Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Yuurei

Boo Bath Oil

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

In the bottle: Pure vanilla buttercream.

In the bath: Once I used this in the water, the creamy vanilla note remained prominent. It's a very old school, Americana vanilla, which really compliments the cotton note now popping up. The cotton gives it a fresh, clean not-quite-floral note that keeps this from being pure foody and really makes it unique. Combined with the vanilla it put me in mind of a classic Norman Rockwell-esque housewife in a cotton apron, making a nice big vanilla buttercream cake shaped like a ghost for a Halloween party. Elements that wouldn't first come to mind when thinking of this time of year, yet it totally works. Not to mention I smell glorious right now. Kudos to the lab team for such a great oil! :wub2:

Ohhhh, this is so nice! Creamy sweet vanilla with a definite linen note to lighten it up. I was a little concerned it would be too sweet but it's perfect. I put a little on my arms and it soaked right in.

I hope this scent will remain available as a bath oil and that the perfume oil comes back next Halloween. I definitely love this :heart:

It's funny, I smell something that is reminding me of some of the sweeter Weenies this year like Oops or Day of Skulls, with the Boo underneath it. It's this years Boo. Fine by me as I have all the other Boos, all Boo is good Boo...

Review: Yep, that is Boo. It is particularly creamy in bath oil form, with the characteristic sugary Vanilla floating over it, that makes it a classic.

:joy: This is sweet vanilla and cream goodness! When I picked this up at the post office the clerk smelled the box and said.." Ohhhh what is that???"" I was worried it leaked (it did a bit even though it was taped and bubble wrapped to survive a bomb)

The oil is very soft and does sink right into the skin, I will be using this tonight to help my sick bones ...think I will probably fall asleep with this scent. I find it quite strong so I'm sure a little goes a long way, I may even add it to a bigger bottle and add some jojoba oil to cut the scent down a bit. Even though I'm saying it's strong isn't a bad thing, this creamy buttery vanilla is delicious and I feel totally spoiled having it :wub2:

Unfortunately, I spilled my entire decant of Boo... didn't make sure the lid was closed and it leaked all over my kitchen counter, a pile of mail, my purse, and my phone. Only some mail got ruined, but in the cleanup process my purse smells wonderful and I am still wiping oil off my phone case. I had to leave my purse in the car, and now my car also smells of Boo. This is all good (except for the spilling part) because Boo is such a pretty scent. It's sweet vanilla cream, with a cotton/linen tone. Smells just like the perfume, and I definitely need more of this bath oil. :wub2:

Yep, that's Boo! The bath oil is a bit more on the cotton side for me (I use it as an after shower/bath moisturizer) but there's still enough of that sweet vanilla creaminess to keep it from going to cotton smelling baby powder. :wub2:

In the bottle: Very much Boo, with lots of the sugar and cream.

Wet: Very much Boo, but more of the cotton and less of the sugar and cream.

The dry-down: Combines the sugar, the cream, and the cotton in equal parts. :) I have only a decant in the bottle, but may need more. The label has two folks in skeleton costumes riding horses, also in skeleton costumes. :)

Lovely and true to the perfume oil. After bathing with the bath oil I feel like I get a much longer and stronger wear than with the perfume oil. Delish.

It's Boo. I adore it as a perfume, and I adore it as a bath oil. The only problem is that I just got a decant. I really should have gotten a whole bottle!!

I'm so glad i got a tester of the perfume oil awhile back. I just did not think this would work on me , but after testing the perfume oil I had an inkling that this just may be awesome stuff and it is .Mostly spun sugar and cream & a tich of outdoorsy cotton...... like sheets dried on a line outside and how fresh they smell....but not at all dryer sheet . I used to wear a perfume called Hard Candy and this smells a lot like that perfume only better . I wish I would have known how great Boo is last year (2012) when I could of bought it from the Lab. I did not make that mistake this year with Boo Bath Oil. One bottle will not be enough. :wub2:

I was afraid this might go plasic-ish on my skin like some of the lab's vanilla scents do, but Boo bath oil was a nice sweet buttercream scent with no plastic.....I used it as an after shower moisturizer and then went to put my kids shoes on for school.....they all said "mmmmm mommy you smell good" winner!

I always think of Boo as a pretty simple scent. I love it for bedtime and on chilly days. I grabbed a decant because I thought I might as well.

It is probably my favorite bath oil of the Weenies. The cotton comes out a touch more for me in the bath oil, which is perfect, plus the vanilla and sweetness and really, I think simple is sometimes best.

I'm paring down my order to what I can afford, and this will be going full size for sure.

Pure vanilla buttercream :wub:

I am IN LOVE and I protect my bottle with my life :yum:

I user this before sleeping a few times and I swear,

my pillows and sheets smell like a little French bakery now :wub2:

Edited by lunaticana

This bath oil smells pretty much like last years incarnation of Boo, the perfume oil. This is a good thing, less foodiness and more cotton. There's a big smash of sweet vanilla here too, basically as described and the after effect is like the most delicious lotion. I do not like the earlier versions of Boo, they are too foody for my liking. I use the bath oils as a moisturizer. I have a decant of last years perfume and a decant of this years bath oil. I really need to invest in a bottle of either version, I'd probably use it quite a bit, the scent has grown on me, and I'm kind of hoarding what little I do have. :)

Very much like the perfume oil, Boo is straight up sugary vanilla cream on my skin. I get a slight cotton note, which I believe I amped up in the perfume oil - so the bath oil works much better for me.

Sadly, my skin really eats this up, and after a while, I really can't smell anything at all. Which is nice, if you didn't want to have clashing scents, but if you wanted to layer it, it's a little tricky.

I am reviewing this as an after-shower moisturizer (and not as a product used in the bath).

Original Test (When I received this back in November 2013):

In the decant: A lovely vanilla cream and a bright linen note. The more I sniff, the more the cotton seems to have a slightly citrus aspect to it, which is probably what makes me think of a white sheet hanging on a clothes line and blowing in the wind.

Wet: I was hoping the vanilla cream would be the dominant note on my skin, but the white cotton note is more prominent than I hoped that it would be. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. Both of the notes are present and they blend together wonderfully.

This reminds me of something, but I can't pinpoint what that something is...

Dry: This seems to go through different phases. Sometimes it is the most lovely vanilla and linen scent, but at other times, I smell this acrid, sour smell that reminds me of a used baby wipe that wasn't thrown away right away. :\

Retest (9/8/14)

The vanilla cream note is more prominent than the linen note this time, and there isn't an acrid baby wipe smell at all. I really like it, and I have been getting wonderful wafts of this throughout the day! :D

*I think the reason it didn't work out well the first time I tested this because it was near the time of the month when I ought not to be testing perfumes.

Edited by dementia_divine

I wasn't quick enough to purchase this last year but when it popped up on the Post's Etsy I snapped up a bottle. And thank goodness for that because this is glorious! When I tested the perfume oil in 2012, there was a weird lemony note that I didn't like. I'm happy to report that the bath oil doesn't have that weird note and is pure creamy vanilla and cotton. The cotton keeps it from being too sweet, which is good because this has quickly become one of my favorite vanilla scents.

The oil itself is exceptionally moisturizing. It also gives better throw and lasts longer than the perfume oil: I've had three compliments from coworkers on how great I smell, which never happens when I wear just an oil.

Verdict: Hoarding!

I love Boo!. No really, I LOVE BOO. First time around I got this and it turned so rancid on my skin. I was devastated..

Found some more later down the line, after my skin chemistry decided to stop being such a dick. and OMG. It is such a beautiful sweet simple scent. If you like vanilla, you need some Boo in your life. Great staying power with this.

I wish that I could take a bath with this, but the bath oils make my skin break out, so I've just been using my bottle of Boo to scent the ends of my hair and as a perfume oil smudged between my wrists. I think this is perfectly named. It has that clean linen smell and lots of cool, super creamy, sweet vanilla. Makes me think of clean, white sheets hung outside to dry in the fall, sheets of unusual vanilla cream between the fabric, and friendly ghosts.