Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

Beaver Moon (I figure it's appropriate :D).

Bahaahaha, indeed!

On the Szepasszony, feel free to disregard me because I am Canadian and have a warped perception of what equals "hot" and "cold" but Szepasszony doesn't feel exceptionally cold to me. It's more of a warm spring garden rain than something cold. From the GC, I'd say the coldest scent is probably Ultraviolet, all it's not particularly fall-y. If you're willing to get a bottle/hunt for a decant, I'd rec Cloister Graveyard in the Snow or The Death of the Gravedigger from the Salon.

Pfft, Canadians! What do they know about cold? :P

I've got both on order with a circle I'm in, so that's fantastic to hear! Ultraviolet, sadly, didn't work on me - I also tried Kumari Kundam, which was nice and seemed to fit fairly well, but I kind of want to compare it to something. Plus I like 'snow' smells. :D Thank you for the header, it's good to hear my instincts are working.

I :P wearing appropriate scents for the holidays, but am stumped regarding what to wear for the U.S. 4th of July! Red Phoenix, maybe? :D Layer it with White Phoenix and Blue Moon? :D Any better suggestions?

I :P wearing appropriate scents for the holidays, but am stumped regarding what to wear for the U.S. 4th of July! Red Phoenix, maybe? :D Layer it with White Phoenix and Blue Moon? :D Any better suggestions?

I'm surprised the Lab hasn't come up with a blend for the Fourth yet. Maybe someone should suggest it to them?

I think I'll probably wear Roadhouse-- dandelions and beer. That sums up a certain portion of America, at least!

If you're into a red/white/blue theme, why not combine components? Something with red fruit, white florals, blue fruit? Nothing, um, springs to mind with those characteristics, but... you see where I'm going with this!

Mmm. Hex at a barbeque. I'm so into that idea.

Edited by coldandsleepy

4th of July scent?

Agnes Nutter, for the fireworks, of course! :P

My annual summer party is this Saturday. We always have a big bonfire...I think Agnes would go quite well. Thanks for the suggestion!

4th of July: Midway/Midway Resurrected (I still have most of my bottle of the original, as I haven't tended to wear it often). It's not exact, because it doesn't smell of hot dogs and hamburgers and bar-b-que sauce (thank heaven! :P ), but it's still, to my nose, appropriate to the spirit of the holiday as celebrated by many of us in the States, and sort of ushers in the season of county and state fairs, too. If I had Agnes Nutter I would prolly layer some for the fireworks.

Something with strawberries would work, too, thinking along the lines of seasonal celebrations -- strawberry shortcake shows up on most picnic and pot luck tables this time of year. I don't know what BPALs that would be, although Bloody Mary has lots of red fruits and some cream, yes? And doesn't one of the DCs smell like strawberries and cream? The Doll Woman? Me and names...

Canada Day: I guess it depends on where in Canada you are. :D If you're on the prairies (my mother's mother's family homesteaded a ranch near Calgary after moving from Halifax), Coyote would work well, seems to me. If you live in the Maritimes or on the west coast, any of the salty aquatics, perhaps; Vinland (discontinued), for sure. :D For the forested areas, try Bewitched layered with Black Forest -- woods plus berries? Any and all of the western-themed winter Lunacies (the most recent Wolf Moon springs to mind). Arkham reminds me very much of the part of the countryside I know in New Brunswick, in early summer.

I think I'll wear Dragon's Hide for July 4th, something smoky.

Anyone else wearing Privilege on July 14th? :P

Today did not have an auspicious start because I spilled Lady of Shalott all over myself, but it had worn off by the time I went to my barbeque. I wore Beaver Moon 07 and it garnered many compliments as well as snickers. And we stood around a Canada Day cake and sang (as much as you can) the (former) Hockey Night in Canada song. Good times were had by all. Thanks, Beaver Moon!

For my 21st I wore Bon Vivant 'cause it's my 'holiday scent'. I struggle to wear it during 'normal days' in case it ruins my holiday memories!!

i felt resplendently summery in Hay Moon for the 4th of july... what olfactory representation of fireworks, old glory, mom, baseball and/or apple pie did you guys go with? (actually was not an especially fun celebration for me, long dumb story, but darn, i did smell delicious.)

Edited by veronicafranco

When I am in Shanghai next week, I will wear Shanghai. While I am in Beijing, I will wear Red Lantern.

Edited by indybear

hee! today i won a wedding dress on ebay, which with some work - but truly not too much, or so i tell myself - i'm going to make into a princess giselle costume for halloween (from enchanted - yes, cheesy. sometimes cheese is brie. and will make my 4-year-old daughter's month if i dress up like that). i've been toying with the idea for a while and waiting to see if the right dress would come along.

the bpal of choice? why, poisoned apple, natch!

hee! today i won a wedding dress on ebay, which with some work - but truly not too much, or so i tell myself - i'm going to make into a princess giselle costume for halloween (from enchanted - yes, cheesy. sometimes cheese is brie. and will make my 4-year-old daughter's month if i dress up like that). i've been toying with the idea for a while and waiting to see if the right dress would come along.

I'm so tempted to pick a beloved BPAL and base a costume around the concept. Currently, top choice is Priala and some sort of phoenix theme.

I'm so tempted to pick a beloved BPAL and base a costume around the concept. Currently, top choice is Priala and some sort of phoenix theme.

This is genius! I've been lacking any inspiration for my Halloween costume, but an outfit based around Crypt Queen? :swoon:

I used bpal as my costume inspiration 2 yrs ago--I did a whole Mad Hatter thing. It was fun, and one of my favorite costume combos so far! You reminded me that I need to start thinking about this year!

are your circles of friends cool enough to get phoenix / crypt queen costumes? that's awesome.

No, they wouldn't get it, but that's yet to stop me in my Halloween shenanigans. :P

I'm really wanting to steampunk out for Hallowe'en and for this purpose, I really need to get at least an imp of Antikythera Mechanism, I think.

Either than or I'm going to be Alice from Alice in Wonderland, in which case -- obviously!

I am trying to decide both what to wear on the first day of school/Halloween, but I'm going to Hershey Park at the end of the week with the fam, so I will be wearing Bliss :P

are your circles of friends cool enough to get phoenix / crypt queen costumes? that's awesome.

Well, one of my friends likes BPAL and let me try her imp of Priala (a test which lead to me purchasing a whole bottle of Priala). Other than that, my friends are pretty geeky and into old things / mythology, so as long as I made clear the whole bird + fire thing, they'd figure out the phoenix theme.

I like the steampunk idea. One of my friends recently got me to watch Steamboy, which finally clued me into the steampunk thing some of my friends have been talking about for a while now. Lots of fun. 'Course, I don't have any of the steampunk scents yet, but there is plenty of time to Halloween.

My office is celebrating Halloween today (too many people taking tomorrow off), so I'm dressed as Morticia Addams and wearing Crypt Queen. :-)