Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sin in the Pumpkin Patch
There's all manner of shenanigans in this year's pumpkin patch! Pumpkin'ized hybrids of GC BPAL scents abound!

This is like a pumpkin doing burlesque. The warm, creamy, comforting pumpkin appears all wholesome until it gets entangled with the blatant sensuality of Sin. Even though I tend to amp cinnamon, it behaves rather well here. The pumpkin note is lightly spiced, and I also think that the pumpkin just being present balances out the cinnamon of Sin so it smells more subtle than that of the original does on me. It warms the blend as a whole, but doesn't stomp all over it. At least on my skin, the most prominent note in Sin that dances with the pumpkin--and probably what makes this such a sexy pumpkin--is the black patchouli. Supported by the amber and sandalwood, which give it additional depth (read: even sexier) it crosses pumpkin over into territory I never thought pumpkin would go to. It's like putting that jack-o-lantern-next-door in black lace stockings that take her from pumpkin shell to bombshell.

I've loved Sin for a long time. It was one of the first GCs that I bought a 10ml of when I first started collecting BPAL, and I still wear it often. So I was excited but a little nervous about trying Sin in the Pumpkin Patch, because y'know, don't mess with perfection. But this is SO GOOD. All the warmth and sultriness and straight-up mellow goodness of Sin...plus pumpkin. Like fall wearing over-the-knee boots and a smirk and nothing else. :wub2:

I've already bought one back up bottle, and I'm contemplating getting another (or two) in case it doesn't make a reappearance in the future.

I'm glad you guys above are pleased.

Sadly, all the hype I built myself up with on this....I dreamed about this blend before they were released, so I was sure it was going to be amazeballs on me.

I received my bottle a couple days ago.....

I can smell the patch and that classic Sin, along with a creamy pumpkin.

SEXY PUMPKIN, INDEED! ;)

However, it is all covered with a smoggy layer of cinnamon. :cry2:

Now mind you, it is a good cinnamon; no burning or stinging or hurting your skin or nose...this cinnamon plays nice....except that it is there in the first place give me a sad.

I didn't want this to smell like a cinnamon roll.

Sin (note: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon) is one of my favorite GC blends. It's sexy, it's warm - this is no exception.

In the bottle: The warm cinnamon of Sin with a nice creamy pumpkin.

On the skin: This is deep, creamy, and warm. There seems to be some vanilla in here to balance the pumpkin and make it this creamy. All of the elements of Sin are definitely here - deep sandalwood, warm amber, sexy and slightly peppery patchouli, and bright cinnamon. If you like Sin and wanted it a little creamier or with a balancing sweetness, you will probably like this one. Given that Sin ages gloriously, I expect this one only to get better as time goes on.

In bottle: pumpkin and patchouli

On, wet: pumpkin and patchouli

Drydown: buttery pumpkin and patchouli

Dry: buttery pumpkin and patchouli

So...obviously the pumpkin and the patchouli overpowered everything else. But it's still nice, as I like both of those scents, and I know from experience that both the pumpkin and patchouli notes tend to mellow with age, so I'm thinking this will be lovely on me in about six months or so. :)

I thought Snakes in the PP was a bit spicy, but this this the overlord of spicy on me. Yas gots to love the cinnamon for this one.

This is gorgeous, but you really need to love cinnamon for it to work. The pumpkin somehow seems to bring out the cinnamon in Sin to the nth degree; it also lends a lovely, creamy vibe that is really delicious.

Sadly, cinnamon and I are not friends, so this one isn't for me.

This is such a green scent to me! The butter note I get from a lot of the pumpkin scents is replaced by a sharp green note that's more like stems and flowers, though there is a bit of creaminess that cuts the sharp almost bitter notes of Sin.

As it dries, here comes the cinnamon! It's really brightening up the scent in a great way! It is a little bit candy-like with the combination of the sweetness of the pumpkin with my chemistry's tendancy to turn cinnamon into red hots, but there are some other spices that keep it out of artificial food land and more into a sexy slinking sort of scent.

It's not a scent I see myself wearing much due to how heavy it is, but it will be a great fall party scent!

Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum.

This is just delicious and I LOVE it. I get all of the usual notes from Sin - the amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon - plus gorgeous, ripe, buttery pumpkin. GC Jack and GC Sin sexing it up and creating this blend as some sort of infernal offspring.

Mentally, I see burlesque babes dressed as devils, pouting and posing in a pumpkin patch. Pouting and malevolent laughter and glittery devil horns. Bottled amazingness.

Oh yeah, this is perfect! Sin with the added pumpkin... I love this even more than I expected to! I'm lucky that I can wear cinnamon without welts, and the pumpkin added to this hasn't caused any problems either. This reminds me of a less spicy Candied Pumpkin with more patchouli, or a toned down 2009 Pumpkin IV. It's not too over the top for me, and I need at least two bottles because this one is going to age beautifully. This year's pumpkin patch is one of the best ever! wub2.gif

Cinnamon + pumpkin. Sin to me is always ultra-cinnamony, so I get cinnamon, musk and pumpkin.

Spicy, but not for me.

I love cinnamon. I love Sin. WTF is up with this stuff? It's just blergh. I will give it a couple days to mellow out though, I did grab it right out of the envelope and pour it on, and of course, one tiny drop could scent my entire family.

OK this stuff really is crack. I didn't think I liked it, but there was the little vial going "put me on! You know you want to!"

a few days later it seems to have calmed down, and I kind of like it? Sigh. It's very rich, less mushrooms than Snakes in the PP....wtf mushrooms?

Edited by stellamaris

This reminds me of BPAL's red musk blends, despite the lack of musk. I think it's the rich sweetness of the pumpkin and amber over the incensy base. This pumpkin isn't as foody as some, but it's definitely rich pumpkin, not vegetable pumpkin, and it's rather sweet. There's an overlying blanket of rich, mellow sweetness, with the cinnamon and dry incensy note underneath that. The non-pumpkin ingredients assert themselves a bit more in the drydown. It's not overwhelmingly spicy.

I loooooove the original Sin (no pun intended, I swear!). It is definitely in my top 5 of GC scents. When I wear it, I don't get as much cinnamon as I do amber and patchouli and cedar-ish loveliness.

So this one was quite a surprise, since the cinnamon goes WOOHOO on my skin within about a minute. It's JUST pumpkin and cinnamon on me. That's it. Not that this is a problem, however; the only thing I don't care for is the slightly itchy (????) feeling I get on any application spots when I first put it on--the feeling reminds me of hives that I get when I get particularly bad allergic reactions (yuck). I suppose that's the cinnamon as well.

I will probably let this one age for a bit to see if the cinnamon-itchiness will calm down a little. (If not, my partial bottle is probably going in the swap pile.)

In the decant: Black patchouli, cinnamon, and something that reminds me of red musk even though I know there isn't any of it in this blend.

Wet: Pumpkin and cinnamon. I hope that the cinnamon doesn't end up burning my skin. The cinnamon note is becoming more prominent the longer it is on my skin. It's the same awesome pumpkin note found in the rest of the GC in the pumpkin patch blends. I have never tried Sin before (because patchouli and I are not friends), but I thought I would try this anyway just to say that I did. This is more cinnamon-y than the other pumpkin patch scents that I've tried this year (the only one I haven't tried is Samhain in the Pumpkin Patch, because I do not like Samhain itself). The combination of some of the notes in this blend remind me of another blend minus the pumpkin... and for some reason, I keep thinking it reminds me of something with red musk in it, although this blend doesn't contain that note! I think the black patchouli is giving this an odd undertone on my skin.

Dry: The cinnamon is the dominant note, and I am surprised that it never ended up burning my skin.

Verdict: I don't really see myself wearing this one, but I am glad that I got to try it.

I have to admit I don't have experience with Sin itself. This just smells muddy to me-- as if the notes are poorly blended. I have the same experience with SO in the Patch so I know it's the pumpkin and spice notes that are responsible, rather than Sin. It smells dusty and almost burnt and boy does that cinnamon amp overpower the notes in Sin that should, under other circumstances, be quite strong themselves.

Just not for me!

So this is another of the pumpkin blends I haven't tried the original of yet (though I did look up the notes, so I'd have a chance of recognizing them in this version)

In the imp: Yep. That's pumpkin. This is the first one that I've smelled it so clearly in... and again, I don't mind. If it works out in the rest of the stages, I think I can officially stop avoiing pumpkin now.

Wet on skin: Pumpkin, cinnamon and patchouli. The patchouli just seems to add an incensey afterthought to the pumpkin, rather than screaming "INCENSE!!!!" on it's own.

Dried down: Pretty much the same as before. I didn't really get the sandalwood at all, except possibly as blended into the patchouli.

Throw: A bit of pumpkin and sugar and spice.

Verdict: **** I'm finding myself really enjoying the pumpkin patch series, but so far, they all smell pretty similar to me. This one had the patchouli note standing out, but blending beautifully into the pumpkin and spices, and I was able to pick out the cinnamon, which makes it a little different. I haven't tried Alice or Dorian yet, though, and I haven't decided whether I want bottles of these or not yet.

I get a burnt sugar smell once the pumpkin and spice initial blast wears off, like caramel gone too far. I don't do well with caramel smells in general and this is even worse on me. The patchouli just adds in and makes this unwearable. Sadface.

In the bottle: The cinnamon from Sin, splashed over some pumpkin.

Wet: Even more cinnamon, but hints of patch and sandalwood.

The dry-down: This has become Sin layered over a creaminess, which must be the pumpkin. I've not tried Sin in a long time on its own, because of the amber and cinnamon. Since this works, I may have to try layering O and Sin, or Sin and Snake Oil.

ETA: grammar issue

Edited by thekittenkat

As i sniffed the oil in the bottle, i caught a familiar whiff and that is the cinnamon note, which is very similar to the one in Satyr.

I dabbed some of the oil on my skin and i got prominently pumpkin spice with Sin echoing somewhere in the distant background.

On the drydown, the original Sin can discerned but it gets drowned by the pumpkin. I truly believe this oil blend needs some serious aging.

I'm getting a 'rough' cinnamon, of the Sin variety of course. It's just a more spicy Sin. I don't even get any patchouli. A little bit much for me.

Close up, spicy pumpkin, throw is....leather??! It's unsettling and I do not like it!! Off to baby wipe it off, I cannot go to bed in this. Yikes. It's rare for me to fee ick about bpal, normally I avoid vetiver and I'm fine, I may not like something but few scents have actually unsettled me. Crimson Christmas did and I forget if there was another. Anyway, waffling...sorry, and yuk.

In the bottle - Hot spice, musk and a touch of something buttery

Wet on me - A very raw cinnamon dominates

Dry on me - A warm musky cinnamon scent

Overall - I may have to retry Sin to see how it differs, I think this is a little deeper but mostly its the same

OMG, this is so tasty! Pumpkin and cinnamon is one of my favorite combinations and with patchouli behind it, Sin in the Pumpkin Patch makes for a deep, delicious foodie.

In the bottle - Sexy cinnamon pumpkin spice.

Wet - Patchouli is threatening to ruin everything. Dammit, patchouli. Why you gotta be like that? This is why I can’t wear the original Sin. Amber and sandalwood always get strangled. In this blend, it’s cinnamon patchouli doing the strangling. The good news? There’s some pumpkin behind the patch, and I’m hoping it comes out soon.

Drydown - Oh, that’s much better. The black patchouli recedes a bit and I’m getting some sultry pumpkin action and CINNAMON SEX. This is what Halloween must smell like in a whorehouse. I’m so excited!

Verdict - I’ve never been able to wear Sin, so this blend is probably as close as I’m going to get to it. I can see myself wearing it in October for an outdoor party or a bonfire or something. I want to try it in my hair. That said, I don’t think I’ll be reaching for it too often unless I start going on autumn manhunts. I’ll hang on to this bottle for now, but I probably won’t need any more.