Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
biocarolyn

Shiny Furball Hair Gloss

Smell like you’ve been on a Full Moon Stalk even when you’re at the office! Himalayan cedar, vanilla musk, lavender, black clove, honeyed coconut, fir balsam, and juniper berry!

Now with natural flea repellants!

(FOR WEREBEAST USE ONLY. DO NOT SPRAY ON PETS, PLS!)

This is really interesting. The first scent I get is the cedar, but that kind of decreases in strength after a few minutes. Along with the cedar, the clove is probably the next strongest thing, followed by the vanilla musk. Underneath is the balsam and lavender, just barely noticeable. As time goes by, the clove and vanilla musk become the strongest scent to me. I get no hint of coconut, and the juniper might be part of what I'm perceiving as balsam but it isn't strong.

This is really nice! Airy and outdoorsy... Almost gender neutral in scent. And I have very fine hair, so this was two squirts on nearly dripping hair, and even still it lasted for quite a while. I definitely see this getting a lot of use, and more hair glosses in my future. :)

Vanilla Musk, clove, balsam, and a hint of coconut are what I get out of this. It reminds me a little bit of Organ Grinder. It's spicier though and the vanilla musk does something wonderful to the scent. I don't really get any cedar at all.

Love it.

Right.

So, this is exactly perfect. It's a warm, rich cedar forest, and sweetens up over time, without being too 'musky' or 'sweet.'

Also very appropriate for me, and more neutral for sure!

I will have to scrape together a little more to get an extra bottle or two.

I have short hair, but found myself using more just to get that foresty woodsy hit!

Cuddly. Is married to my Sylvia. Right on.

Edit : The Small Girl thinks this is a hilarious name for a hair product. That said she likes to be a shiny furball. I use tons of this in her hair, she has the same fine hair as me, it works great.

Edited by stellamaris

I smell mostly cedar and sweet lavender with just a touch of pine at the start.

It has a fresh, natural, effortless sort of feel to it.

I'm not sure if my hair routine has changed or if it's this gloss, but it seems just a little heavier than the others I've tried. I wish my hair wasn't so fine and oily, this smells so fantastic I would love to load up my hair with Shiny Furball.

Cedar, honeyed coconut, and a hint of vanilla musk in the background. It's sexy just like Sylvia is, in that rough and tousled, I've been on the prowl sort of way.

This is just as good as I was hoping it would be. At first I got mostly lavender and fir balsam, with vanilla musk and cedar right behind it. I got a touch of clove when I looked for it, but otherwise I couldn't detect any coconut or clove.

I put it on wet, freshly shampooed hair. As my hair dried, the vanilla and cedar came out more. Right now I smell like a vanilla forest, and it's really lovely.

Damn, I really wanted to love this one. But it's all fir, cedar, and juniper berry, and a sharp fizziness that makes my nose hurt when it wafts around my face (I have long hair.) Shiny Furball is such a fun name and I adore the concept, but this scent just isn't for me. :cry2:

edited a month later: ok, now that my decant has aged a little, I have to rethink my review above. Shiny Furball is still very strong on the cedar and fir, but the fiziness dries down into almost a peppery note. I still get no clove or coconut, of which I am disappoint, but now that we have had a serious freezing spell with snow and ice, I am finding myself turn to this one as the perfect wintery holiday scent. In addition to loving how well it goes with Sylvia and Sudsy She-Wolf, I am loving this with Silent Forest bath oil, and the following perfumes: Black Forest, Gacela of the Dark Death, and Night-Hag Visiting the Lapland Witches. Makes me feel all dark and foresty! I am definitely ordering a full bottle (or more) with my next Trading Post order!

Edited by Poenari

I'm glad that I ended up getting a decant instead of purchasing a full bottle.

In the decant: Cedar, lavender, honeyed coconut, and clove. The cedar and clove were more prominent when it first arrived, but the next morning, they weren't nearly as sharp, and I could detect the other notes as well.

In my damp hair: Cedar, clove, juniperberry, and lavender.

When my hair is dry: I am mainly getting the cedar and the clove from this... every once in a while, I can detect a bit of the coconut in this, but only briefly. The prominence of the cedar and clove make this a little too masculine on me.

Verdict: I don't have any scents like this, so I will probably keep the decant, but I don't see myself ordering a bottle of this one.

Expectation: In a perfect world, I'm rooting for a lavender/fir/musk dominant gloss

In the decant: This is everything I've ever wanted!

Applying to hair: Cedar... and a strong blast of herbal lavender.

Drying: CEDAR, tempered with vanilla musk. I can see how this leans towards pencil shavings (been there, done that with cedar notes), but this doesn't quite go that far. The vanilla musk tempers it. It is VERY strong on the cedar though. Lavender is zilched, and most of the other notes are indistinguishable.

Drydown later: Still cedar-cedar-cedar, but there is a rich creaminess to the vanilla musk which I think is the coconut making an appearance.

Verdict: Not what I wanted, but probably still worth a bottle purchase! Happily unique.

As a fan of cedar I can appreciate this! It reminds me of

Ventriloquist Dummy in regards to that delicious cedar type quality!

The cedar is really dominating this gloss and the other notes barely peek

through. I get a gentle hint of the coconut and fir balsam. The other notes are

really laying low and I can barely detect them. I love the fact

that my hair can smell like a fresh cedar closet now, I may seek a second helping

of this!

My first hair gloss trial, I love the fine mist and realized I only

need about 2-3 spritzes tops for my type of hair.

Excited to try the others!

This is my first experience with hair gloss from the ĺab, and I am duly impressed. A couple of squirts in my hand and smoothed over my hair lasts for hours. I get a pine forest with vanilla mist curling on the ground, and the occasional hint of lavender and clove. I haven't yet tried it with Sylvia, but tonight is date night so I will try them together. Husbeast sniffed appreciatively at my hair last time I wore this.

I love Shiny Furball ! I fully expected this to fail because lavender & coconut sometimes hate my skin but not in this critter . It's TKO type lavender with yummy vanilla & honeyed coconut that smells good on me. (coconut notes sometimes go rancid on my skin-Goblin I'm looking at you) Not this time. The cedar fir balsam & juniper berry are behaving also and by behaving I mean this adds up to nothing but awesome. I should just take my wallet & throw it at the Trading Post , this update is killing me. (And by killing me I mean making me smell better than ever before) :D

Out of the bottle this was ALL coconut and I was really distressed. That was the ONE bad note in this for me, and it made the bottle smell like sun screen. Fortunately when it hit my cedar loving chemistry, the woody notes I was super excited about take over, making this a sweet warm cedar, rather than the coconut of doom.

On my skin (Haven't put it in my hair yet)this settles into cedar and juniper sweetened by the coconut and vanilla. I am getting no clove or lavender, just this really woody sweet scent. I wish there was less coconut, because I have strong sun screen associations, but it's still very lovely and the main notes are still the warm woods I love.

Quite woodsy and medicinal. I wish this was more like the bath oil...It really does smell a bit like flea repellent. The scent fades pretty quickly on me, though, and can't even tell what it even smells like after a bit.

I just had a decant, so tried some and it's fab! The notes of cedar, vanilla musk, fir balsam and honeyed coconut are the most obvious. :) I smell good--I adore these semi-sweet woodsy scents. In fact, I just placed a last-minute Post and finally chucked this in the cart. The SO likes it, so I'll share with him. :)

I love the way the glosses work in my hair (shiny! soft! fragrant!) though this one isn't for me. I don't know if it's because I can't seem to smell any other notes, but all I'm getting is woodsy. And worse, all it's evoking for me is cedar chips.

I kinda feel like a hamster. :ack:

This is my favorite HG so far. On me Shiny Furball is this lovely sweet vanilla tinged cedar that has a 'fresh" element to it. I was worried some of the notes would make this too sharp, medicinal, or "green." But no, it is divine and so smooth on me. Sweet, mellow, and woodsy.

*Sigh* I wanted this to work for me. Sadly it just didn't. It does work wonderfully on the MR. so at least it wasn't a total loss. I was able to wear it out once. We went to the cornfield maze and I paired SFB with Samhain and after a few extra coatings of Samhain...it wasn't all that bad a combination. This needs more vanilla. Since my bottle has got to be close to a year old, this is as good as it will get, meaning that if the vanilla was going to age better it would have by now. The cedar is just too strong. It takes over the whole scent.

On me I get straight up pencil shavings and a slight barely there vanilla. After about an hour the pencil shaving smell does mellow out and I can get whiffs of the other notes, but after about an hour this HG scent is gone. It doesn't last long on me, or not as long as I would want a HG to last.

The Mr. doesn't like stuff in his hair, so I'm not sure I will keep the bottle around just for him to use once in a blue moon. HOWEVER, I did put this in my little nephew’s hair because he would stand still long enough to let me.....and he smelled adorable. He is only 3, but maybe it’s not too early to start his enabling.

This is just a gorgeous outdoorsy scent. In my hair it is mainly a slightly sweet and powdery balsam mixed with a natural and not at all tropical coconut. There is a little something herbal from the lavender but it isn't strong. Where the lavender really comes out is on my hands when I run them over my hair to distribute the gloss. Skin is a very cool thing.

This is going to be an absolutely perfect work scent for me.

I don't know why I waited so long for this one, it's probably my favorite HG scent so far. This is the perfect wintertime outdoor scent. It starts out with a woody cedar. Moments later, the clove comes through along with a very Hellhound On My Trail vanilla. I smell like I just ran through the woods with my hair down, catching the wind and bits of balsam fir and pine needles. I just love this so much <3

Shiny Furball is woodsy, furry happiness. The cedar, lavender, fir, and juniper berry give it a woodsy and herbal base...and the vanilla musk, black clove, and honeyed coconut sweeten and temper it. The coconut is kind of genius here—I would never think that coconut and cedar would go well together, but they do. It does smell a bit like fur, like something pure that's run through the woods.

This hair gloss is total aromatherapy for me. I wear it, and I feel relaxed. Paired with Sylvia, it's even more wonderful.

Oh man, I get mainly coconut, cedar and a hint of dark musk. It smells darkly coconutty, which isn't really my type at all.

It's kinda cuddly and if you love coconut, I'd give this a whirl.

I foolishly hoped for vanilla musk, coconut and clove....at first all I get is cedar and really strong juniper. I smell like I spilled gin in the forest. If I really huff, I can almost catch hints of creamy coconut, and a bit of spice, but this is really all about the woods and juniper.

Once I let it dry though, I get a sort of dry, husky coconut along with the woods. The juniper fades away. Hmmm. Not sure what to think, or if this has too much wood for me. I am DESPERATE for a mostly coconut gloss, but I don't think this is going to be it. Still, it's a nice warm scent that I am enjoying more and more as the minutes go by. It may warrant a full day test.