Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Pumpkin Ice Cream Bath Oil

Lightly spiced pumpkin ice cream!

The description fits perfectly: it really smells like lightly spiced pumpkin ice cream! It smells delicious. :yum:

It isn't like any pumpkin ice cream that I have ever tried because it is lightly spiced. The various kinds of pumpkin ice cream I have devoured are more heavily spiced than this... this is a creamy, vanilla pumpkin scent. The pumpkin and vanilla notes smell wonderful together!

I normally use bath oils as after-shower moisturizers, but it was cold today, so I decided to try this one out in the bath as well. I used this with half of a Christmas Kisses bubble bar from Lush and a Jacko bath bomb from Lush. This bath oil was stronger than both of those scents, and it scented the whole bathroom. I didn't even use very much of it! It also made my skin feel more moisturized than it normally would after a bubble bath.

As an after shower moisturizer, I get a bit more of the spices on my skin, but it still smells like soft, slightly melted creamy pumpkin ice cream.

'Tis amazing! :wub2:

The lovely Skygal frimped me a tester of this. :wub2:

Vanilla ice cream! It actually smells a bit cold. The pumpkin translates to spices and baked goods on my skin.

When it dries the vanilla of the ice cream fades and the baked goods take over.

I used this in the bath this morning and believe me, I didn't want to leave my tub. This is SO delicious. :yum:

The scent is very similar to last year's Pumpkin V (2012) perfume, pumpkin with lots of vanilla and a hint of spice. Pumpkin Ice Cream is a bit sweeter and less spicy than last year's Pumpkin Pie bath oil, and a bit more vanilla-ish than the Marshmallow Pumpkin bath oil of several years ago. Like all the Lab's bath oils, it's moisturizing without being greasy, and it scented my tub (and bathroom, and me!) beautifully.

:wub2:

This has to be one of the best Halloweenie bath oils ever presented by the Trading Post. It is massively creamy, the spice behaves itself and the pumpkin note is warm and buttery and delicious. As with all of the bath oils, you don't need a great deal to enjoy a powerfully scented, skin-softening bathing experience. Three squirts from the bottle is enough for me and when I use it, it's a genuine struggle to get out of the bath because of it's sheer gorgeousness! This NEEDS to be a perfume oil at some point. It's totally divine.

10/10

Edited by cherrycherry

In the bottle: Just as the notes say, lightly spiced ice cream. :)

Wet: Whoa! The spices are hugely front-and-center, loud and powerful!

The dry-down: Basically like sniffing my jar of pumpkin pie spices, dry and dusty. Just a faint hint of the ice cream.

I've been on the hunt for something to replace my beloved but so very limited White Pumpkin extrait and when this popped up, I desperately hoped it would be magic. And it really is! I have very dry skin and I use the bath oils as moisturizer but I may have to take a bath in this. Creamy vanilla pumpkin that's got enough spice but isn't overwhelming. I would love to see this as a perfume oil.

GORGEOUS :wub2:

True to the real thing !!!

It is truly amazing and I think better than any TP BO I have

tried, user or owned ever before :thud:

I won't use any of this in a bath, I am to damn greedy for every single drop :P

GORGEOUS :wub2:

True to the real thing !!!

It is truly amazing and I think better than any TP BO I have

tried, user or owned ever before :thud:

I won't use any of this in a bath, I am to damn greedy for every single drop :P

At first, there is an unpleasant burnt sugar smell along with strong ginger dominant spices. Soon, the burnt sugar disappears, and we're left with a milky spice blend with a touch of pumpkin. I like this, foody lovers will probably love this. I really want pumpkin pie with whipped cream now. I'm glad for the decant, but I don't need anymore.

SO, I decided to order a bottle of this before it disappeared! I posted an ISO and got no response, so was guessing it must be THAT good!!! AND it is!!! :wub2:

Sniff in bottle: MMmmmmmm....light spiced pumpkin. A hint of creaminess, but not a lot.

On: I use this as an after shower moisturizer and it is very good. Not a lot of throw, so non-foody lovers should love this as well. If you know what Pumpkin V 2009 smells like, this totally reminds me of it but minus the chocolate and coffee notes.

Very glad I got this!!! In fact, I think this would pair perfectly with P.V. 2009 or any of the pumpkin/spicy type oils!!!

Oh, Pumpkin Ice Cream, I had had such high hopes for you. Unfortunately, you are that melty vanilla plastic type of ice cream. Take Detestable Putrescence (that Grim Grisly melty vanilla ice cream blend) and add some pumpkin spices to it. That's what I get.

Melty, vanilla plastic + spices.

*sigh* I wish this had worked out, because I mean, PUMPKIN ICE CREAM people! I guess some things are meant to be eaten, and not worn.

First Sniff: Similar to Jack, but with more cinnamon and cream to it.

Initial Wet Application: Biting cinnamon and dry wood.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): As this dried down, the cinnamon got a little more tame. It’s still the sharp cinnamon I associate with Red Hots/Big Red gum and I don’t like it. Once this dried completely it was a bit creamier, but it still had spicy cinnamon as the dominant scent.

My Reaction: This is better than when I tried it initially, aging has helped make the cinnamon more enjoyable. I’m getting a softer, milky quality to it too which I like. Maybe aging this even further will bring out the cream even more? The longer I have this on, the creamier it gets and eventually, it does bring to mind melted ice cream with vanilla and a small dash of pumpkin spice! It does seem to fade though which is a shame because aging really turned this one around for me!

Rating: 3

Surprisingly aquatic, soft and spiced, slight sweetness. Like an autumnmal candle. There really is not a foody aspect to this . I was hoping for the fresh pumpkin of white pumpkin extrait paired with rich vanilla ice cream, but I do not sense pumpkin in this nor ice cream for that matter. This does smell very autumnmal without smelling like pumpkin pie spices (if the spice concerns you). This has incredible throw and lasting power.