Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
The Poison Queen

Beaver Moon II 2013

This is the scent of thick branches of maple, quaking aspen, and willow held together by river mud, a feast of sedge and water lilies, and the first quiet breath of winter's night flowing over warm brown fur.

In the Bottle: Fur and snow.

Wet: Snow and the scent of freshly snapped branches. The Snow notes dominate on me.

Drydown: Snow with just a breath of aquatics.

Dry: Aquatic snow! Definitely worth keeping to see how this ages.

This one is a lot sweeter than I was expecting; on first sniff, I get slightly green tree branches and snow.

It dries down to snow and fur on me, after the initial push of green, foresty snow that lasts about 10 minutes. Pleasantly surprised by this one!

In the bottle: sweet and lightly aquatic

On: Quite a morpher. This becomes a bit cologne like. I think it's the woods, but it smells more like leaves and slightly like pine or fir. It's still sweet, but not as much and also less aquatic. Sort of like a lighter Falling Leaf Moon, to my nose anyway, with the rains being colder and the forest taking the place of the patchouli.

This fades rather quickly and the throw isn't very strong either. However, I do still enjoy the drydown and the scent fits perfectly with the weather we've been having, so I'm very glad to have this. Maybe with a little aging it'll stick around longer on wearing.

In the bottle, this is sweeter than I thought it would be, too! It's leaves, gold and brown in my head (the aspens?), lightly aquatic, and then snow. I also get a sense of brown fur. Somehow it makes me think both "warm" and "cool," like being outside on a cool late autumn day in a warm sweater. Overall it strikes me as light brown, like late autumn when the leaves have already fallen in a place where it doesn't snow much, down by the river. It's a bit very slightly spicy-musky-sweet, but still has that clear watery sense and maybe a very slight very unobtrusive floral. I like it.

On it's much the same, but same grassier undertones deepen it in a way that wasn't there before. This wasn't what I was envisioning when I read the description, but it still smells uncannily like the description to me (I don't know how that works, it's a mystery)--warm brown fur, cool water and snow, brown sedges and leaves with just a touch of water lily. It really does perfectly fit the late October to November weather, and I'm really enjoying it and the way it makes me feel. It's a perfect quiet late autumn scent, somehow. It's not super strong on me and doesn't have the most throw, but I can smell it for at least a few hours after application quite clearly, so I'm quite satisfied.

Edited by Sakura Tsukikage

I was hoping for Ivanushka style musk "fur" but what I think is the fur note here is a lovely spice. This blend goes on sweet and snowy, reminding me most of Waltz of the Snowflakes (of the various snow blends I've tried). I dont ever really get a mud or dirt note, or any kind of wet leaf note, but I get some pale, sweet woods. The floral aspect quickly begins to amp on my skin and for most of the wear-time it's a spicy sweet floral.. at this point it is reminiscent of Snow Bunny. I wish I got more of the mud, and I still wish it had some musk in it (maybe I'll try layering it with Ivanushka), but it IS lovely and I'm so glad to have a chance at a Beaver Moon without having to subject myself to cheesecake haha

This opens up with a snow note that smells very like the one in Ondurdis to me. It then softens and melds with the other notes and it's dry leaves and what my nose reads as a vanilla musk. It's almost like Ondurdis and Sonnet D'Automne had a love child. It's snugly and beautiful. I love it!

Hmm, I seem to be perceiving this quite differently from some others. I don't get any snow at all. Mine is all warm brown fur, - an edgy fur rather than fluffy teddy-bear kind. There's something very slightly like dark chocolate to it, something a little salty, and it feels like borrowing the body of another species to wear it.

ETA this smells a little like Sylvia to me only without the unwelcome soapiness, and much less of the feral metallic tang.

I like this as a smell, but I'm not sure whether it will settle as being me. Have to see how it goes.

Edited by Quillifer

Fur, snow, and sharp cologne. This one is very manly on me, and its more like Fenris Wolf does snow. There's something very familiar about this.

Sharp, citrus, male cologne.

On me this is sweet and fuzzy brown. There's a little bit of cologney-ness to it, especially in the dry down, but after a while it's this wonderful, almost creamy, sweet brown musk. I don't really get any snow from this at all.

Delicious! Super yummy and cozy, snuggly awesomeness.

Very leafy at first, and I'm getting something like the smell of rain. Less leaf as it dries, and now there's an element of foody, along with the aquatic. At first, this reminded me of Ded Moroz, but as the foody aspect asserted itself, it really is registering as odd to me now. I'll bet that it's the maple doing weird things here. I have Ded Moroz and love it, this just seems far to disjointed on me.

In the bottle: Maple, water, faint sweet florals.

Wet: The mud, aspen, and willow jump to the foreground, but there's something sharp in the depths.

The dry-down: Everything has mixed together and mellowed out. I have a feeling of soft warm brown fur but not that much of it.

This one was a lot less "green" than I expected! It starts off rather sharp, but soons dries down to a softer foresty scent. I am definitely getting the delicious maple, and the fur note lends a fuzziness to the blend that is quite comfortable.

Overall, I would say it is green, but not too much so, and in a very sweet and snuggly way. I quite like it!