Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
The Poison Queen

All Hallow's Apple

Fallen apples, grave moss, autumn leaves, and upturned earth.

In the Bottle: Graveyard dirt and cidery apples. MMM!

Wet: Dirt and cidery apples (I mean the non-hard cider variety, a nice clear apple with a hint of spice) with a bit of moss and leaves. I LOVE this. I was so right about thinking I would love this scent and it's AMAZING!

Dry: Appley dirt. I LOVE it. There's a touch of almost osmanthus-like sweetness at the end here, and it's just really perfect!

Verdict: Hoard forever. XD

In the bottle: Apples and graveyard dirt.

Wet: Strong dirt/moss blended with the slightly spicy and very sweet apple.

Drydown: The dirt is all but gone - it's mellow sweet apple with a hint of autumn leaves. Beautiful!

Gorgeous apple. Not candy sweet...real apple like a Honeycrisp apple and dirt. Fresh graveyard/loam with a hint of moss. This stuff is amazing! So glad I bought a bottle. :D

Predominantly apples, nicely balanced with the scent of graveyard dirt. As a fan of foody scents, I've collected my share of cinnamon-spiced baked apple blends, but I really love this clean, crisp, fresh apple note as well. I'm not noticing the lab's "autumn leaves" note; it must be hidden underneath all the apples and dirt. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy a fruit/dirt combination, because a little dirt goes a long way, for me. But All Hallow's Apple smells very autumnal, reminds me of going apple-picking at an orchard. Perfect for the season, and I'm glad I got my hands on a bottle.

Another stellar autumn creation! The apple is freshly sliced,cold,and

crisp. The dirt element is cool and mild. Not as in your

face as Graveyard Dirt. I do love my Graveyard Dirt though!

Total reminiscent of picking apples in a spooky orchard on a chilly fall day.

Imagine a cloudy overcast sky and the moist earth squishing

under your shoes as you take a bite of a juicy apple.

Really nice I may need a bottle even though I went overboard

on the Weenies all ready.

This is amazing!

At first sniff, apples - all the apples, but there is something behind it to cut the sweetness down

On, it still stays strong like crisp apples but the moss/dirt notes warm up on me. I'm not getting too much of the leaves note, and I'm okay with that. The lab's leaves can be a little strong on me.

This really reminds me of going to the orchard and picking my own apples with the family. The muddy ground and apples getting pressed for cider, ugh! For someone who doesn't get that anymore it reminds me of home and good times.

This is truely an awesome scent and I want it in everything, lotion, bath oil, candles, everything. lol I'm get a bottle for sure, and I cannot wait to share this at work!

Apples, and dirt, and moss.

And yes, this smells like a crisp fall morning picking apples in a REAL apple orchard. Muddy ground in your shoes, the smell of apples in the air. The crisp bite of a chilling breeze.

IT'S EFFING MAGICKAL FOLKS.

Bravo Lab. Bravo. This is one hell of a scent, and it packs a direct punch on wet, dropping the sniffer/wearer straight into the scent's apple picking fantasy.

Where you go from there, is up to you.

Off to have adventures. With apples.

In the decant: This is the scent of biting through a skin of a crisp apple while standing on moist soil. The apple is the dominant note. The boy thinks that this is a sour, green apple, but I think that it is a crisp, red and yellow one.

Wet: Apple and dirt. I love apple scents, but I am not too fond of dirt notes, so I am glad that the apple is dominant at the moment. That said, the dirt is definitely present, but I am not actually bothered by it at this point in time. It is lingering in the background and complementing the apple rather well. The apple is more sweet than crisp now, and it is definitely not a green apple.

Dry: A sweet apple (perhaps a Jonagold or a Golden Delicious) that someone has taken a bite out of and tossed on the moist soil of an apple orchard.

Verdict: I love this, and I am going to need several bottles! :wub2:

*edit, several years later* I just wanted to say that this is the scent that made me love dirt notes, and although I do get some fallen leaves on initial application, they are not problematic for me at all.

Edited by dementia_divine

In Bottle: Fresh crisp sliced apples are strongly dominant. Autumn leaves and grave moss blend to make a beautiful bed for the display of the apples, with the earth note in support. This is gorgeous and perfectly autumnal in a sharp but pleasant way. Wet: The apple is gentler and more like fallen apples on the skin, the edges fading right into the moss and leaves, with the damp earth smoothing things together. It is not quite as lovely on my skin as it was in the bottle, though still quite interesting. It is water color rather than the crisp lines in the bottle. Dry: Mostly Autumn Leaves and moss.

This smells exactly like apple picking in the fall. The scent of the apples you are eating mixed with mud and dirt.

The dirt is pretty strong on me, especially while it's wet. I'm also getting something that's not apple or dirt: it seems to be a faintly metallic scent that doesn't work particularly well on my skin. It's a pity since I really like the scent, but it doesn't agree with me. :(

Ok...was hesitant ordering a bottle of this because ALL the notes except the apple one terrified me, but reading the other reviews, I thought, "Why the heck not?"

In the bottle: Yummy apples, and yes...like you are in an orchard picking them and a faint scent of dirt, but in a wonderful way, not dirty hippie, but clean dirt, if that makes sense!! :lol:

On Skin: Very bright apple, with a good throw and yes, that upturned earth smell, but it is very nice! Amazing how Beth does it! It's faint, but there....not sure if I am getting any moss, but that is a good thing. It is just "earthy" enough without it being DIRT!

Drydown: This is a wonderful scent...kind of reminds me of the apple note in Snow, Glass, & Apples, but not as strong. At least on me, SG&A was too much on me. This has good throw, but not 100% sure it is for me...seems the apple notes either fade on me or amp to the point of almost floral.

Verdict: If you like earthy scents and/or SG&A, you will love this!

Loved the beginning, fresh apple, lovely turned dirt...but then the autumn leaves came and blew away all the happy :( it took over everything and crushed the apples, covered the dirt and laughed! The first part was still amazing though, might have to see how it works in a scent locket.

I'm not big on apple scents. They somehow remind me of shampoo in the worst possible way, namely Pert Plus. I thought maybe this one would be different, but no, same shampoo smell, but with added dirt to it. Not my thing, but if you like apple scents, I'd give this one a try.

In the Bottle: Oh Sweet apply dirt! @,@ How I love thee!

Wet on Skin: Dirty, Dirty apples and decayed leaves? Does that sound appealing? Because it is... Very appealing. It reminds me if you spilled hot cider on the ground XD I've wept over a spilled cider! Vader NOOOOOO-d it and the like. Don't mess with my cider!

Dry Down: Oh, now the sweet apples turned into a sweet apple with apple flower, oh that is nice too. The earthen note has faded softly into the background.

Verdict: Keeping my bottle. I like it a lot. Like... a lot!

In the bottle: Ripen apples, w/ a cider feeling, and then hints of dirt, drying leaves, and moss.

Wet: All the notes are fresher and greener on my wrist.

The dry-down: Still green and fresh, but slowly turning from late summer into early autumn apples. Not a sweet cider, but a dry one. I may pair this w/ any of the Lab's apple blends for extra appleness. Or may try the scent locket, as I adore the cold sniff scent--it's a perfect autumn scent.

APPLES! omg, such sweet, juicy, apples- so sweet and juicy that they might just be cider. a beeeeautiful apple note with green moss and a little bit of dirt but not nearly enough for my tastes. i might need to layer this with graveyard dirt!

Bpal's apple notes and I don't often get along so well (unless they're caramel apples, and even then, it's iffy). This is another apple that reminds me of green apple air freshener (slightly floral-apple) and soapy apple shampoo. I can smell the dirt and some spices in the drydown, but it mostly just keeps reminding me of Febreeze and Yankee Candle :/

Oh man, this one would've been *perfect* on me without the leaves note. The apple note is juicy and gorgeous and smells a lot like apple cider which is my favorite presentation of apple, but underneath it is the dreaded bell pepper leaves note, which only gets stronger with wear and makes this one a scrubber for me,