Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lorencita

Hell's Belle

Sweet, smoky and sensually wicked. A thick, steamy scent, truly sinister in its voluptuous sexuality. The perfume of a demon's favored consort, or of the devil herself. Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

Spicy, spicy and warm. It draws me in. It's very warm, almost like baking. Edited by Shollin
Fixed BPAL tags --Shollin

Ooooh, I really really like this. I think I've found that I really like magnolia, surprisingly.

This is really beautiful. Nothing is overpowering, it's so well blended. I keep sniffing it because each time I catch something else. The spice is there just underneath, balancing everything. It makes me feel beautiful & sexy. I have to get a bottle. :P

Smell alike: ???

Color impression: purple satin and pearls

On me: A very mature scent, I simply cannot imagine a young girl wearing that on an everyday basis! On my skin, it’s just an explosion of luscious white floral wicked by a spicy (and only a tiny tiny bit citrusy) cocktail in the background. It also makes me think of a tamed and less smoky “Opium Poppy”

Wearing: Definitely an evening scent able to make you feel bold. I would also probably wear this one to feel confident on an important day!

Add on: After a while (2h), the fragrance had really become different: sweeter (I get a vanilla note), quietly seductive (hey musk, I know it’s you!), it was in fact a far less scandalous scent. I think I am going to test this one again and again to know if it worth a bottle ^^

it's creamy, spicey, and a bit floral all at once. I may have to try this on my friend who likes florals but can only get Chimera to work on her skin.

This is not what I had expected from reading a few of the reviews, Creamy?? Not my imp.

This is tart, tangy and sharp, and sexy at the same time. This is the scent of a woman in a slinky red dress. It's definately a red scent. It's more fruity on me than floral but there's is defiantely a floral element there, Magnolia??

The wet stage is as I said before, I'm just gonna give it my lunchbreak to review the dry stage.

*saunters off to eat noodles*

*saunters back*

Ok funnily enough, this does not morph on me. The tartness with the floral stays at the same balance the whole time. It just becomes fainter.

So..I would say ovrall, it's not a scent that I'll buy more of. But it's nice to wear a poweful sexy rouge scent today!

In the imp, it is a sharp sweet, dark floral scent.

On skin, it becomes spicy creamy magnolia that gets overwhelming. The sweetness of the scent decreases and the floral note amplify.

Upon drydown, the floral note tones down a little, but it doesn't morph much from the wet stage. While, it is still tolerable at this stage, the wet stage almost made me wash it off.

Wet in imp - Musky, a little fruity lots of spicy floral. Im guessing the floral is magnolia but I haven’t smelled one of those flowers in ages, so I cant compare.

Wet on skin - Very floral, still that spicy floral scent im getting and not much else. So the magnolia is very powerful in this, and the spice is nice, though indistinct.

Drydown - Dries to a spicy floral, I never got any more notes than floral, spice and a hint of musk.

Overall - I’m not keen on the magniolla, so I wont add this to my big bottles list. Its got good throw and wear length.

urrrrhhhh -.-'''''

In bottle: Spice spice spice, a touch of sugar and nothing nice ;). haha

on skin wet: WHOOOO, now here is a womanly fragrence. Smells really classy and refined with a sophisticed edge while absolutely spelling experience and s-e-x! sharp and tangy undernotes. Can imagine this would adore the plundging neckline of a curvy untamable yet seductive and perhaps whily woman. She would have to be worldly, wearing a tightfitting low hanging red dress, blood red nails, evil poppy-crimson grin and all. :0 perhaps the vision would be complete with long wavy hair, dark smouldering eyes and "come-hither" body language. Powerful, commanding, confident. Seems like something that would draw a man looking for a challange in.

Dry:smells the same, heady and intoxicating to the max.

Final thoughts: I'm sure it smells LOVELY on someone but alas it really isn't the scent for me. :( TOO much wary power :P ha ha, end up intoxicating myself.

In the imp, the only word for this was bawdy-- a thick, slightly sweet, definitely sexy scent. A kick of mandarin, and a thickness from the oleander.

On my skin? Perhaps not so much. Wet, I'm pretty sure I smell honey-- or at least, I smell that plastic edge that I get from honey.

As it dries, though, I think that passes, and I get a dusty, sweet smell. Definitely sweet. I wouldn't describe it as magnolia-- I guess there's a faint feeling of it, but I smell magnolia much more prominently in Judith Victorious.

I think it's a more accessible blend than a lot of bpals-- a good one to offer friends who like popular perfumes. I think it may be too sweet for me.

ETA: I take it back-- I think I really like this blend. At least, I've gotten cravings for it twice this week since I first tried it-- since I rarely go back to the same perfume twice in one week, that's rather meaningful. I like it. And that plasticky scent is completely gone.

Edited by PersephonesChild

Yowza!! Sinuous, stilletto heels sexy!! A woman in charge of her sexuality. The magnolia is musky, spicy and very creamy...nothing over the top. The oleander is threatening but tamed. Will savor this imp for a night out with my dreamy spouse...reminds me of the Mitch Ryder tune "Devil with a Blue Dress.."!!!!

I was in a rush when I opened this and sort of spilled it, so what I got was a whole lot more scent than I expected. Very spicy sweet at the beginning.

At a play reading, sipping my red wine, and I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. The magnolia mingled with the spice and musk, and the slight sweetness poked through sometimes. It was warm, spicy, dark, and sexy, and so perfect for me. I need a big bottle of this.

Starts out too cloying-sweet for my tastes, and then something floral develops a presence that I'm just not into. On inspection of the notes, I think the magnolia is the culprit -- I kept smelling something that reminded me of The Grindhouse, and so there's two mysteries solved! Magnolia is evidently not for me.

Imp: Spicy in a way that reminds me of chai.

Wet: Spice and smoke mingling with the magnolia and oleander heavy with pollen, a very lush bouquet.

Dry: The scents mingle more and it seems the spice is just a tiny bite and the smoke is something a tiny bit woody underneath. Very soft and mysterious.

Imp: Dark musk and fruit

Wet: Fruity and floral

Drydown: All the notes are making an appearance and blending well. This is fruity, floral, and musky. I like the floral in this because it isn't overpowering or headache inducing. I wish the musk was stronger.

Overall: This is a nice blend, but it's not wowing me. It's wearable, but I have more than enough blends that I can wear.

In bottle: Ah, oleander and magnolia. This is a lovely and unusual floral blend I do like the spicey edge to the well blended elements. I know my skin chemistry will unbalance it, but in the bottle it is stunning. Wet: flower chewing gum. Good flower chewing gum. Pleasant spiciness. Dry: Tang.

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The mandarin wasn't cloyingly sweet and the florals were heady, but not overpowering. This is by far the most perfume-y blend I have liked. Which is quite unusual, given that my tastes tend towards the non-typical scents. The musk and spice were just beautiful here, adding a dimension to this blend that I think prevents it from smelling commercial. Mysterious, and slightly wicked. I really like this.

It just smells musky when it's in the bottle, but I can smell the awesome components of it once it is on my skin. I notice that when I sniff imps/bottles, I can usually only notice the very dominant note(s), but it opens up once it's on my skin. I love the creamy, slightly spicy, sexiness of this smell!

In the bottle: Love it!! I can smell the mandarin, but underneath that it's warm. For some reason, it makes me think of an old dance hall...

Wet: Ooh, very warm! It's sensual in a darker, alluring way. Everything the name promises.

Dry: I can smell a bit more of the mandarin now...just enough to give the warmness an edge. This is amazing. I'm going to get a bottle of it first chance I get!

It's perfumey and heady on me, but not headache inducing. Just a bit thicker than I really like. I want to like this one, it's sex but not really in my face. Re-test?

Re-test next day: Less heady, more sweet, and almost innocent in its sexiness, batting big blue eyes while wearing a smirk on painted lips. Love!

Edited by Banyangirl

This smells peachy on me :think: which isn't in the notes, but that's turning a bit more floral the longer it sits. Sweet, musky and rich. I'm trying Oblivion on the other arm and they have the musk and spice in common. They're a bit similar, but the floral and fruitiness of this is right there on top compared to the sugary musk sweetness of Oblivion. Good one :)

Oh... wow! To me this smells kind of like Moon Mist ice cream, but with a sexy musky undertone. In time it gets a bit spicier and more floral, but still Moon Misty, which makes me smile. Gorgeous, and really sexy, I didn't think I'd like this so much! :D

Note: this bottle is a couple of years old.

I am not a person who likes florals at all, and I really expected this to be a floral nightmare with musk in the background.

NOT SO.

When first applying, I get a lot of magnolia, and lush is really the only word to describe it. After a few minutes some spice comes to the foreground, and everything is just soooo smooth and well blended. This scent has PRESENCE. I feel like if I walked down the street I would turn heads just because I smell so good.

Someone on another thread - sorry, don't remember who! Said of another oil - that it turned to "YE OLDE GIFT SHOPPE" potpourri. That is Hell's Belle on me. :(

All I kept thinking was - a candle shop? a gift shop? Maybe a fair where they sell candles, crafts, potpourri (lots and lots of potpourri) and baked good and dried flowers all in the same <small> space? :lol: Yep, that was it.

This is a freebie from the lab, and it turns out really nice for me. Got a the nice flowery (I think magnolias) throughout. Sonehow it just makes me feel like pretty mischievious the whole day. At the end of the day, it starts to smell like Bvlgari Pour Femme, which I was quite fond off. But this definitely score higher as it smell more complex or deeper somehow. Going to the 5ml list.