Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Wwindy

What to wear to a Dr. Who-themed burlesque show?

Seriously, I'm going to a Doctor Who burlesque show tonight, and I can't think what BPAL to wear! Hit me with your best (and funniest!) ideas... :D

Smut would be fitting for Burlesque. Also Casanova.

Yes, Casanova -

! Or otherwise something like Menacing Ionospheric Research Instrument, or Aelophile or Phoenix Steamworks.

First of all, I'm terribly jealous!!

Second, Black Heart, Smut or Snake Oil are all good choices for burlesque.

Other options are London, Victoria, or Steamworks. Door may be good, too.

You could base your choice on one of the Doctor's companions. The Rose immediately comes to mind for Rose, but maybe that's too obvious. Anne Bonny is perfect for the fierce, adventurous River Song. Dragon's Heart makes me think of the brave, strong, doctor/warrior Martha Jones. That's leaving out many companions, classic and modern, but I have to get ready for work in a minute. :(

The Antikythera Mechanism makes me think of the TARDIS, the Doctor's most constant companion. "Bronze gears spin inside a polished wooden case, and an entire universe dances within."

So, we didn't actually make it to the September show (I thought we had tickets, but the show had already sold out)... we did, however, make it to last night's repeat performance! I wore Casanova, because that was just too amusing a connection to pass up. Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone.

The show was lots of fun!

http://ocelotonaleash.com/Stars%20&%20Garters.htm

(Off topic, but I just HAD to say...) This is so cool! I'm one of the performers in that troupe (I did the River Song solo number as well as one in the River group number.) Two of our members are long-term BPAL enthusiasts, and they're slowly converting the rest of us! "What should I wear for tonight's show" is becoming a common question for us. (My collection is small, but I'm thinking Nefertiti for the next one. I've been wanting to get my hands on Anne Bonny, and I agree it sounds like a perfect scent for River!)