Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ReallyZeb

Recharging Station Bath Oil

An invigorating shock of eucalyptus petals, white mint, pink lime, and rosemary!

This is certainly unlike any other BPTP bath oil I've tried! In the bath I get quite a well balanced blend of eucalyptus, rosemary and mint. It's very fresh and zesty, but also not overpowering, it felt quite subtle while I was in there. Now I'm out of the bath, the whole house smells of it, and my skin smells of herbal lime - again very subtle. it makes my bathroom smell clean even though its not!

I found it strange to have something so energy-inducing in the bath as I tend to have showers for that and baths to relax so I'm not sure about it yet - it might do better as something to slather after a shower, but it layers beautifully with Lavinia.

(Used on wrist as a perfume to test)

In the bottle, this is quite well-blended. I'd say the lime and mint are most notable, with rosemary adding a "Hmm.. what IS that other note?" quality to the background. The 'pink' of the lime adds a sugared sweetness to the whole blend. I don't detect the eucalyptus in particular, though I think it's part of the rosemary's "Hmmm..." factor. Definitely a bright and fun scent!

On skin, this becomes a solid dupe of Naiad Soapworks "Pink Sugar" scent. Very softly pink and almost creamy. :eek: I was hoping for a bracing eucalyptus scent from this blend, because I so rarely see eucalyptus in bptp blends. Here though, it's a soothing soft scent. All the sharper edges of the citrus and mint fade, and leave this smelling solidly "pink."

Not what I was expecting, but not a disappointment!

Edited by liquidtrance

In the bottle: Mostly pink lime.

Wet: All the notes are there, but the white mint is the brightest.

The dry-down: The mint has calmed down. The rosemary is trying to break though. Still a lot of pink lime. The eucalyptus petals are acting as a base for the other scents.

Origin: Straight from the Trading Post

In the Bottle: Green citrusy mint. The lime and mint are all up front with a tinge of greeny herb that is probably the rosemary.

On the skin: I slathered this on after my shower, as I always do with the bath oils. What I smelled was mostly the citrus notes, while the mint made it very cooling on my skin. Whereas Exhibit Hall Fatigue had the hot/cold thing going - warm under the skin and cooling on top - this is just the cooling side, but not so intense. It did help me wake up - I was sick this week and had an unexpected nap before taking the shower and am now feeling a bit more alert.

Aftermath: It went through a stage where a lot of sugar emerged and that was very nice. It has settled quite quickly - I could easily use this before work and not offend anyone at all since it has almost no throw on me.

Verdict: I like it. I like the less powerful wake-up compared to Exhibit Hall Fatigue and how it calms down fast so I could wear just about any perfume after it without clashing. I might get another bottle before the Weenies go away.

Edited by puck_nc

I adore how this smells in the bottle: bracing eucalyptus, a bit of mint and lime, and a nice hint of rosemary. Once applied (I use directly on skin as a moisturizer), it settles into a sugary minty lime that's really pleasant. It is a bit tingly on my skin but no redness or irritation occurs and I have VERY sensitive skin. Very low throw but I can still catch whiffs as I type and it's wonderfully brisk. This would be great to wake up with or in the hot months of the year.

In the bottle: This smells exactly like chili lime tortilla chips. XD It is very much lime dominated with a little spicy kick.

On my skin: I am getting almost no eucalyptus smell, but it very much has the cooling feeling that eucalyptus oils have. In terms of the scent, it is strongly mint and lime with just a kiss of the herby scent of rosemary.

To be honest, this isn't something I see myself using much. It is a very bright and sharp scent that would wake me up in a bath when I almost always bathe at night to relax. And as far as the scent itself, it's not something I am in love with. I'm probably going to pass it along to someone more excited for it.

This is absolutely gorgeous. The central note for me is the pink lime. The little bit of eucalyptus makes it rejuvenating, the mint adds some cool freshness and nice smell, and the rosemary isn’t so distinct (which I like) but definitely adds to the overall feel, too. The notes are blended very well. The oil is good just rubbed into the skin, but its true potential is realized in a nice warm bath. Smells sooooooo good and doesn’t fade. The pink lime has this fullness to it that is delicious and comforting. It really feels like I can recharge in a bath like this. This is my new favourite bath oil. Wish it was GC (along with the whole Lavina set… they layer amazingly). I’ll enjoy using it.

Edited by titania

Fresh mint, lime and a touch of rosemary. I really really enjoy this scent actually. I think it would make for a really refreshing bath. Love the lime in it!

Minty, limey, fresh.