Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dorian in the Pumpkin Patch
There's all manner of shenanigans in this year's pumpkin patch! Pumpkin'ized hybrids of GC BPAL scents abound!

Of course, first thing I thought when the update went live and I saw this: Puddin' in the pumpkin patch. :lol: References aside, who knew Dorian would go so well with pumpkin? Then again, pumpkin is a natural with tea. Take your favorite pumpkin tea, make it that much better than you could imagine and you've got this. It's all pumpkin wet, and then Dorian quickly comes through until they balance each other harmoniously on the drydown. The pumpkin is that same delicious baked pumpkin note I recognize from Theme in Yellow, dusted with just enough spice. The spice here really plays well with the rest of the blend, doesn't even amp on me and I can amp spice something fierce. It's warm, creamy pumpkin steeped in the aromatic vanilla tea of Dorian, with a hint of Dorian's characteristic fougere swirling in the background. Need I say more?

This seriously is so perfect! This smells like a chai tea latte with pumpkin and something a little richer underneath. I am so happy with this scent, it's warm and yummy. I'm seriously so happy that my order came in today, I had to put my dog to sleep today (11 years old) and I was feeling so down. Thank you Beth for creating a beautiful comforting fall scent!

Edited by darkeyedfran

This is the first BPAL pumpkin blend I've ever smelled, and I'm definitely a fan. I love Dorian on its own, and this is like Dorian in a warm, fuzzy sweater on a cool fall day with crispy leaves swirling around and the scent of fresh-baked pumpkin pie wafting from a nearby window.

The pumpkin is strong in the bottle- but more pumpkin spice than actual fleshy pumpkin. It's sweet and buttery, with a trace of cinnamon-esque spice. On my skin, Dorian appears, and the combination is gorgeous. That hint of lemon and the smoothness of the tea are an amazing background for the pumpkin and spice. It's a rich, comfy scent that reminds me of all the best non-spooky parts of autumn.

Edited by kajacana

ITB: Bready pumpkin, deep spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, under which is the gentle, lingering scent of a very nice fougere.

Wet: It's an interesting dichotomy with the warm pumpkin and spices set against the cold fougere and tannin-rich black tea.

Dry: It's more Dorian than anything once dried - fougere, black tea, sugar, vanilla, musk, and a touch of faint pumpkin. This is a winner for me!

For some reason on my skin the pumpkin and Dorian keep duking it out for dominance, one being prominent over the other but the two never quite melding together like they do with Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch. It's either DORIAN + pumpkin or PUMPKIN + Dorian. kopfkratz2.gif

I'm hoping they eventually play nice together as I'd love to buy a bottle of this.

this is yummmmm! heavy on the spices on me, but after a bit Dorian shows up and it's a party :lol: i think it would be overwhelming during warm weather, but it is perfect for the coolness that is (hopefully) coming.

All pumpkin in the bottle, but on my skin, the Dorian really comes out. This scent strikes me as being quite foody. The pumpkin in this one is different than what's found in Jack, the only other pumpkin scent I've really tried. I think the reason I didn't like Jack was because of the clove, which I honestly do not detect at all in this scent. I don't detect any typical pumpkin spices in this scent actually. The pumpkin is buttery and sweet, almost syrup like, so I'd say it's more like a baked pumpkin sort of scent.

The scent of Dorian's musky vanilla tea blends extremely well in this. This is a great fall/winter scent. If you like foody blends, then this is a great choice.

DORIAN IN THE PUMPKIN PATCH

I really couldn't imagine how this would smell before I tried it, but it is quite nice - I do agree that the pumpkin actually blends quite nicely with Dorian's vanilla tea vibe. I also agree that it's quite sweet and foody, which isn't my thing at all. When first applied, the pumpkin is pretty strong; after several minutes it softens down quite a bit and the whole scent becomes really well blended. There is no mistaking the fact that this is Dorian.

For foody folk, or anyone who loves Dorian, this should be a no-brainer.

Edited by OctoberGwen

I love Dorian, and I love pumpkin, so this was a bottle purchase.

In the bottle: Creamy pumpkin and the sugared vanilla tea of Dorian. SWOON. :wub2:

Wet: The Dorian is really prominent on my skin at first, but the pumpkin is definitely there. These actually go really well together! The pumpkin is starting to announce its presence more. The Dorian really complements the pumpkin and makes it smell really creamy. This is so lovely. The pumpkin note is very lightly spiced. It is slightly buttery, but nothing like the pumpkin note in Jack.

Dry: I am mainly getting the creamy vanilla sugared tea of Dorian. The more masculine aspects of Dorian never appeared on me at all. The pumpkin is there, but it is in the background.

Verdict: I love this! :wub2: This is my favorite of the pumpkin patch scents that I've tried thus far. This isn't just bottle worthy... it's back-up bottle worthy!

Edited by dementia_divine

Something about the butter in the pumpkin (that usually goes jelly bean on me)plus the tea and vanilla in Dorian makes this a wonderful morpher. Every sniff is a little different, but the main notes are the vanilla and pumpkin, but I often get whiffs of what can only be the tea with it's dry herby scent.

Not sold on a full bottle, but very happy for the decant.

Dorian-infused gingerbread cookies. Foody and spicy, with good throw.

It's a very pleasant and comforting smell, but I'm not sure if it's necessarily "me".

Sweet, sugary tea with a side order of cinnamon-pumpkin cookies. Foody, very foody, but in a grown-up, elegant way. This was one I was slightly concerned about when buying it because I just wasn't sure how the spices and pumpkin would work with the tea. I need to learn to trust Beth implicitly, no matter what, because this is just so beautiful and I love it. My husband loves it too and has already made a substantial dent in my bottle! Looks I need more for both of us :wub2:

This blend is full of not too spicy win. light pumpkin blended with dorian. Cute and a bit festive. I like it very much!

Wet: Buttery goop with a hint of something lighter and more refreshing trying to edge its way in.

Drydown: The sticky butter note slowly fades and a hint of lemony goodness can be detected in the background. It smells like lemon candies and some sort of butter-laden baked good. The butter continues to fade and I can actually smell the pumpkin about 20 minutes in. It’s nicely spiced, a bit caramelized, and a tad creamy. The lemon has gone into hiding at this point, but I think Dorian’s fougere might be lingering about.

Dry: Spiced pumpkin paired with a tart and herbal fougere. It’s a bit sweet, but in a dark, burnt caramel kind of way, rather than the creamy, saccharin vanilla way that regular Dorian is. For me, that’s a definite improvement. The combination seems like it shouldn’t work, but somehow it does.

7 out of 10 bones

Exactly as described, this is Dorian with a little added spice. On me it's primarily Dorian, which is not a bad thing. In fact, the pumpkin blends in so well that this version of Dorian has more staying power than the original- also a good thing. I like this a lot, but there are so many other Weenies on my bottle list, and this doesn't stray far enough from the original, that I think I can stick with my bottle of GC Dorian and cherish my decant.

So, I was really excited to try this one. Dorian+Pumpkin sounded awesome!

However, through the entire process-from in the imp to on my skin, this smells just like....plain old Dorian. I mean, I LIKE Dorian, but I already have a bottle of it and I don't need another.

I have a friend who might like this, though, so I'll send it off to her.

Creamy pumpkin + Dorian.

I have to say that this is sweet, stylized, pumpkin. Not too buttery, not too sweet, and I think the Dorian acts like a great balance.

Love it. Trying to decide if I need a partial.

In bottle: This was a clever idea. The sexy tea based cologne of Dorian goes surprisingly well with crusty, spicy pumpkin. The pumpkin is understated, letting the spice really shine in its dance with Dorian. Wet: The pumpkin moves to the forefront, with spice next and Dorian as a soft background. Dry: Dries down to a slightly juicier version of Dorian.

I bought a bottle of this blind in October. I did one or two quick tests since it arrived but I think it's time I do an official test and see if it's a keeper.

In the bottle: Pumpkin, spice, and sugar. There's a vague burnt quality. It's not bad, but the pumpkin reminds me of Halloween in the Misk U library, which is a blend I reacted very negatively to. The bad associations still linger, so while objectively this smells good, subjectively I'm not fond of it.

Wet: Smells like spiced pumpkin cookies. It's good but the bad associations are keeping me from enjoying it.

Drydown: A veeery light plastic emerges along with the scent of chai tea. The plastic is likely the vanilla in Dorian. Aged Dorian doesn't have that problem but it looks like fresh does. Luckily it's not overwhelming.

Dry: A cookie/spice/plastic/sugar mix. The tea has disappeared.

Further on: Becomes a rich, spiced pumpkin bread kind of smell, but there's still plastic.

I really want to like this but the HitMUL associations and the vanilla plastic are preventing me from doing so. Sorry, friend, but I'm going to have to get rid of you. I wish things could be different.

In the imp: Pumpkin and spice, with a hint of the fougere in the background.

Wet on skin: Still mostly the pumpkin on me, though the spice is fading back a bit.

Dried down: Dorian is definitely in tehe air now - the tea is distinctly there, but the fougere lingers somewhere behind the pumpkin spices.

Throw: This has a pumpkin spice throw, with a bit of the tea.

Verdict: **** 1/* I do like this a lot. I think I might like Dorian by itself better, but this is beautiful. I may end up springing for a bottle of this.

Wet: Pure Dorian. No hint of the pumpkin.

First on: A bit musky; a hot cup of pumpkin tea.

Dry: Settled into the traditional Dorian with just a hint of pumpkin. It’s a beautiful scent.

At first sniff, it's all pumpkin and spice but more tempered than the other Pumpkin Patch blends. Then, slowly, sinuously, the fougere peeks out and skews this toward elegant gourmand vs. foody. So far, this is my favorite of the PP, and I've like all of them to some extent. This is warm and sweet and full of depth. I don't really get the tea, or vanilla, or pumpkin, it's melded into a cohesive whole, grounded by musk and the fougere. Definitely not foody on my skin and no craft-store spiciness. I think I need a bottle, this might be my go-to pumpkin scent.

ETA: Ok, after longer wear, I NEED a bottle. Or two. This is unbelievably gorgeous.

Edited by brilliantcat

the pumpkiny note in this is very nutty. i think BPAL once used chestnut as a note, and this was it. it seems to have a softness in the background, kind of like musk. then the dorian scent makes itself more apparent pretty quickly, with the pumpkin adding a bit of spicy nuttiness to the overall dorian-ness. it's a fall-like dorian scent! kind of nice, but i am not a big foody scent fan, so i prefer the original, though i could see myself maybe wearing this a couple times during the halloween season!

In the bottle: Dorian, only more intense, and with some sort of fruit in the tea.

Wet: The pale musk and tea are most prominent now.

The dry-down: A pumpkin tea scent, with the pale musks and vanilla stirred in to make a beautiful blend. Imagine this as a real tea: elegant and perfect for autumn. Did I mention that I :wub2: Dorian? If you like Dorian, don't miss this!