Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Silkybat Hair Gloss

Sensual sugared patchouli.

I love Silkybat! I really do hope it comes in a perfume oil in the future!!! I get lots of patchouli and the sugary goodness right away! This was just a spray test though...can't wait til baby is sexing up my hair too. LOVE! :wub2:

EDIT: Love this in my hair it does wonders for frizz and smoothness just wish the scent lingered longer. ;)

The perfect patchouli. Definitely get the sugar and a light hint of citrus. Since I own and love so many patchouli blends, I foresee getting a lot of use out of this. I should have gotten a backup or ten.

This is my favorite patchouli scent, even more than Banshee Beat. The patch is perfect and sweet and light and not earthy, and the sugar is perfect and sweet and not caramelized. There's a little burst of citrus at the beginning that just ties everything together. Seriously this is not only my favorite hair gloss, but one of my favorite scents of all time. Perfection, bravo Puddin!

This is my first hair gloss! I dont love the spray bottle.. it only sprays maybe once in five tries, but the product itself is awesome and very similar to other -cone based treatments I've used.

The smell isnt love at first sniff, but I thiiiink I like it? I wasnt really expecting the citrusy note. That definitely smells like a cleaning product, but thankfully it seems to die back a bit over time and to me this is mostly just a light patch with a hint of dirt (like really, the lab's dirt note). I don't get sugar per se, but the blend isnt bitter.. I do wish I got big billows of cotton candy with my patch :lol: but this is still pleasant for those earthier days.

Edit: Ok, so about 5 full hours after application this got a lot sweeter somehow, and now I get the "sugary". It's still wafting the next morning too, which is fantastic. :wub2:

Edited by MCS4096

I absolutely love the Trading Posts hair glosses. They tame my frizz and give my hair a sleek look without weighing it down. The formula is absolutely perfect. I have the Frankincense and Clove hair gloss and the spray for Silky Bat is a lot more spritzy. I like that I can spray it directly on my hair if I want to. The TP hair gloss is also great for mornings where I don't wash my hair. A little bit of gloss makes me look like I just spent an hour blow drying and brushing my hair.

The scent of Silky Bat is OMGLOVE :thud: It's very similar to Banshee Beat after it settles in. At first spray this this has a sugared citrus note which fades after a few moments. I'm left with a perfect vanilla/patchouli combo which layers really well with many of the BPAL perfumes I wear. Love love love this stuff!

I haven't reviewed this yet?! Damn...

In the Bottle: Straight sniff from unscrewing the cap! Patchouli, a nice light Banshee Beat Patchouli! Plus something faintly reminiscent of Spun Sugar Spectre. Possibly the same sugar note?

Sprayed on dreads: 1) Function: My hair is naturally dreaded. None of the going to a specialty salon to have them done nor did I back comb. Plain, simple, did not brush and let nature do it's thing! So, you can imagine how natural dreads look. Un-uniformed, and frizzy in places. Where does Silkybat come into this? It made them oh-so-soft! And oh-so smoothed, no frizz or wiry hairs flowing in the wind and making it look like I just woke up from a 10 hour nap. I love love love LOVE the effects.

2) Smell: Ah HA! I knew it! It has to be the same sugar note from the beloved Spectre! There's a bit of that peculiar lemon scent and oooooooh the patchouli is perfect! It's exactly like Banshee Beat on my dreads, minus the hemp of course! It's amazing layered with Mm. Moriarty, Snake Oil, or even Banshee Beat!!!

Verdict: More, waaaaant more! Q,Q So hoarde worthy! Puddin', find it in yer heart Lad(Sir!) and bring it back EVERY Year! Pleeeeeeeeease!

This is my first hair gloss and I can only kick my arse for waiting this long to realize that I didn't WANT to try the Trading Posts hair gloss, I NEEDED to try them!! And SilkyBat was a crazysexycool introductionwub2.gif The patchouli is sex in a bottle with a sweet and tart tang from the sugar and lemon twist. It wafts from the hair in a close cloud and gets better as it goes and I can smell it on my pillow. Soooo gorgeous!!

I am not a patchouli fan. However, I decided to swap for a decant of this as many reviews mentioned it being a light patchouli, and some said that people who don't generally like patchouli would like this.

Alas, that is not the case for me. :( I thought the sugared aspect might make me appreciate patchouli more, but it does not. The patchouli is far more prominent than the sugar component in my hair, and it is strong! (Note: There was a lot of red sludge in my decant, and I did shake it up really well before spraying it into my hair.) I applied it in my hair yesterday afternoon, and it is still going strong the next day. Although it's not as earthy as some of the other patchouli notes I have smelled from the Lab, it is still too earthy for me.

*edit* The scent is still there even after I took a shower, and I washed my hair twice in an attempt to get it out. :eek:

Edited by dementia_divine

Love. :wub3: . Sugared Patch. YUMMY!

This sticks around a very long time in my hair and it's pretty strong as well. On me this is the good patchouli not the cheap stuff. It's paired with the sweetest sugar and at some point starts taking on a lemonish ting that isn't anywhere unpleasant. I'm wearing it in my hair right now and I'm in a cloud of happy. I smell fantastic.

Well.

I tried this, and then had to look up the notes. I had forgotten exactly what they were, but I was pretty sure there was Patch involved. But when I tried it, I was like...lemons? Huh?

So I looked it up, and sure enough, sugared patch. When I smelled it again knowing there was patchouli in it, I could pick it out. But honestly, if I didn't have the notes I would have described this as musky, sugary, slightly woody lemons. WTF, nose?

Anyway, I kinda like it, but I won't be needing anymore than the little 5ml spray bottle I have. I think I'll stick to Revenant Rhythm and Tricksy for my sweet patch needs.

This smells exactly like a slightly sweeter version of my Father's cologne. Which is a Polo blend in a green bottle he has had for ages. It's comforting to smell. It's definitely masculine to my nose. Smelling an open bottle reminds me of a halloween candy chocolate wrapper, where the sweet memory of chocolate was.

Silkybat has become my signature scent and to have it in hair gloss form is just heaven. i buy up every bottle i can find because i basically use it every day. please please please bring it back!

Was lucky enough to score a partial bottle of this awhile ago, and I so hope that they bring it back!  This really is the perfect sweet, deep, sexy patchouli HG that you are looking for, for all of your layering needs and by itself.  I also recently colored my hair and I have to say that BPAL HGs in general have been great for controlling flyaways, adding control, and giving a nice shine.  And they seem to be color safe!  All around win.  

A mellow patchouli, not the rough haughty kind, this patchouli reminds me of mellow leafy incense. I swear some of the sweetness comes from olibanum or benzoin, it has a grounded quality to it along with the subtle sweetness. I have just the tiniest amount left, and if this ever gets a re-release, I will jump. I find the hair gloss scents last for days in my hair, especially if they get warmed up from body heat or being in the sun.