Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sharkdiver

Lightning Storm Hair Gloss

Vivid flashes of dazzling electricity: white mint, white tea, white ginger, a jolt of yuzu, and electric green lime!

This is so refreshing! This will be PERFECT for those hot days in the summer! Chilly mint with a fresh splash of grapefruit and lime! It doesn't quite smell like Lush's calacas, as for me, the yuzu grapefruit note outshines the lime. This is awesome!

:yum: From bottle to puddle in hands, I get mostly yuzu from this, with hints of lime, over a softer, un-menthol mint. On, the white tea and the slightest hint of ginger develops in the background. It is amazingly yummy and refreshing smelling all at once, though it isn't chilly for me, but electric. Lasts much longer and stronger than the Juniper Mint HG (the only other one I have). Waiting to see how it pairs with matching perfume and bath oil (and will update my review then), but for now it plays well with and against Cheshire Cat. :wub2:

Edited for an "a" jumping in at a random place.

ETA: Blow drying my hair with this stuff on is AMAZING. It eats the scent on my hair but leaves me whole room smelling wonderful for hours.

Edited by Xue_Bai

In the bottle, I mainly smell the lime and the yuzu. It's a very fresh, zesty citrus scent. It smells as if there are rinds or shavings of rinds in the scent to add that extra bit of zest. It also has a slightly herbal aspect to it as well, probably due to the ginger and the mint. I am relieved that this is not a candied citrus scent... I was worried when a previous reviewer compared this to Lush's Calacas (a scent that I hate -- it smells like green gummy worms).

In my hair, the jolt of lime and yuzu mellow out a bit and don't smell nearly as zesty, but they are still the dominant notes. I thought this scent would be more minty than it turned out to be, but it is predominantly citrus. This isn't a bad thing, though! :D I really like it, and I think that it would be a really refreshing summer scent.

ETA: I just wanted to edit my review to say how it does not really convey my love for this hair gloss, which is my ultimate citrus/summer hair gloss. I used up my original bottle and had to spend years looking for another, and when one was posted for sale, several people in the community messaged me to let me know that one popped up and they hoped I was the one to get it. :heart: I cherish this hair gloss, not only for the scent, but because it is a reminder of how great this community is.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This was a little fruitier than I was expecting, but very good! To me the yuzu is dominant, with a bit of mint at the beginning. Everything is blended so seamlessly I have a hard time picking out notes, but they're all there. It's a fresh, slightly sweet, creamy citrus scent. I agree that it will be a great summer scent, although I'll probably wear it year-round.

Wake up and smell the citrus!

I swear, when I first spritz it on, it's grapefruit! All heavy duty grapefruit, slightly bitter. But within a couple minutes, the grapefruit starts to give way to yuzu with a slight soft back note that I really can't identify as mint. It stays that way for about an hour, then fades a bit to a more lime-y note (still hinting of yuzu) that has a soft and icy background. And it has that tangle-taming power I have just come to assume goes with the hair gloss. I have hair below my waist, and five or six spritzes seems to do the job.

Fruity and deliciously punchy! The yuzu is front and center, followed by lime. I don't get the tea and mint really but I can definitely see using this during the summer for a refreshing wakeup call.

Origin: Straight from the Trading Post

In the Bottle: Strong green citrus, all yuzu and lime.

In my hair: I spray it on and rub it in wet, then dry my hair. I get the usual wonderful soft shiny results as with my CVBT hair gloss. The scent warms up a bit for me and the tea and ginger come out to play. The mint never really comes out other than keeping this a cool scent.

Verdict: This will be a nice contrast to my CVBT gloss. That one makes me think of warm summer days while this one is the refreshing iced drink for said summer days. Glad to have it!

This is quite refreshing! I love my tea and citrus, but can't do yuzu on my skin, it turns to fungus. So far, the yuzu is behaving on me, so bonus, I can finally wear yuzu! So yuzu, tea, and a touch of lime and mint. I would like to drink this! Glad to have some of this lovely gloss, but I'll probably use it in the summer months.

My bottle of Lightning Storm arrived yesterday, so here's my review:

Wet: I rubbed this into my hair while it was wet last night. The scent was very strong citrus (mostly yuzu and lime), ginger, and tea. The ginger scent was amped to a thousand in my hair. The scent remained quite strong as my hair dried, and the yuzu and ginger pushed through. I barely smelled any mint at all in my hair. There might have been a trace amount when I applied the hair gloss, but none after.

Dry: The scent is still in my hair, well over a half day later. I pick out yuzu, a hint of lime, ginger, and tea. Right now, it reminds me of Embalming Fluid after it has been on my skin for a few hours. Less citrusy. But bolder.

Just as a note about the hair gloss itself: I've never tried any of the BPTP hair glosses until now, and I was amazed at how soft it made my hair feel. As soon as I put it in WET, my hair just soaked it right up. However, my hair is dry as hell during the winter, so...YMMV. And my hair is soft the day after, too.

A few months before this came out when it was still summer and hot I asked for a citrus-y hairgloss on the forum and it seems that with this my wishes were answered :wub2:

When first sprayed on I knew it was love at first sniff, it was a bit sharp from the tea and and ginger, but still this is EXACTLY the kind of citrus I wanted! It's like grapefruit without the bitterness, somewhere between a pomelo, lemon candies and of course some lovey lovey lime thrown into the mix as well.

It makes me wish this was a kind of candy because it smells good enough to eat; like clear hard candies with soft white sugared lemon blossoms trapped inside, like the most refreshing clear fruit juice you've ever drank served in a tall glass with just enough ice... Seriously, if you don't stop me now I might start fantasying about tasting it far too much.

This scent also lasts for ages in my hair. Sprayed about three-four times (My hair is far too long and is nearly butt length now :P) and I can still smell it clearly hours afterwards.

I think this is going to be the best scent in the summer and I'm afraid that my three bottles (ordered an extra two backups as soon as possible) might not be enough.

I love this stuff. I honestly think that this is my favorite BPAL/BPTP product I've tried yet. First of all, it makes my hair so shiny and smooth and manageable--I've never used anything that made my hair look this pretty and thick. And it helps with my ends splitting, too. So I definitely love the formula.

But the scent of this is just perfect for me. It doesn't get any better than this; I love it. On my hair, I think I get mostly the yuzu and white ginger and lime, with the refreshing hit of white tea and just a bit of the soft but bright mint scent I associate with white mint. It's bright and bracing and fresh but also somehow sweet and almost warm rather than cold, and I think that's the white ginger.

I love it sooo much. :wub2: I bought a backup, but I can only hope there's a way to get more someday!

I have a confession: I am a closet citrus fan! I really, really love the smell of pretty much anything citrusy; sadly, in perfume form it tends to fade fairly quickly. It also doesn't usually age very well.

Lightning Storm is perfect. The scent wafts and lasts in my hair, and this is just going to be the perfect summer hair gloss. I am really wishing I had three bottles of this, instead of three bottles of Silkybat. (I still love and adore the Bat, but...)

I really don't think one bottle is going to be enough. :cry2:

It's a beautiful blend of the white tea/ginger/mint, with a very strong lime element. (I honestly have no idea what yuzu smells like.) Refreshing and pretty, and it doesn't smell 'clean' or shampoo-like; it's very distinctive. LOVE.

Spritzed this at NEWC and ADORED it. Gorgeous tangy citrus that left my hair smelling a bit like grapefruit and lime. It's a very refreshing scent that'd be perfect for summer!

Strong and fresh. I mainly get white tea and ginger, which is fine... but I was really hoping for more yuzu and lime. It smells like a really sophisticated, fresh, clean blend. Very summery.

I think I just need to admit to myself that I am going through a resin loving phase, and this isn't going to pass muster to my nose at the moment.

This scent is fresh and vital. I get the white mint, lime and tea immediately, the yuzu comes out and mixes with the mint. This is my favorite of the hair glosses so far. I could easily wear this every day. I am going to attempt to track down an entire bottle now...

I get a lot of lime and yuzu with only a touch of ginger. But Holy Moses is it good. I love citrus scents and this one is so well blended. So nice in the hot sticky summertime.