Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

I ended up wearing Doc Buzzard for NYE, just a couple teeny dabs and some in my hair.

For Christmas Eve, I wore Premature Burial, which for me is actually really light and clean, kind of refreshing (especially considering the name and concept behind it!). It reminds me a bit of Demeter's Wet Garden, only better and longer lasting.

These all sound so good!!!! I see my to try list getting much longer!!!!

Being new I only have a few...but I think that'll be changing! :D

I used Snow White '07 for Christmas & Dana O'Shee for NYE :P

I can't remember what I wore Christmas Eve, it was a busy, busy day and I had to work half of it. For Christmas Day, I wore Gingerbread Poppet, although I probably should have slathered more as it apparently wasn't super-noticeable.

For New Years I wore Green Phoenix, because I'd only tested it (and liked it!) and wanted to try it for the whole day.

Let's see. For Christmas Eve (the big family party), I wore Snow White. I know my Mum hates the smell of rose perfume (she thinks I should wear something "younger"), so my other choice - Peacock Queen - was right out. I slathered some Hades on my boyfriend. :D And then we announced our engagement, hee!

Christmas Day, I think I wore Gingerbread Poppet layered with Possets' Gingerbread Whorehouse. Om nom nom gingerbready goodness!

For New Years Eve, I wore Fruit of Paradise. So much love. :P

During the holiday season I tend to gravitate towards wearing Jacob's Ladder; for Christmas Eve I wore L'Artisan's Vanila..which I usually would not do..but I decided to do something a bit different. Mostly for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I love to wear Midnight Mass.

Had I been home or near my BPAL for NYE it would have been Stardust but ultimately it became The Witch Queen; I didn't mind...it does smell really nice. :P

The Gay Pride festivities are next weekend, and I'm already thinking about what to wear. It will be hot, sticky, and sweaty, and possibly raining. So that probably eliminates anything light or ethereal as it would be just sweated off in a short time.

Midnight On The Midway....this would be good because it's so strong on my skin. Would stand out in a crowd, for sure....also it reminds me of suntan oil that I used to love, so on a sunny/hot day it would be great.

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener......even though this is on the lighter side, it's quirky and unusual, and I know I wouldn't smell like anyone else! : )

Ile De La Tortue....to me this is a humid and sultry floral scent, with none of the bad things that florals can do (no soap, no powder).

Scarecrow.....I wore this again recently. I had an imp a long time ago, but swapped it away. Something about the scent just stuck in my head and I bought another imp, and I'm glad I did. It's still slightly odd if I sniff up close, but the throw is amazing and unusual. Definitely the scent of a hot, dry day. This might be more of an August scent than June, but still it's good.

Death Adder.....or maybe Snake Oil.....something from that family, might fit the mood.

I think I'll put on Midnight On The Midway and see how I feel about it on a hot summer day. I haven't worn it much lately.

(snip)

Scarecrow.....I wore this again recently. I had an imp a long time ago, but swapped it away. Something about the scent just stuck in my head and I bought another imp, and I'm glad I did. It's still slightly odd if I sniff up close, but the throw is amazing and unusual. Definitely the scent of a hot, dry day. This might be more of an August scent than June, but still it's good.

(snip)

Not to mention this one's a real Friend of Dorothy. :P

With Father's Day coming up this weekend, I'm going to wear the same scent that used to give my dad fits when he was alive: Underpants.

I wore Arcana to my university convocation. Next big event is a friend's wedding. I'm debating between Veil and Antique Lace.

Every July I wear my imp of the original Midway.

For test days I wear my chaos theory.

At least some point on Halloween I will wear Creepy

F5 is worn for update nights.

I always wear Diary Of A Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal when the funfair is in town, how's that? :P

I think my Christmas scent of choice is probably Bakeneko, closely backed up by my two favourite Yuletides (Jacob's Ladder and Herr Drosselmeyer).

Hallowe'en is, of course, going to be Jack.

I haven't decided what I'm going to wear on my Birthday yet (In a few days 'n' all), but it's probably going to depend on whether or not my new bottles have arrived by then. Currently I'm gunning for one of my favourites - either Shango or Hades.

On Valentine's day, I fully intend to wear either an Engraged Musk or something named after a God or Goddess of chastity. The 14th and I do not get along >.>

I wore Boomslang over my last week at university, and I didn't care how hot it was and how inappropriate the scent was. I needed the comfort and it's my ultimate comfort scent. This, of course, meant I wore it for my private view and now I'm going to forever remember Boomslang as my getting-hammered scent. It's ruined it for everyday use but made it what I turn to for going out. Which I don't mind!

I'm scratching my head at the moment for what to wear to my graduation. I studied Fine Art so I don't want to wear a bookish scent as I only read about 20 (art-related/research) books in my final year and about 5 of them I only skimmed through. I'm thinking a Lovecraft scent as ALL of my work is to do with Lovecraft and I did my dissertation on him. I don't want Cthulhu or Nightgaunt as they are too everyday for me, and, as I said before, Miskatonic is plain OUT because of the bookish vibe. This choosing scents melarky is DIFFICULT for special occasions.

Last Christmas, I was constantly wearing Gingerbread Poppet because I was a n00b and thought I'd found MY scent. Ack. No. This Christmas I'll be mixing it up a bit and seeing what the Christmas update brings.

Heading to the US soon and considering only taking one (ONE!? What am I on?!) bottle with me - Cthulhu. It was my first bottle of BPAL (and 2nd ever sniff) and I received it in the US last year (along with Eshe and Crowley and a houseful of imps) and it epitomises (to me) my life in the US. My dad lives in Lovecraft country and all I do over there is hang about reading or canoeing or river-tubing/running. I only spent about an hour dry over there last year, be it from showers to keep cool as I'm so used to grotty UK, or from rivers/lakes. I think Cthulhu is just PERFECT. Also, a roadtrip to Niagara Falls via the Catskills made Cthulhu memor-ific.

I wore Death on a Pale Horse on my birthday as I was reffing a Stargate LRP game that day. I WAS Death. Character card please.

I didn't actually plan this. I wrapped my Dad's Father's Day gift after applying some Obatala to the backs of my hands. The gift was a tropical shirt, for him to wear on the family's upcoming vacation.

He opened the package and said, "Coconuts? I smell coconuts."

Appropriate, even if it was unplanned.

I'm wearing Robin Goodfellow to celebrate Midsummer.

Is it too early to start thinking about what scent I'll wear for Halloween and a costume to go with it? :P

hah! i was thinking halloween thoughts yesterday, too, whiterose. but i have to admit, i did it backwards (costume first, bpal second)... heh, i'm still learning!

I can't wait for Halloween! I love that time of year! Of course, I am anticipating it more this year because I have BPAL to look forward to!

Edited because of stupid spelling...

Edited by smallpaws

Is it too early to start thinking about what scent I'll wear for Halloween and a costume to go with it? :D

Well, I've been trying to hunt down a scent that's appropriately chilly on me for my ice fairy costume since May . . . :P

Is it too early to start thinking about what scent I'll wear for Halloween and a costume to go with it? :D

Well, I've been trying to hunt down a scent that's appropriately chilly on me for my ice fairy costume since May . . . :P

I haven't tried it yet, but in terms of description Szepasszony sounds pretty good. It sounds all wintry and icy. It's on my list of things to try.

Greensleeves

I haven't tried it yet, but in terms of description Szepasszony sounds pretty good. It sounds all wintry and icy. It's on my list of things to try.

Hehe, mine too. Thank you for the nudge, though, I've been putting it off. *grin*

Hey, for those of us celebrating Canada Day (Greensleeves!), any thoughts for wearables? I may end up going with something to beat the heat like Embalming Fluid, but I'm just outside doing cookouts and setting off fireworks that day. Anyone got anything that might be more Canadia-y? Old Moon could do, with the evergreen going on in those bottles . . .

Hey, for those of us celebrating Canada Day (Greensleeves!), any thoughts for wearables? I may end up going with something to beat the heat like Embalming Fluid, but I'm just outside doing cookouts and setting off fireworks that day. Anyone got anything that might be more Canadia-y? Old Moon could do, with the evergreen going on in those bottles . . .

I'm probably going to be wearing Envy or Villain because those are the most refreshing scents I own out of my tiny six imp collection, being a rank (but fortunately no longer rank-smelling) newbie. :P I have so many imps on their way but none are going to arrive until after the big day, and I can't really think of anything appropriate in anything I ordered anyway. Slobbering Pine, perhaps, would be the closest. I know I would most likely not like anything with maple syrup in it as I prefer to eat my foods instead of wear them.

Although maybe a maple smell with a smoky tobacco note to take it out of the realm of food. Yeah, maybe maple syrup, woodsmoke, pine... and you could call it Coureur Des Bois after the old fur traders? :D

Greensleeves

I got a barbeque to attend so I'm either doing Hexennacht (mainly for the pine note, but also because it's piney and refreshing, not overwhelming) or Beaver Moon (I figure it's appropriate :P). If I had Rose Red I'd wear that in honour of PM Trudeau, who I am very fond of, but then got to thinking about what our current Prime Minister would smell like. If was going for the Harper je ne sais quois it would either be Miskatonic Valley Junior Baseball Association or the Robotic Scarab.

On the Szepasszony, feel free to disregard me because I am Canadian and have a warped perception of what equals "hot" and "cold" but Szepasszony doesn't feel exceptionally cold to me. It's more of a warm spring garden rain than something cold. From the GC, I'd say the coldest scent is probably Ultraviolet, all it's not particularly fall-y. If you're willing to get a bottle/hunt for a decant, I'd rec Cloister Graveyard in the Snow or The Death of the Gravedigger from the Salon.

Edited by paperrose