Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Dia de los Muertos Atmosphere Spray

This is a Mexican paean to La Huesuda: dry, crackling leaves, the incense smoke of altars honoring Death and the Dead, funeral bouquets, the candies, chocolates, foods and tobacco of the ofrenda, amaranth, sweet cactus blossom and desert cereus.

Review: Mmm… that is definitely the Dia de Los Muertos I remember from before I got too allergic to wear it on my skin. At atmospheric spray is the ideal solution and I am ridiculously happy it now exists. The incense, candsies, sweet cakes, and flowers form an indescribable combination unique to this blend, sweet, rich, and purple, over a soft base of leaves. I’ve never figured out how to describe this scent, and likely never will, but oh, do I love it.

Exactly what I get from the perfume blend -- those perfect autumnal notes that Beth does so well, mixed with subtle foodie deliciousness and a sweet, smoky undertone. I also love the spooky label :)

I didn't like this on my skin, but man does it ever work beautifully as a room spray. A unique, wholly Autumnal Day of the Dead olfactory experience. I was hoping my decant would be enough but I think I really want an entire bottle of this.

Shit.

This smells just like the oil that I adore, and it's one of the best sprays I've used, it's so long lasting! I love this.

I've never tried the perfume because I was afraid the combination of notes wouldn't work on me, but this atmo spray has me reconsidering whether I need to try the perfume after all.

This is primarily tobacco, to me, and oh I love it. Tobacco on a base of leaves, flowers, smoke, and chocolate. The tobacco stays front and center the whole time, fading only a bit so that the chocolate comes out more over time. I sprayed it a couple of hours ago and it's still going strong with only one spritz. I definitely think I'll need a full bottle of this.

I ordered this unsniffed based upon the reviews, and my own desire to try something different from my usual proclivities. Somehow, this vaguely reminds me of Oak Leaves and Kyphi, but only at first and only vaguely. It does seem a touch more floral than I might have predicted, but it all comes together in a way that really makes me think of fall.

I like it, although I think if I ever get around to purging my collection it might go relatively early, but I do have others I like less.

This is my favorite thing. I use it all the time! And I still have only used 1/2 of one of my 3 bottles of it. But here I am, being anxious that I'm going to run out, anyway. DDLM is my favorite BPAL oil too, so it's not too surprising. It smells jolly rancher candy-sweet with dark tobacco and chocolate undertones that keep it from being cloying. :clings to her bottles: A+, would absolutely both recommend and buy again if it comes around. :)

Oh man, Dia de los Muertos does not work as a perfume for me, as it is too sugary. As an atmosphere though, this is gorgeous. I get sugared flowers and incense. It smells autumnal without smelling like potpourri, apples, or anything USA traditional.

Sugared flowers, incense, and a touch of tobacco smoke. LOVE IT.