Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Moroccan Pumpkin Patch
There's all manner of shenanigans in this year's pumpkin patch! Pumpkin'ized hybrids of GC BPAL scents abound!

Pumpkin makes an amazing pairing with Morocco. These two were just meant to be. Both are warm scents that amount to double deliciousness when they come together. No doubt that the incensey notes of Morocco make this something of an exotic pumpkin, not the burlesque pumpkin of Sin in the Pumpkin Patch but more of a belly-dancing pumpkin with a sheer red veil (from the red sandalwood of course). The light spice of Morocco, including that from the carnation, also blends perfectly with the pumpkin note, since pumpkin and spice are just a natural pairing to begin with. The spice is present enough to contribute warmth and sensuality but not dominant enough to amp to infinity. I love how the warm musk in Morocco adds something to the pumpkin that's hard to put my finger on but makes it even more warm and inviting. Belly-dancing jack-o-lantern indeed.

Bottle: so cute and vintage. And sort of that smell of raw dough for some holiday treat.

First applied: There is something slightly gingerbready about Moroccan pumpkins, that I don't remember from the prototype. It's still super delicious, super sexy and super fall, but that's how it goes on at first.

Wear: I can't quite tell the projection on this. My nose gets used to it pretty quick, but my boss could smell it enough to complement it from a few feet away.

As it dries: The pumpkin gets a little fresher and less spicey, and the morrocan musk comes out more. There is a bit of an amber cinnamon combo happening too, that vaguely reminds me of the Lion without grass. The longer it's on, the more morocco comes out. The pumpkin really seems to meld with more more vanilla part of Morocco, so that it reads as pumpkin cream rather than vanilla. The spice parts are a little more pronounced.

Later on: It's not on my skin as I write this, but I recall the musk note from Morocco really coming out on the dry down, with a spicy pumpkin pie closer to the skin and the vanilla starting to peak out. It gets more sexy and less foodie the longer it wears. Def a true "sexy foodie" that will please a lot of people. It's for sure heavy rather than summery, I have always considered Morocco to really shine in that time between summer and fall... Moroccan pumpkins is for Octobers and Novembers, with the anticipation of holidays.

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it, though other people seem to love it on me more than more beloved BPAL scents.

My sister just bought 10 cans of pumpkin this morning... i wonder if smelling Moroccan pumpkins last night had any part in inspiring that :P

I think anyone into traditional fall scents will eat this one up, people who love Morocco but wish it was foodier will be pleased, and anyone who collects variations on gingerbread scents will find this worthwhile to try for a fall take on gingerbread.

I love Morocco (it is one of my favorite BPAL blends, and the boy loves it, too), so this was an instant bottle purchase. I also tend to love all things pumpkin, but I wasn't very fond of the buttery pumpkin note in Jack, so I was curious to see what the pumpkin note would be like and what Morocco + pumpkin would be like together.

In the bottle: A warm, sweet, rich pumpkin with the creamy spices of Morocco. The pumpkin is more prominent to my nose. This is not like the pumpkin note in Jack, so don't hold back on trying this if Jack didn't work on you!

Wet: The spices blend with the pumpkin perfectly. I think the pumpkin note itself might be spiced, because I get more of a cassia note from this than I do in Morocco (in fact, I don't think it's noticeable in the original Morocco). I have sensitive skin, but the extra cassia (or, if the pumpkin is helping to bring it out more, more noticeable cassia) is not an issue. While the spices are stronger than they were in the bottle, the pumpkin is still warm, sweet, and rich. I am not getting any butter from this (and that is a good thing)!

Dry: The spices are stronger than the pumpkin note, but the pumpkin is still there. It is not as creamy as the original Morocco, but it is spicier. (I have Morocco hair gloss in my hair right now, which is helping me compare the two.) I wouldn't say that it is a really foody blend, but it does smell delicious. The pumpkin is still sweet, but not nearly as sweet as it was in the bottle or while it was wet; it seems like it is a little more fresh.

Verdict: I am so glad that I bought a bottle of this! I cannot stop sniffing myself! I don't think that I prefer it to Morocco itself, but it is amazing nevertheless. I will probably end up ordering another bottle of this before the Weenies go down in December, but it depends on how this compares to the other pumpkin patch scents.

Edited by dementia_divine

Wet: Buttery Pumpkin with a blast of Morocco.

Dry: Sweet pumpkin with a hint of Morocco.

So delicious! This will age gloriously..so glad I picked up a bottle!

ITB: I smell foody pumpkin pie with some delicious spices. It doesn't smell too differently from Pumpkin V several years ago.

Wet: Warm spiced pumpkin with a slight pie-crust undertone to it as soon as it hits my skin; however, the moment it starts to settle, the cassia creeps in, as does the musk. It's much more spicy than Pumpkin V now, which I like.

Dry: Once it has dried, it becomes a bit softer and muskier. There seems to be a hint of vanilla mingled with the pumpkin, cassia, spices, and sandalwood. It's rather pleasant.

ITB and wet on skin - this was mostly a pumpkin spice single note - not a buttery pumpkin, (or at least not the same buttery pumpkin from Jack) but more of a pumpkin pie without the crust, and a bit more spice.

As it dries down, the morocco I know and love starts to assert itself alongside the pumpkin - the pumpkin becomes more creamy, but not quite vanillic (at least not yet- I'm dying to see what will happen as this ages!) and the musky incense that I love so much becomes more apparent mingled with the pumpkin. If you love morocco, and you love pumpkin, this is seriously a no brainer!!!

It's sort of in the cusp of foody and gourmand - to me personally, it wasn't quite sweet enough to kick it firmly into the foody category.

Edited by sharkdiver

Morocco is already pretty strong on my skin--I prefer to dab it in my hair or put a drop or two in my hair oil--so I was hoping the pumpkin would mellow it out some. NOPE. Pumpkin peeked its head in for only a few minutes before Morocco firmly shunted it behind and made its presence known. icon_neutral.gif

I'll hold onto my decant to see if it mellows with age but I think I'm fine with my one and barely touched bottle of Morocco.

A really delicious complex spicy fall scent. On me this one is really well-blended and not many notes emerge alone, it's more a spicy, exciting melange of yummitude.

MOROCCAN PUMPKIN PATCH

I'll start this off by saying that Morocco is one of those scents that I really love, but for some reason I've never sought out a bottle. Every so often I dig through my imp box, happen upon it, and say "Oh, yeah! Morocco!" I've no idea why it doesn't inspire passion in me, because it's really right up my alley. *shrug*

Anyway, the Pumpkin Patch version of this smells richer and spicier to me than the regular version, although unlike Snakes In the PP, it is not yielding a ton of that distinct pumpkin note. It smells quite nice and then suddenly...it's gone.

Once again, Morocco and I miss our connection. :(

Edited by OctoberGwen

Oh, I was SO excited to receive my 'Weens!

I got four of the Pumpkin Patch oils- Dorian, Moroccan, Snakes and Sin... (in addition to Little Pythia and Achluophobia).

I must say that so far, I am quite disappointed with the way the PP oils are acting out on my skin... don't they like me? :(

I'm thinking that it must be something in that pumpkin note that turns evil on me...

All but DitPP, go all urine-y within minutes of hitting my skin. Yuck.

Please advise, my friends. Should I try aging them? Will that help? Or shall I post them for swap right this minute?

Has anyone else had this problem? Oh Pumpkin, I do so love thee, but you reject my affections, with a vengeance... :cry2:

I have almost never regretted putting something on my skin more. The wave of nausea that came over me when I put this on was horrible. This was straight up cloying, buttery, artificial pumpkin. No Morocco.

Count me as one this didn't work for. I love Morocco, and almost ordered this unsniffed. Luckily I went for the decant, because there is something about the way Morocco combines with the pumpkin that just made me have to wash it off. If I had to guess, it's some kind of clash between the musk and the pumpkin. Sad.

Phwoar. This is a winner for me. I don't have Morocco alone but I do have the bath oil, which I love and use regularly, and that was enough for me to go for this one. I am so glad I did. All of the spices melt into one another beautifully and the result is a soft and comforting pumpkin blend that makes me feel warm and cosy. It's like pumpkin pie on a rainy day. I love it.

Okay, so I'll start by saying that Morocco is total love for me- but it does this weird thing where it becomes Antique Lace the *second* it hits my skin. Now, since I *also* adore Antique Lace (and since it's not currently available) I really don't mind. But that also makes Moroccan Pumpkin Patch potentially a game changer for me, since the spice notes in it don't show up that way on my skin. Now with all that in mind, here we go...

In The Bottle: I agree with whoever said this smelled similar to Pumpkin V of a year ago. It's got the spicy vanilla and pumpkin combo down pat. Lessee what happens on my skin...

Wet On Skin: Huh. Pretty much the same as in the bottle. I wonder if the addition of pumpkin to this blend will somehow change how the other notes play in my chemistry. The plot thickens!

Dry Down: Golly, how odd! Morocco has held it's ground and not turned into Antique Lace! The spice here reminds me vague of chai, so that this scent altogether is a sort of pumpkin chai scent, without the cardamom. It's now spicier than Pumpkin V and yet retains that buttery warmth of pumpkin. I think this will age quite well!

In All: Low to medium throw but certainly not what I'd call a "skin scent". This will reach out subtly to those around you. It's unassuming enough to wear during the day but, I think especially after a little aging, that it's become a seducer in it's own right. ;)

You know.. every time there's pumpkin scents, I freak for them and without fail realize the lab's pumpkin note is too spicy for my skin. This is an exception to the rule. The cinnamon etc spices are toned down, making this a wonderful sophisticated blend of Morocco and pumpkin. Just a warmer Morocco, if that's possible. Full of win! :wub2:

To my nose, the Morocco and the Pumpkin blend so well together that it is difficult to tease the individual notes apart. To me, this is slightly buttery spicy fresh-out-of-the-oven goodness. Unfortunately, it tends to disappear *very quickly* on my skin and within 2 hours, I have to apply more in order to smell it. This definitely is a winner -- I just wish it lasted longer.

I really wanted to like this, but I hate fresh morocco! And this is FRESH morocco! Super vanilla cookie with touches of pumpkin spice. Way too foody for me so I have it aging hoping for an aged morocco in the pumpkin patch!

In the bottle: This is super buttery! Was not expecting that.

On my skin: The buttery note is gone and now it's Morocco with pumpkins. Very light Morocco and fresh feeling. Normally I like Morocco aged a bit, so I'm looking forward to smelling this in a few months to see if it develops a deeper, warmer feel.

This is a nice scent, but it's definitely Morocco with a bit of pumpkin right now. I think I'll like it more with age.

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: I got to sniff this but not test on my skin at Dragon*Con. I'd never tried Morocco because of the warm musk and red sandalwood, two notes that are often hideous ampers on me. But the nose scent seemed to possibly be the closest match to my memory of sniffing someone's Pumpkin King some years ago, a scent that I have pursued in vain ever since.

In the Vial: Rich, somewhat buttery pumpkin, but without the usual accompanying strong spices. Yes, there's spice, but it's subtle. The scent is slightly more forest/garden than foody.

Wet: A quick surge of sandalwood and spices with a hint of the carnation. I'm guessing Morocco came out to play first.

Drydown: The pumpkin emerges, but it continues to seem more fresh and woodsy rather than foody, in spite of the continued presence of spices. And while the sandalwood is making its presence felt, it's not swallowing everything else up.

Verdict: This is quite interesting and I think I see a bottle in my future. It's almost as if the original Pumpkin Patch #5 (pumpkin & woodsy & ivy) decided to drop into your kitchen, poke at the spices a little, and stick around.

Morocco and pumpkin. This one is the lightest of all the pumpkins I've tried so far, and I have to say that it's mainly Morocco, with just a swirl of pumpkin.

I have an odd relationship with Morocco. I really like how it smells, but I never end up wearing it. And this isn't different enough for me that I'd reach for it. So you're off my little friend to a more loving home.

Morocco is a scent that I really like, but it fades quickly into nothingness on my skin. I was very interested to try this, and I am so happy that I did! The addition of the pumpkin doesn't overwhelm the scent of Morocco, but for some reason it turns it into the long-lasting vanilla spiced scent I never had before. So this one is a huge win, and I am definitely getting a bottle!

Morocco is another of the GC scents I hadn't had much chance to try yet, but I've been wanting to. I've been nervous about pumpkin scents for awhile, mainly cause it's not really one of my favorite foods (especially in desserts), but since Samhain itPP, I think I'm ready to give more pumpkin scents a try. (Plus, while I usually prefer savory foods to sweet, I've discovered this year that i actually prefer sweeter scents)

In the imp: I'm getting a similar candied pecan scent as I did from Samhain out of the imp. Whe I set the imp down, there's a throw with a blast of sugar and a hint of spice and nuts

Wet on skin: Same as before. Sugar sugar spiced nuts

Dried down: Same as before, with the spiced nuts becoming a little stronger again. Very pretty, but this smells pretty close to the Samhain version for me, just a bit more sugar.

Throw: Sugar sugar. Mmmm.......

Verdict: **** This makes me want to bake cookies. Sugar cookies that I can cut out with my ninjabread men cookie cutters.

Wet: Something food and spicy with a hint of pumpkin layered over the top of this. The food quality of this is very bread in nature with a sprinkling of cinnamon layered over everything. If I concentrate on the smell I can differentiate which parts of the scent are Morocco and which are pumpkin, but all together it is food bread cinnamon spicy pumpkin so far. Yum!

Dry: When dry the dense foodiness and breadiness of the scent mellows a little bit and I get more of the vanilla note which I find so apparent in Morocco. The cinnamon also calms down slightly and I'm left with a really pretty slightly food combination of bread, warm eastern spices, airy vanilla, cinnamon, and a hint of dry pumpkin.

Overall: This is absolutely amazing. I think this is probably my favorite of the Pumpkin Patches this year. I love the spiced vanilla aspect of this with the food bread quality about it all. I don't find the pumpkin in this to be very strong, but I'm ok with that because the resulting scent is so much better than I thought it would be. I am especially surprised about how different this is from Morocco. I really want a bottle of this!

Edited by ciaobonefish

Super-foody pumpkin. It makes me think of pumpkin cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, which sound delicious :yum: On me, it's less foody, I get something with the spices, pumpkin, and vanilla that turns it from foody to gourmand. I think it's the sandalwood or possibly the carnation, as I get hints of both. The cinnamon/cassia is quite strong and is just this side of craft store. Oh boy, things headed south fast. I smell like the inside of a musty spice cabinet :x This is not for me.

Cookies!!!!! Salty spicey cookies!!!!!! Damn you Black Pheonix, pumpkin is now off the Bad List. This is my Pumpkin patch light, the one for sleeping.

These Pumpkin Patches are such delicious cookies...they are nose crack...