Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thekittenkat

Spiked Apple Cider Candle

Spiced apple cider livened up with a splash of apple brandy.

I've just blown out this candle. It's a very lovely scent, and made the living room have just a hint of mulled apple cider, nothing too over-powering. There's a gentle touch of mulling spices as well. Not sure about any apple brandy, but when I blew out the candle, the scent of the candle close-up was rich and warm, like apple vanilla (not that such exists, it's just what I imagined it could smell like). :wub2: This candle caught my eye right away when I first read the update (I adore apples), so ordering it was a no-brainer. Certainly a winner in my book. :)

ETA: only to correct spelling. Edited by thekittenkat

I've always loved the handmade candles my local apple orchard makes, but for their short burn life (real cinnamon and apple pieces mean they were oversized width wise but really short and designed not to burn entirely due to fire hazards) I could never justify buying them at $30 a candle.

This, though, smells as good, if not better because of a stronger apple! And after burning it for three hours I can tell it will last much longer.

Anyways, the scent is deep (but not dark) mulled apple cider. I don't get any sort of booze note, which is fine with me. Burning in a large open area, it didn't have much range, but smelled nice near the candle itself. However, once moved to a smaller, closed space...well, even unlit I can smell apple cider as I move through the room! :lovestruck:

Review: Initially fizzy apple cider with the barest hint of booze. A bit more brandy as it warms. It’s absolutely lovely, but hasn’t a lot of throw.

I love this! Not a whole lot of throw to it, but the scent is lovely. Fizzy apples with spice. To me it smells like a Christmas shop, which is one of my favorite scents! I'm keeping it at my computer desk, because even unlit it smells wonderful if I'm close to it.

This has the same cider note as the Harvest Festival atmosphere spray (which means that it has a bit of a Hawaiian Punch vibe to it at first). The cider note is not spiced, and while the 'spiked' aspect of the scent is present, it definitely isn't prominent.

Alas, this one does not have a lot of throw. I can only smell it when I get close to it. It is a nice scent, though!

This one is LOVE! It smells just like apple cider.

I have a sample of this, and would seriously consider the candle. It is absolutely gorgeous.

This is a perfect boozy cider, to me. It is much less fearful pleasure, more autumn cider. In comparison to Mulled Cider candle, this is a more fermented red apple with spice, where mulled cider is more of a crisp fresh apple spice.