to decide between the Dodo and the Caterpillar for reasons I posted about in the Bad Associations thread, and I think I've decided on the Caterpillar (and I had to go with something from Mad Tea Party because, to make a long story short, I feel it's the most appropriate category).

i wore Smut on Halloween because i was sort of a sexy faery and we were at a big punky show, so it seemed pretty perfect. i tone it down for the family oriented holidays: i'll prolly wear something pretty and unusual but not over the top for Thanksgiving, like Tarot:Star or one of the Pumpkins from the Patch this year. for x-mas i'll wear one of the sugar cookies! :D for my birthday (five days after x-mas. sigh.) i'll go whole hog cause it's MY DAY, dammit! so i'll wear one of my favorites- Snake Oil, Crumpet Rebellion or Dragon's Milk, depending on my exact mood. and for new years? i'm thinking Red Lantern or Sugar Moon :P

New Year's Eve!

I want to wear something deep, maybe smokey, classy, 'grown-up', and sexy. In the running are On Darkness, Great Cry In Egypt, and Chrysanthemum Moon. Possibly Philosopher In Meditation or one of the classic old-school blends like the old Hunter Moon or Blood Moon. I can't decide, and it will probably come down to what mood I'm in as I'm getting ready. I might flip at the last minute and reach for something more aggressively spicy like Hellhound On My Trail.

More possibilities.......Chintimani-Dhupa, Premature Burial, Pumpkin King (why not, right?), High Priest Not To Be Described, Devil's Night, Dr. John Seward.

edit: Forgot to mention, I'll be going to a smaller local club, kind of a straight-friendly gay dance bar down the street from my apt. I'll be sort of dressing up, but in thrift store clothes in non-traditional colors, and a sports-coat, but no tie. Comfort will be more important than dressing to impress, but that's the usual for me.

Edited by Forspecial Plate

I wore Fruitcake for Christmas. For NYE I think I'm going with Ether. The mad scientist idea is sorta remenisent of the NY. You don't know exactly how your New Year is going to turn out, but, you can't wait to find out :P

I actually wore the Reindeer for Christmas. I normally don't care for foody scents but Christmas was perfect for that one so I wore it. For New years I am considering wearing Gaiman's Orange. I adore the stuff and don't have a lot of it but New Years is special so that scent will help me feel special as well:)

For Christmas I wore my '05 Gingerbread Poppet (which is delightfully sweet and smells EXACTLY like what my grandmother makes).

For NYE, a light application of Mme. Moriarty or Temple Viper, which are interchangeable as signature scents for me. Manthing and I are staying in, and I want to smell like ME. Or possibly Beaver'versary, as Manthing has something of a sweet tooth, and I think would be intrigued by me smelling like cupcakes.

For Christmas I wore Inez. It as a Christmas gift; Morocco is my signature scent and Inez turned out to be exactly what I was looking for: Morocco but deeper, richer, and winter friendly. Plus, it has a nice carnation spice that well suits the holiday, and it lasted all day long. All in all, it was perfect.

I don't celebrate New Years, so I'll probably just have any other night in with the boywhich means Penny Dreadful, his personal favorite.

For New Year's Eve, I'm going to a party with the theme of "the inmates are running the asylum" and I'll be dressed as a sexy doctor/scientist. I'm thinking Thunder Moon or something else with a lot of ozone.

Through out the Christmas season I kept wanting to slather on Lick It Like You Mean It. But I had swapped away my decant because I planned on buying a bottle but I haven't yet. For New Years I plan on slathering on Swank, even though there probably won't be any alcohol and its just a family celebration.

I'm so annoyed! I was thinking Ghûlheim might be great for NYE, and I wanted to try it again today, but I can't find my decant anywhere! I searched for over an hour, and there aren't that many places it could be. Somehow I think my cats are behind it. :P

Although, to be fair, I spent a couple hours the other day re-organizing all of my imps/decants, so it could also be my own stupidity.

I wore Ho Ho Ho for Christmas Eve (and I swear you could still smell it on me when I woke up on Christmas Day) and for the weekend afterward I kept wearing Lick It Like You Mean It. My mom loved Ho Ho Ho (I've noticed she responds positively to scents with fruit in them) but my friend who I hung out with over the weekend wouldn't give me back my wrist while I was hearing LILYMI (also, cats were suddenly nuzzling non-stop!) :P

no idea for NYE yet :D

I wore Gingerbread Poppet for Christmas, and Jolasveinar for Christmas Eve. I'm not sure what I'll wear for New Years - if I go out I'd probably wear Snake Charmer or Mme. Moriarty. If I stay in, which is looking likely, I might just test Yules to see which ones I need to order!

Edited by AmyAngel