Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ReallyZeb

Sudsy She-Wolf Bath Oil

The warmest, snuggiest way to tame a savage beast: hazelnut coffee with dark chocolate, sweet fig milk, warm brown amber, and terebinth pine.

I am happy to report that this smells nothing like wet dog! :lol:

It stays pretty true from bottle to bath - a lovely warm rich scent that reminds me of dark chocolate-covered lebkuchen. It's chocolatey and gently spicy and nutty and yum! This is a bath oil that picks you up and wraps you in a warm fluffy blanket before handing you hot chocolate and cookies.

Afterwards I get the faintest breath of the pine finally peeking through.

This needs to come in bigger bottles and they all need to live with me ;)

OK...so I just opened the bottle and put a tiny bit on my arm...wowza - coffee/chocolate!!! YUM. On my skin the Pine comes through a bit and this is divine. I bet this will layer beautifully with the perfume and hair gloss!!!

(I use my bath oils as on-skin moisturizers)

In the bottle I get all warm fuzzy chocolate hazelnut with a little bit of coffee

On my skin the coffee comes out a little more and as it dries down the pine shows itself but if you didn't know it was pine you wouldn't know it was pine, if that makes sense. It goes surprisingly well with all the warm fuzzy amber-chocolate-hazelnut-coffee goodness.

Yummy and sexy! :yum:

I was wary of the coffee, as it rarely works on my skin, but this is a warm, chocolate hazelnut and I barely smell the coffee. This feels snuggly and comforting, and when used as an after-shower moisturizer, it layers beautifully with Sylvia. This she-wolf is howling good!:wub2:

I decided to get a decant of this one because I wasn't sure if I wanted to smell like coffee. I discovered that I actually don't mind the coffee note if it is a flavored coffee that is well-blended with other notes.

I put this on after showering this morning and quickly wrote down a few notes that stood out before going to class. I was sitting in class, and I got a whiff of something that smelled good, but I didn't realize it was me at first!

In the decant: Chocolate and hazelnut coffee.

On my skin: Hazelnut coffee, chocolate, and a bit of pine. The sweet fig milk starts to come out more as it dries.

Dry: This is such a comforting scent! I think the sweet fig milk is the dominant note now, with hazelnut and chocolate lingering in the background.

Verdict: What a pleasant surprise! :D I am definitely going to keep my decant, and I am considering ordering a bottle!

Oh love,oh joy... This one has me wondering if I need a second bottle before it comes down.

In the bottle, it's very much like Miskatonic U, with that lovely note of coffee I like so much. (Hey, I'm mostly Finnish, and I savor different coffee varieties the way I do wine... Coffee=win for me.)

Anyway, this one on skin is incredible! More like a note of coffee flower than coffee drink, though the background is there, giving it a solid earthy backing. And the pine! Warm and rather like pine bark in the sun. My husband smelled me and said this was the best BPAL scent yet, what was it, and I told him it was bath oil, Sudsy She-Wolf. Hmm, do I need him even more amorous? May...be...

This is beautiful, all warm, fuzzy and snuggly. It's very well-blended and I'm finding it hard to pick out specific notes. I will say though that it is not overly foody or coffee scented, which I was a bit worried about. It's gorgeous and I wish I'd gone for a full bottle rather than a decant.

Sylvia is the hands-down winner of the Hallowenches. I love each of the components and the bath oil is no exception. At first, it's a foody paradise, all sweet coffee, hazelnut, chocolate, and fig but over time the pine adds a gorgeous depth and richness. I got a decant but will certainly need a big bottle.

OM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!

Seriously! This is absolutely delectable. I usually like my sweeter/foodie scents tempered with something else darkish (like leather, patch or incense) however this is glorious.

In the bottle and immediately on the skin it's very chocolate and hazelnut heavy.

However this changes every quickly and settles down to a fairly fig heavy scent. It's sweet and the fig reads almost floral on the skin in combination with the pine. In the background there's still some hazelnut, coffee and chocolate.

It's gorgeous! The half bottle that I purchased will in no way be enough to satiate my new found love of this. It's not as heavy as many of the other bath oils (scent wise) which is perfect for me as the throw on those can sometimes be overwhelming when going out in public.

I love this and know that it will become a regular in my rotation of lotions/oils and moisturizers.

This reminds me of Pumpkin #2 from 2012. It has the same woodsiness that, contrary to the first post, totally reminds me of wet dog. :lol:

I like the woodsiness and nuttiness, and could probably get over my wet dog association, but then the fig jumps up and says, "Remember that Purple-Pie Man doll from Strawberry Shortcake that you had when you were a kid? You smell like that right now. And while it smelled great when you were a kid, and maybe you tried to chew on his hat because it smelled so good, you don't really want to smell like that right now."

I tried the fig in Carnal, and it was close, but I just can't get over what I think figs smell like and what they smell like in BPAL.

So, no full bottle for me, and I'll probably use my decant before I hope in the shower so I get the nuttiness and then can lightly wash it off before the fig comes out.

not generally a foodie-scent person, but this one drew me in. i tried a smidgen on my hand and it's lovely! cocoa-coffee with some nuttiness that is strong at first, but then calms down after a bit. i can't really smell the pine, but there is something in the background, which must be it. very cozy and perfect for winter/fall.

HOLY DELICIOUSNESS BATMAN!

I was wary of how foody this sounded, but got decants of the whole Sylvia set because of all the woody notes. This is the sleeper hit of my decants for sure.

In decant: Sharp hazelnut coffee. I think it must be the pine giving this it's bite.

On skin: The pine is much more obvious now, but the rich chocolate hazelnut coffee thing going on is just delectable. I am getting the amber for sure now, and a little bit of foodie sweetness that I think is the fig, because it's not a chocolate profile at all. The chocolate note is super true and totally stunning.

This is also my first bath oil, and while I didn't put it in my bath and just put it on my skin, my palms feel so soft, and one drop was enough for my whole hands. This is and awesome product for my perennially dry hands!

I really didn't think this would work on me because of the coffee, as I don't like my coffee in scents at all. Right off, foody, like cookies and chocolate. I DO like chocolate in my perfume, however, and this is quite yummy at first. Dry, even better. Fades to a Wulric like blend, but without the lavender. Soft, feminine and cuddly. I think I need more of this.

I was nervous ordering this unsniffed but it seems my gut feeling that I'd like this was right. It's very girly sort of woody on me-- but more like polished oak than pine, with the fig surprisingly prominent, but if I sniff hard I can smell cocoa powder (not so much chocolate candy, which I'm fine with) and coffee. Dark and warm and very yummy.

Edit: Not sure what my nose was doing, that's definitely pine. Smells like drinking hot cocoa next to a Christmas tree.

Edited by Miss Despair

Hazelnut coffee, pine and cocoa. This smells like a hazelnut coffee mocha right next to a pine tree. It's warm, cozy, and the woodsy element prevents it from being a super sweet foodie blend.

On me the scent is soft, and sticks pretty close to the skin.

Pretty tasty!

This is amazing...something in the blend, when used as an in-shower moisturizer (on my skin) is VERY reminiscent of the Candy Butcher! I think it's the dark chocolate/cream (fig milk?) note combo that stands out the most on my skin...this is gorgeous! :wub3:

I think this is one of the best bath oils the Post has ever done. It is really unique and straight up delicious, but the non foody notes it features temper the sweetness so it's perfectly blended. It's creamy, woodsy, autumnal cocoa, certainly fit for a she-wolf!

My numerous back up bottles speak for themselves! :wub:

Edited by MiasmaResonance