Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Bloodbath Bath Oil

This vamp's secret to eternal youth: red musk, black patchouli, rose milk, and sugar blossom.

This is dark, patchouli HEAVEN. Reminds me a little of Spellbound (roses), but heavy on the patch. Oil is dark and it smells strong, which I like. I can smell it faintly on my skin and hour after the bath. I may have to get more of this!!! :wub2: I smell good and feel very relaxed after have used it! Of all the bath oils I have tried with patchouli, I think I like this one the best! :joy:

ETA Weird, I used this again last night and the red musk dominated - either way, I love it!

(Note: I have super dry gator skin so I use my bath oils as after shower moisturizers, especially for post-run showers and shaving.)

Bloodbath is quite similar on my skin to Eldrich Dark, both sharing the same musky dark sugared rose theme--they could be scent cousins, or fraternal twins. However in Bloodbath the sugar is stronger and the rose skirts just over the line of perfuminess to an almost sneezy level. icon_neutral.gif After a few hours the rose calms down and I get sweet red musk + patch, but if it's that strong on just my forearm, oiling my legs and arms post-bath might just be too much.

I like it enough to keep my bottle but I'll leave the hoarding to others.

Edited by thatbrownelf

If you missed Eldritch Dark, and love red musk and rose go buy this now! It's seriously amazing!!!

It's super sexy and the two strongest notes for me were red musk, rose, and a touch of sweeter patchouli... Love!!!

Just sniffed this in the bottle - I smell super sweet rose/patchouli! Can't wait to smell what this does on my skin! YUM.

ETA: wore ONE DROP of this to bed last night. I need 3 more bottles. Does this come in gallon size? Sweet juicy sparkly rose and patchouli and red musk. Sparkly. This is hot. I will be using this exclusively as a moisturizer or perfume because I couldn't let it go down a drain. Can this go GC?

I had to come back and sing the praises of Bloodbath, yet again. Its Sept 2014 and im gathering all of the Autumny scented items and used Bloodbath as an in shower moisturizer today...and i cannot stop sniffing and oohing and ahhhing. I am very glad i still have 3.5 of my 5 bottles left because i do not want to run out.

This has replaced Snow White products as my favorite BPTP item. My 2nd fave is a tie between Marshmallow Pumpkin and Chocolate Espresso Gingerbread bath oils.

I understand that this cant be brought back as a bath oil, but can we PLEASE have a perfume oil version??!

Ok...i think im obsessed. ;-)

Edited by Herb Girl

This is great! When I first put it on in the shower the first thing that popped into my head was "this would be awesome paired with Snake Charmer"! It's definitely in the same vein to me as Snake Oil, Snake Charmer, etc. I'm positively going to have to buy 1 or 2 backups of this. I keep sniffing myself and my eyes are rolling back in my head. I'm loving ALL the vamp items from the Hallowenches.

Oh, and if you are worried about the rose here? Forget about it! It blends seamlessly with the musk and patch to create a beautiful cloud of awesomeness.

Get this, it's truly amazing! :wub2:

edited to take away a "definitely"...I use that word too much!

Edited by ladyjc

I've only used this as a post-shower moisturiser because I don't like to take baths. It smells delicious - rose and patchouli is an incredible combination! It's very softening on the skin too, though I have to use quite a lot as my skin eats it up. The scent lasts for hours. My boyfriend gave me a cuddle when he came home and told me he liked my new perfume, and I said "I'm not wearing perfume! mwah-ha!" :lol: It pairs nicely with Silkybat, too. Keeper.

I am heartbroken that Bloodbath is just not what it should have been on my skin.:cry2: This has so many notes of win that I was shocked that the rose overpowers everything else. DAMN YOU ROSE, YOU HAVE RUINED WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT SCENT! :rasp:

edited after a couple of weeks of aging: I am willing to admit when I might have made a premature decision. Bloodbath still has more floral rose than I would have preferred, but even after only a short time to age it has mellowed into a scent that apparently smells really good on me. I base that upon the myriad of compliments I've received when wearing it. I do layer a touch of Callidora over it, because they seem to crave each other, but Bloodbath is turning into that rare scent with rose that I can wear. I just ordered two full bottles to have on hand once my decant is gone, and I've actually almost used up the decant already!

Edited by Poenari

I don't know if it's the rose, or the red musk, but this just does noooot work. It smells just like Blood Rose on me, which is one of the blends I actively dislike. Boo. I really wanted to love this, too...

In the bottle, the notes that stand out to me are the the rose and perhaps the sugar blossom. I wouldn't guess patchouli were here if it weren't listed. I was expecting the patchouli to darken the scent, but I find it's what I would expect from a black rose note-- heady and a little musky, but quite floral.

On skin, red musk single note. :cry2: I was initially scared that the rose would dominate, because my skin blares rose like nobodies business, but here the red musk is unstoppable.

I really wanted to love this, since red musk and black patch are fabulous and I like roses, too. (I don't amp rose, in general, and I love how it smells with some of the darker ingredients.)

Sadly, though, sugar is never my friend and apparently sugar blossom is the same. It makes this too sweet for me to consider using as a moisturizer, which is how I most often like to use my bath oils. I'll keep the decant, and will almost certainly use it in the actual bath, but I don't need a whole bottle.

Dodged a bullet that time!

I've been using this as a bath oil and a body oil and it certainly is a lot like Eldritch Dark. I was concerned about the 'rose milk' when I made the purchase but it really is nothing to worry about at all. On me, this is red musk, patchouli, a milky note and a very, very light floral. It works wonderfull well with Callidora and with the Silkybat hair gloss. Just lovely.

9/10

i am so glad i'm seeing people use this as after shower body oils, because that will work better for me, since i don't take baths as much anymore, but still want to try so many bath oils!

that being said, i tried this on my arm and mmm it smells great. it's a musky rose scent when it dries down, but starts out more sugary-rose-patchouli. it's a warm and sexy and lovely scent. resiny, musky florals...probably my absolute favorite type of scent. i can't wait to try this as a post-bath oil. i'd love it as a perfume too.

This smells a lot like Eldritch Dark bath oil, but with the added note of sugar blossom. Wet, I can detect the sugar blossom, which smells like warm, slightly burnt brown sugar, a note I do not like. Thankfully, the sugar note fades in a bit, and we're basically left with Eldritch Dark. Red musky patchouli, deep and voluptuous. I like this, but have ED already and don't need anymore. Plus, the sugar note puts a damper on this blend at first.

I recently finished up my bottle of Bloodbath and was so sad—I wished I'd bought a backup! I love both Blood Rose and Smut, and Bloodbath seemed in the same family—warm, red, resiny, musky goodness. I applied some after a shower one day and went into work, and one of my colleagues was roving the halls trying to find the source of the scent she said was 'intoxicating'. Indeed, it was. I hope this gets brought back at some point, because I'll be sure to buy a little extra. Count me in as another person who would love this as perfume!

ETA: I got a second bottle from Etsy and am so delighted...I will absolutely be rationing this to make sure it lasts. I hope it comes back as a perfume someday!

I got a decant of this last year and am really regretting not getting a bottle. And that's crazy talk, because I almost didn't buy a decant in the first place: Patchouli doesn't work on me. And red musk? Oooooh no, not ever. But in the case of Bloodbath, I was a sucker for the other two notes and evidently I went a little crazy and got some of this. Why why WHY does it work when exactly half of the notes usually don't?

Anyway. Bloodbath is glorious, and I think it's only gotten better with age. I've been using small dabs as an after-shower moisturizer at night and my whole bedroom smells ahhhhmaaaaaazing. Truly: I used this on Monday night, and when I was getting ready for bed Tuesday evening I could smell it lingering in the air. It is dead sexy.

Blood Bath is so frick'n good.  I get compliments regularly when I wear it.  Red musk is the star in this one, but it's made deep and husky by the patchouli.  The roses are present and sugared, but they're smoothed into the blend so they bolster and add complexity to the red musk rather than turning this into a floral blend.  Gorgeously feminine and sexy.  Sweet, but thick and earthy enough that it comes across as womanly vs. girlish.  One of the few fragrances I bought a back up bottle for.