Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Capax Infiniti
Limited Edition (Lilith’s Birthday!) Scent

Dear Lilith,
Your giggle makes me smile.
Your tears touch my heart.
Your hugs give me strength.
I love seeing the world through your eyes.
Thank you for letting me hold your hand
as we walk along your path of life.
I love you infinity.
Dad

A scent warmed by a whole lot of love: honey-snuggled skin musk, sweet vanilla ice cream residue, and lavender oil (Lilith’s favorite!), with a gentle hint of Dorian.

This is kind of exactly what I was imagining it to be. I had heard someones impression mentioning something about butterscotch, or something that gave me the impression of syrupy sweetness, but I dont get that at all.

It starts very similar to the lavender Beavermoon (the cheesecake-heavy version), where the lavender is noticeable, but not the main player. Definitely primarily a creamy scent, as opposed to a sharp or herbal one. As it dries a bit, the lavender seems to step even further back, and I would call whats left a 'powdery ice cream musk'. Its delicate and fuzzy, and soft and creamy, and slightly powdery. I can see the Dorian in it, but just barely, and only because it was listed. I wouldnt have thought so just from smelling.
Hours later, it reminds me a bit of aged Sed Non Satiata. The powdery creaminess really becoming the lasting fragrance. I guess I do get the honey too, but I think for me, the faded lavender and hint of Dorian really help balance it out.

The wisps I get from this throughout the day is very nice. Soft and gentle and pleasant, but non-obtrusive. Huffing from wrist, it is a little too powdery-clean for me.
Like, but not love... even though I love the bottle (cool metalic labels) and the inspiration :smilenod:

Smells like a lot like "Stinky" to me. A bit like baby powder but way better - fresh and snuggly. This is both warmer and sweeter than Stinky and doesn't seem to have as much throw (though that is rather hard to determine from one's own application). This honey musk is the one that on me often goes sour, but in this it doesn't - it's sour when applied but that immediately fades. I love Stinky but have only ever managed my one bottle, but I will be ordering a second Capax Infiniti.

I smelled this from the bottle from a BPAL~friend and it was a hit from the first sniff ...! :)

This will be bought tonight heehee

Pure baby scented lavender whiffs is what I smelled !!!

Very soft, gentle but strong ;)

Origin: Decant circle

Initial Thoughts: I don't wear Dorian very well and I fear it may be a bit sweet for me, but the concept alone sold me to at least try it. Or maybe it was meeting Puddin in person the first time at Dragon*Con a few weeks ago and being able to imagine his poem to Lilith in his voice.

In the Vial: Sugary Dorian with vanilla.

Wet: Oh, wow! The lavender really comes out on me right away and helps take the edge off the sweet. Please, please stay like this...

Drydown: Hello, musk, my old amping friend. At least you're skin musk and not marinated-in-Jovan musk. Sadly, it is amping enough that the nuances of the wet stage are overwhelmed.

Further Drydown: The Dorian peeks its head out, which helps un-bland the musk, but also shifts the scent to "masculine" in my brain since I don't wear Dorian by my husband does. It also does develop a bit of the baby-powder feel that others have mentioned.

Verdict: I so wish I could capture the wet stage and hold onto it. That sweet, rich lavender was heavenly.

Sweet powdery lavender is pretty much all I get. Unfortunately I think either the vanilla ice cream note or the honey skin musk disagree with my skin chemistry as the powder has an acrid, almost metallic tinge to it. :(Odd, as none of the notes listed are death notes, and my bottle's about two weeks old so it's had time to settle.

Will have to revisit again in a few months--I love the theme and the label art too much to let this go yet.

EDIT 2/5/16: Only after YEARS of aging can I wear this. There's still a hint of that acrid tang I hate, but it's not nearly as sharp. It's still there though, so if years of aging won't get this to work on my skin nothing will. I'm sure it can be easily rehomed.

Edited by thatbrownelf

I bought this because of the lavender, vanilla ice cream residue, and Dorian notes. I am hoping that the honey-snuggled skin musk cooperates with my skin chemistry (I think the orris probably ruined Self Portrait, but I guess I will find out.)

In the bottle: Oh, this smells amazing! :thud: I am reminded of Beaver Moon 2011 without the cheesecake note, and the sweetness I am getting from this is definitely the vanilla ice cream residue, which smells DIVINE. I am hoping that this doesn't go powdery on me (like Beaver Moon 2011 did). I am a huge fan of sugary florals, and this smells wonderful! Please oh please be like this on my skin!

Wet: Honey and lavender take the center stage during the first few seconds, but then the vanilla ice cream note rises and asserts its awesomeness. :D I can envision the melted vanilla ice cream escaping from an ice cream cone and dripping onto a hand. I hope it stays like this. I LOVE THIS. :wub2:

Dry: The sweet vanilla ice cream residue has remained the dominant note on my skin, and it is such a lovely vanilla note! :wub2: The other notes are there, too, and they all blend together wonderfully. This is absolutely beautiful. I cannot stop sniffing myself!

This did not turn powdery or smell like baby powder on me at all. I even had the boy sniff my wrist a few times, and he didn't think it smelled of baby powder at all. I am glad to discover that honey-snuggled skin musk does work on my skin, and that it was the orris that ruined Self Portrait for me.

Verdict: I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Seriously, I cannot express how much I have fallen for this. It makes me so happy that I could cry! (Actually, I did get a bit teary eyed at one point.) One bottle is not enough. I NEED LIKE FIVE MORE. This is hoard-worthy. :wub2:

Snuggly cuddly bedtime bliss! It's calming my stressed,frazzled

mind before bed. Soothing lavender and a mild honeyed musk.

I have not tried my Dorian in ages but I am getting a tiny bit of the

tea swirled in the vanilla ice cream. I am not sure if I

have tried one of Ted's creations before, this is so beautiful.

Congratulations Ted this scent is truly a gem!

And I love the tribute to Lil. :)

This should be permanent in a large bottle for destressing/dreamtime

purposes! I can see this being a wildly popular

bedtime scent for all the Bpal bunnies. I could also

see this as a childrens scent to wear this as they drift to dreamland, it's

quite comforting.

Multiple bottle worthy indeed. :)

This is so comforting, the overall feel from it is one of security. It all plays so nicely together - I think I get a little of the honey musk and a little of the lavender but mostly its just creamy snuggly goodness. I definitely need a bottle, maybe several. :wub2:

Thoughts before testing: After the stunning beauty of Our Lady of Pain's lavender last spring, I've been on the lookout for more lavender heavy blends. But I also love the rest of the notes listed here, so I have high hopes for this one!

Wet: Beautiful sweet rich lavender with a strong dollop of beautiful, sweet vanilla. Stunning.

Dry down: That amazing lavender is still going strong, and the honey starts making an appearance. It's a creamy, vanilla-drenched honey. This is really incredibly pretty.

Dry: After several hours, the lavender eventually bows out and I'm left with a vanilla/honey musk that's really pretty.

Final thoughts: I was hoping for a little more Dorian, but I'm in no way disappointed. This is so pretty, and I can't wait to see how it ages!

Verdict: Keeping the bottle.

On me, this dries down to mostly powder. It's a nice powder-soft and sort of lavender-y I guess- but I don't get any of the ice cream or Dorian that I was hoping for. My skin chemistry strikes again!

To me, this is a cuddle with my partner. I can smell warm skin and cologne mixed with a bit of lavender and vanilla... A bit like our individual scents have mingled into one while we lie on the couch and tell each other about our day. It gives Me the warm fuzzies!

in bottle- sweet lavender, so soothing!! It smells wonderful!! And as everyone has commented the label is so touching!!

wet on skin- strawberries!?? Weird because it is not one of the notes, but all I and my man smell are strawberries! hmmm... maybe that's the ice cream residue and my wacky skin

drydown- still a berry scent for some reason but I think the musk is coming through, still no Dorian at all

hours later/verdict- THERE'S the scent I was looking for! A slightly lavender, vanilla-sweet, full-on Dorian that is warm and snuggly like ReallyZeb describes. However, I can't wait hours for that scent to appear when I can just put on my beloved Dorian and get that feeling immediately.

OMG I can totally smell the icecream! I was worried when I read the reviews... and I do see how it can read a little powdery... but there is lavender icecream snuggles involved!

Update after it's been through some wear, but I just wanted to put a vote into the icecream camp, since I think this one is a bit skin dependent. So take a shot if you amp sweets rather than musk.

In bottle: This smells a lot like the lavender ice cream I like to buy. Sharp lavender floats over creamy vanilla, tea, and honey. The musk is soft, and blends well. Wet: Vanilla dominant now, but the lavender doesn’t back too far off. The tea is gentle and ties things together well. The musk stays soft, but threads all the way through, blending with Dorian’s cologne to bring the subtle sexy. This hasn’t much throw just generally, and seems ideal foir neck nuzzling. Dry: Fast fading to a soft musk with a touch of lavander.

Musky, vanilla, lavender tinged with a swirl of Dorian. It's comforting, loveable, and huggable.

Unfortunately for me the cream component smells a little plasticky, which was my concern with this blend. But it's foodie and warm.

It's hard to put this on and not filled loved, which I think was the entire point of this blend.

It's like a security blanket in a bottle.

In the bottle: this is somewhat like the honey musk (a note that I adore!) in Lady Una, some really sweet vanilla ice cream, and a hint of a sharp lavender and a touch of the tea note in Dorian

Wet: Much the same as on cold sniff, only sweeter, if possible. :)

The dry-down: As this dries down, I get more of the vanilla tea note from Dorian and the lavender, with the later being sweetened by the richness of the ice cream. This will be a lovely scent to wear when I want some scent, but don't want to be overwhelming. This is a half-bottle from my decanter, but I'm debating springing for a full bottle. A very lovely and loving scent! :)

This is very pretty. I couldn't remember the notes when I tried it, but my first impression was lavender and vanilla ice cream. It dried down to a sweet vanilla ice cream and musk scent. I can definitely see myself reaching for this, especially when I want something comforting and sweet.

Lavender vanilla powder. I was hoping for more of the honey musk, but this one is very strongly lavender on me.

I prefer either TKO or Dorian for scents in this family. I'm amping something in it all to powder and I wish I knew what.

I looove this! Lavender-vanilla ice cream with a bit of musky powder...this will be perfect for cold January days or sleep! Love.

ETA the honey component ended up ruining this for me :-( i really just need to avoid honey.

Edited by Herb Girl

In the imp: Rather sharp scent in the imp - I'm getting mostly lavender and honey and sugar there

Wet on skin: Same as before. I'm not sure where the sharpness is coming from, except maybe the lavender (I don't think skin musk does that on me)

Dried down: Ok, the sharpness has died down, and I'm left with snuggly lavender and vanilla. Snuggly is the perfect word for this

Throw: Decent throw, but not strong - lavender and vanilla. If I sniff my wrists, I still get that sharpness.

Verdict: ***** Honestly, I was thinking, because of the sharpness of the lavender at first, that I'd probably prefer to wear a few other scents where lavender is the top note (this would have been a 4 for me), but on drydown, I can't resist this. It just makes me happy. ::sigh:: I really need to get my order under control.

this starts off soft and sweet, smelling like baby powder with a hint of skin musk, vanilla and something bright. not minty, but gives off a similar sensation when i smell it. after awhile the lavender comes through, though i don't sense the dorian very strongly, i must be there! this is reminiscent of TKO, i think it could help me relax or fall asleep. i guess it's the lavender vanilla combination. it's like a more complex and sweet TKO.

This is just unbelievably beautiful. If there weren’t already an Endymion perfume, I would say that’s what this should be called, because it is most certainly a thing of beauty and a joy. It’s so soothing and happy and really reminds me of being a carefree young girl on the island of St Maarten where my family has timeshare apartments every January. I can actually smell warm sunshine in this, and there’s something in the ice cream that reminds me just a bit of sunscreen. Overall the smell is vanilla ice cream, a bit of lavender which is definitely not overpowering, and just unbelievable warmth and happiness. While it’s incredibly evocative of childhood feelings of freedom and happiness, I don’t think it’s a childish scent at all. I actually cried a bit because the first time I put this on I was so overwhelmed with feelings of joy and security. I will definitely need at least one bottle, probably two, and it will be the first scent to sometimes take Lady Amalthea’s place when I need something to help soothe nighttime anxieties.

I get a lot of the skin musk note from this, which in the Lilith blends (this was also the case with Werepuppy for example) winds up being a sweet baby product smell. Not quite baby power, but maybe a shampoo or something. If I think "ice cream" I can sort of smell it as a general sweet creaminess, and yes there's a hint of soft lavender (not astringent), but mostly it's that skin musk. It's lovely, but not as amazing as I'd hoped.

I LOVE TKO, and I thought this would be somewhat like it. In fact, it reminds me more of Lilith Victoria, which I didn't care for. Not really a strong enough lavender for my tastes, and I don't get an "ice cream" impression from it, either. It does, indeed smell like a very nice child's or baby product.

I ended up washing it off, because I don't have a single maternal bone in my body. (Bonus: it washes of easily, unlike some blends which are still there many hours and scrubbings later).

I love this, very comforting as others have said. The man smelled baby powder, and I guess I do too, but it's not the kind I don't like. I wish there was a bath oil in this blend, total night time go to sleep bath oil it would be. I just slathered some on and want to take a nap now. The lavender isn't sharp n me which is a plus!