Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lorencita

Hell's Belle

Sweet, smoky and sensually wicked. A thick, steamy scent, truly sinister in its voluptuous sexuality. The perfume of a demon's favored consort, or of the devil herself. Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

This is VERY SEXY!!!! I love how creamy it is. I never knew these scents could be so lush & creamy together! It almost has a coconut scent to it, even though there isnt any. I love this, and I will get a bottle as soon as I can! :P

ETA: this is very deep and rich, the lasting power is pretty good, still going strong after 3 hours. Oh and BTW, perfect amount of spice... just great all the way around! Edited by Shollin

Hell's Belle

I expected to open Hell's Belle and smell citrus. Wrong! Was I saddened by this? Nope. It's impossible to get into Hell's Belle and have any emotion that's not related to joy, bliss, or pure adoration. The mandarin does show up, but more in the way that you can smell it giving a sort of twist to the creamy smell and the spices. The musk in this just jazzes the whole thing up to create a truly sexy, warm, and delightful blend.

And then I mistakenly crossed a little Sugar Skull over the Hell's Belle area and died from bliss overload. Woah.

My big bottle list is going to grow to large and crazy dimensions. I find this pleases me. *adds Hell's Belle to big bottle list* *makes mental note that Beth is genius* *chair dances*

First Impression: Oh, I do love the smell of magnolia!!!

Second Impression: This is the ultimate in magnolia perfumes. I don't get a creamy vibe from this, it's quite spicy actually. I love that the oleander doesn't crowd out the magnolia, not at all. The musk and spices add a nice sexy kick.

Final Analysis: Imagine a southern beauty queen...beauty, brains and a mean streak. She lied, cheated and commited heinous acts of sabotage against her rivals to win Miss Magnolia 2004. This is her perfume and I love it!

Scent Name: Hell's Belle

In the bottle:

Dominant notes: Oleander, Magnolia, Mandarin, Musk, Spice… wait, that's everything! I guess the mandarin and Magnolia are most apparent in the bottle.

Impressions: SWEET MAGNOLIA! No really, I love magnolia. Black Dahlia is another of my favorite scents. This is a lot like Black Dahlia, but more tart and spicy, less floral and more playful and sexy rather than dark and sensual.

Initial On:

Dominant notes: Mandaring and Magnolia, with spices rising.

Impressions: This is hot. Man, it's floral, but the mandarin puts the sweet floral in check with a bit of tart, kind of like Lampades. The spices make this a definate "come hither" scent.

After a while:

Persistent notes: All of those above, though the musk really starts to come out and make this soooo creamy. God, this is delicious.

Notes that fade: None

Staying power? Very good. This becomes progressively more creamy and spicy, and while it fades a little, it loses none of the original notes.

Summary: Egads, this is sexsay. The creamy musk and spices make it volumptuous and sexy, the magnolia makes it lush (the *perfect* word for magnolias), the oleander gives it a flowery grace and the mandarin adds a bit of unexpected tart playfulness. Wow. BIG BOTTLE.

this was nice, and smelled like a deep floral mixed with a sweet brown sugary smell. I liked it alot at first, but it faded into something a little bit soapy, or maybe candley on me. A nice blend, but it didn't really steal my heart away from all the other wonderful blends.

Wow. Carmelized magnolia, so nummy.

I also get a hint of coconut, as Lorencita mentions above. The mandarin and spices are more noticeable after an hour of wearing, making the magnolia sumptuous, velvety, tangy, and sexy.

This reminds me of (Old) New Orleans a bit, but Helle’s Belle is much better with my chemistry. Another scent that would be perfect for going out on summer nights.

Something about this blend makes me want a cocktail!

As I put this on, the words "liquid lollipop" sprang into my head. This is a very sweet fragrance, but it's not especially fruity to me. It's kind of a white, refined sugar with a bit of spice and goopy sticky syrup. That is a good thing. It reminds me of Hollywood Babylon, not in so much fragrance but more in spirit, because of the sweetness.

It continues to be sweet and absolutely yummy. Another scent I highly recommend. I'm looking forward to getting a big bottle once the holidays blow over.

-doreen

Hell's Belle

Sweet, creamy and ever so slightly spicy.

I like this, it's soft and lovely. I don't think I'll order a bottle, but I'll certainly use up the imp. :P

There is a lovely sweetness to Hell’s Belle, but there is also something quite dark and earthy in there - my nose wants to say myrrh (if it could speak!), but I think it might be the dark musk, which doesn’t sit well with me. It’s a very naughty scent, makes me think of utter wickedness and debauchery with an angelic face to distract you.

In the drydown, I get the sweet creaminess but that underlying earthiness keeps seeping through. Not a keeper for me.

I'm usually not at all a floral person, but this smelled lovely in the bottle, so I swapped for it with Caitfish.

Very rich and creamy, lush wet flowers. I think the musk and spice add to their depth, and it's just a really beautiful blend.

However, wearing it, I'm reminded why I shy away from florals...

At first, all I get is coppertone suntan oil. Lots and lots of greasy coconut.

Then *poof*, it's gone.

Maybe as a room scent...but more likely, it'll end up in the swap pile.

Edited by phaedrine

On first application this is quite traditional-perfume-y, which is usually not my thing. And yet, it's still *gorgeous*! The florals manage not to annoy me, I think because of the hint of mandarin, and the deep spicy base notes make it rich and heady, yet it's also quite creamy.

Unfortunately however, the mandarin and florals drop out of the mix rather quickly, leaving just the base notes, which aren't unpleasant by any means but just can't compare with the preceeding glory. I will have to try this one a few more times, but I suspect I am going to keep on feeling disappointed every time it changes like this.

Rich and creamy and luscious. I just might be in love.

Unfortunately, it was very cold this morning when I put it on, s I haven't yet experienced its full beginning, but It smells like real magnolia. I'm floored. And the mandarin is very subtle. The musk and spice are balanced *perfectly* with the magnolia.

This is sexy smell that's not too sexy for the office. A total day-to-evening scent.

Purr. this is *so* a future 5mL.

Rather sexy this one is. Hell’s Belle is a warm and inviting, spicy sweet, slightly floral incense on me. I don’t think I could pick a note in it without knowing them, but while it’s wet, it’s extremely lush and I think I can smell a hint of mandarin and magnolia, but for some reason, it comes out more as strawberry on me. Not a fruity or candy-like strawberry mind, more a piquant, fully grown up strawberry wearing suspenders and burning incense. It has around it though, a rounded creaminess from the oleander and the magnolia. I’m only getting a hint of the magnolia, it seems to be crushed a little by what I’m guessing is the oleander - I can’t be sure though, because I’ve not smelt oleander before. As it dries down, I start to get a sense of a light, airy jasmine (although it’s not mentioned in the notes) mixed in with the other florals, and finally it moves into a sweet floral musky powderiness. Lasting power is very good at about 4 – 5 hours. I really like this one, though I'm not sure if it's full bottle worthy for me yet.

PS: I have to be careful with Hell's Belle. Too much and it’s really sweet; so sweet that it clutches at my throat and starts to throttle me, giving me a minor headache. Just a dab for me in future!

First sniff: Mmmmm. Plummy-fruity, bright and cheerful.

Wearing: Oh, hey, wow. Hell’s Belle hits my skin and goes RED and dark and sensuous. After a minute or so the flowers start to show up – huge lush magnolia, bright white and sweet. I was worried that it would get too flowery, but it stays sweet and liquid and gorgeous.

This starts out absolutely beautiful, and completely different from most of my other BPAL's. I don't even have the words to describe it - okay, I'll try, but I don't really have anything specific - just impressions. It's sensuous, that's probably the best word for it, definitely sexy, rich, deep - this is the perfume of a woman who is at ease in spikey heels, snug skirts and clingy tops - all made by exclusive designers.

Unfortunately for me, about a half hour in the dreaded baby powder curse comes in and knocks me out - I'm guessing it's the musk. I'll try it again to see if maybe it was just bad timing on my part.

Oh, yikes! I put this on this morning. It was a freebie from the Lab. I should have read about the oleander first, because I'm allergic to oleander. Oooh, that's why I'm itchy.

However, no hives, and I think they would have shown up by now. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

The smell is gooood though. It's kind of deep and lightly incense'ish. It does have a creaminess though that makes it really delightful. The floral aspect isn't too overwhelming at all, it seems balanced with the creamy note. When I first smelled the imp, I thought "Witch shop", but that isn't how it smells now that I've put it on. It's making me think of a tough, sexy, older woman who knows what she wants.

Creamy magnolia with a hint of incense. Neither note overwhelms the other. This is a very nice blend.

I was excited to get this imp after reading all the great reviews, so after I ripped open the box and dug out my imps, I put on Hell's Belle right away and...

Oh no! I smelled like the inside of a Spencer's Gifts.

But after an hour or so, it lost the "tons of incense mixed" smell and became really lovely and warm.

sharp and tangy in the vial. i can't recognize any notes, but i'm pretty neutral to it.

on my skin, this just blossoms so wonderfully. i'd never expect a floral to smell so. damn. good. i'm afraid i'm going to use up my imp, and i've only had this one since monday.

hell's belle is a creamy floral, that does have a tinge of coconut, strangely enough. it smells very exotic, almost in the same vein as lampades. the base of this is dark, sexy, and deep, and it lightens up almost in layers to a sweet, fruity floral. i'm so in love. someone hold me back.. i'm about to drink this.

Wow, wow, wow! Lovely!

Hell's Belle didn't smell particularly fascinating in the imp but it stole my heart as soon as I applied it.

I love magnolia and I was really disappointed that Black Dahlia was nothing special on me. Hell's Belle, on the other hand... delicious! It starts off all magnolia and a sweet caramelly note that is not unlike that of The Hesperides. The mandarine brings a welcome hint of freshness that cuts through the caramel, imparting a lot of balance to this blend.

As it dries and mellows, the scent gets deeper and a touch sweeter. Or maybe it is just a different sweetness: I agree with Diabolique on the coconut. It now reminds me of a darker Black Pearl. The magnolia fades in the background while the mandarin and spices become more prominent.

The drydown is a wonderful spicy yet creamy scent that is to die for.

I am afraid that my big bottle list suddenly got longer -again! :P

Hmmm...after watching a documentary last night about women that used oleander to poison their husbands, this is exactly what I was looking for *dripping with sarcasm*. Teehee.

In the Bottle: Sweet and spicy, creamy and seductive. *shiver*

On Me: A light floral, magnolias, with a spicy background, maybe a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon.

This is extremely seductive. This is a librarian by day and a stripper by night. This is the perfect scent for the innocent maiden becoming the sexy temptress once the moon comes up. This is Anne Rice's Beauty. This is a gallon bottle as soon as I'm done bathing in the imp.

The name of this oil reminds me of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Anya, the ex-demon who is stood up at the altar in the episode called "Hell's Bells". Anya is the true Hell's Belle, she is funny, sultry, vengeful!

This is also a great tribute to the South, the playful yet dangerous kitten in the form of Jezebel (the Bettie Davis movie) or Scarlett O' Hara. It reminds me of a flirt who is strong enough to be taken seriously.

I love the floral in this, but there is something creamy in it that reminds me of coconut, which puts up my warning flag. I like the fact that it is spicy and it is hard to find a sensual yet sassy exotic floral.

It reminds me a bit of Sacred Whore of Babylon and Night Elf's Morbid Mistress oil. Having those and not a strong love of florals, I will trade my imp to someone who can treat it better than me.

Wow, just -wow-.

In the bottle: It smells sweet, maybe a little smoky...

Wet on my skin: Wow, it's creamy, fruity, and very pretty...

Dry on my skin: Okay, even more Wow... it's Creamy, Plummy, yummy, and very sensual. It pretty much stays like this...

At this point, I feel, for lack of a better description... Like a sex kitten, off her leash! (instead of "Sex kitten on a leash" I feel like one that's been set free!) Able to go for a tumble when I please with no one to yank on my leash...

This scent is very sensual, I feel sexy, I feel like I could do whatever I want, and get away with it...THAT'S how this scent makes me feel. :D I actually, really, want to go for a tumble with someone....anyone...at this point because it suddenly brought out my naughty side and I want to use it! :P

In the vial, all I smelled is floral with a tang I couldn't identify.

On me, it's all magnolia with just a touch of orange. It's not outstanding, but it's definitely going to get another shot.

All in all, this is a slightly different version of Sacred Whore of Babylon for me, but Sacred Whore seems to work a little better with the creamy undertone. Magnolia likes to choke everything else in a blend once it hits my skin.

I got Hells Belle in a swap yesterday, and am ever so grateful! :P

This went on very very sexy floral. Gorgeous. Within minutes it changed to the "caramelized magnolia" one of the other reviewers noted. Oh, even more gorgeous. Feminine and floral, but enough cream, musk and spice to tame it.

This is a slightly creamy, slightly spicy, slightly smoky floral blend. It smells like incense at first which horrified me but luckily that fades. I don't have a clue what magnolia smells like, but there is a particular floral that's dominant in this blend, so i'll assume that's what I'm smelling. This is voluptuous and oh-so-subtly dark. This smells more like a bordello to me than Bordello :P I like it though and I'm glad to have a 5ml.