Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Lilith's Feel Better Flowers

LILITH'S FEEL BETTER FLOWERS
I've been trying to teach Lilith a little bit about herbalism, aromatherapy, and plant lore. We talk about all the plants that are growing in the yard, we talk about all the tinctures, simples, and other concoctions that mom makes, and we play a board game that's all about wildharvesting herbs.

Lilith and I were talking about oils one day at work, and she told me that she wanted to make a perfume with all the "feel better flowers". I told her that I'd put in every flower whose purpose she could remember…

… so here's what she made:

+ carnations (to make people happy)
+ lavender (for sleeping and keeping away bedroom monsters)
+ honey (it's for smiles and good throats)
+ ginger (for tummies)
+ aloe (for too much sun)
+ blessed thistles (for buronic (sic) plague)
+ chamomile (for happy families)
+ chocolate peppermint (because mom grows it just for me)

Please remember! – this is a perfume, not a medicine! Please don't drink, rub on wounds, use as a suppository, or anything else nutty.

Lavender is the dominant note when wet. I can detect a hint of chamomile as an earthy deeper mustier floral note, ginger and honey are now sweeping to the front. I'm getting a tiny bit of peppermint. A bit more herbal than most blends but still a beautiful sweet spicy lavender scent. As it dries it would do well for people who like smooth, sweet honeys. It has turned into something like the trading post's Xvclemab (sp?!?!) soap. Very nice. Debating a bottle.

A pleasant herbal scent with a sweet undertone. The lavender comes out strongly but the other flowers keep it from being too strident as lavender sometimes is for me.

Nope, not for me. This should have been perfect for me, with only 1 completely unknown note. I get lavender with some kind of horrible screechy greenish floralish note that I am allergic to.

Origin: Decant circle.

Initial Thoughts: Like most of the Liliths this year, it was the story behind the scent that grabbed me.The only thing that made me hesitate was the chocolate peppermint.

In the Vial: Lavender, carnation, ginger and herby. Rather refreshing.

Wet: Lavender and chamomile. It's quite herby, but the honey or ginger or something is making it a very smooth herby scent. I tend to avoid overly herby scents because they strike me as too much of a harsh green. This green is smooth and soft.

Drydown: The honey emerges, bringing a very gentle ginger with it. It sweetens the herbs but doesn't overpower them.

Verdict: I like it, but I'm not sure I need a bottle. We'll see how much the imp gets used before I make my Weenie order.

In the Bottle: Sweet herbal lavender. I like this very much!

Wet on Skin: Herbal lavender with the carnation peeking through, very pleasant.

Drydown: Here's the honey, it's a little musky on me, but it maintains the lavender-carnation herbal scent. There's a touch of chamomile too. Floral and sweet and pleasant.

Dry: Honeyed carnation. Not something I want a backup of but I am glad to have a bottle.

Edited by The Poison Queen

In the decant: A well-blended herbal and floral perfume, not too dark or too bright. More floral sweet than herbal.

Wet: The sharpness of the carnation, the ginger and probably the thistles is most evident.

The dry-down: The herbal and floral notes are blending back again, but what I think is the chocolate peppermint is overlaying the mix. Nice, but herbs and flowers all combined like this seemingly made me sneeze! The blessed thistles and chocolate peppermint were unknown notes to me, but nothing else in the list should have caused me any issues. Some more notes, not unlike the honey and aloe, might have tempered the mix better, for my tastes, that is. I like florals and herbs just fine, but not in mass quantities.

In the decant: I smell the lavender, carnation, honey, chamomile, and perhaps a little bit of the ginger, too. This smells like a really relaxing herbal blend, like something someone might use when trying to fall asleep.

Wet: This is slightly sweeter on my skin, and the florals have taken the main stage. I am mainly getting the carnation note out of this right now. I can detect the honey and a bit of the aloe as well.

Dry: The carnation is still the dominant note, and the honey is more prominent than before. I think I get a faint tinge of chamomile and the chocolate peppermint, but for the most part, it's just carnation and honey.

Verdict: I was hoping to get more lavender out of this, but alas, my skin seems to amp carnation. I think I will stick with Alice when I want to wear a blend with carnation and honey. I will keep my decant, though!

Edited by dementia_divine

Lavender, chamomile, carnations.

This is a soothing lavender blend, with sugary sweetness. It goes a little soapy on me, but I think that may be the combination of aloe that gives a certain 'freshness' to the blend.

In the imp: Lots and lots of carnations, with a hint of lavender and something almost peppery, maybe the ginger.

Wet: a large bouquet of carnations, with a vague sense of honey somewhere in the room.

Drydown: The carnations back off a little and let the lavender come forward some. There's something vaguely plant-green and something vaguely smoky on top of the floral, but nothing I can identify even when I'm looking at the notes.

This is kind of meh on me. It's a pretty floral, but I was hoping for something a little more herbal, possibly with a kick from the peppermint.

In the imp: Soapy lavender with a hint of mint

On skin: (This soaked into my skin too quickly to really do a separate wet and dry stage.) I have to admit, this is the strangest mix of notes I've smelled in awhile. It's a bit of a cacophony, with all the different notes - there's several that I love, but they don't seem to work together very well. It's not unpleasant, just......weird.

Throw: It has a decent throw - mostly the chocolate peppermint, but there's another note I can't quite figure out. The aloe ginger and herbs stay slower to my skin.

Verdict: ** 1/* I loved the concept of this. And almost all of the notes are notes I look for and love in other perfumes. But they just didn't work together in this one. It's not horrible, and something I'd be willing to wear if it did have medicinal uses (honestly - it basically smells like herbal medicine), but I think I'm going to have to pass on a bottle. I may grab an extra backup of Little Pythia instead.

Edited by Magycmyste

Since this one is still available for the time being, I thought I'd share the love. This blend is very comforting and homey and "me" in the sense that I was once a young gardener growing herbs all on my own (I was in charge of the yard from about age 12 so I conducted my own experiments out there. Did mostly everything wrong, but I had lots of fun.) The intention really comes through as a little girl who loves flowers and herbs and wants to make people feel better. There is a good balance between floral and herbal.

I love both carnation and lavender, but this really isn't a heavy lavender and for me the carnation mostly stands in front of it, with the greener herbal notes freshening everything up. I can't pick out the ginger per se and I don't know what blessed thistles smell like. The honey isn't overwhelming but serves mostly to sweeten up the flowers a bit. I'm definitely getting the chamomile, which is just as subtle and comforting as chamomile should be and helps keeps the overall impression from getting gooey. The chocolate peppermint does a tricky thing - my bionic nose would definitely sniff out any hint of peppermint and usually I get none in this blend - but then I'll be going about my business and suddenly get a little whiff of chocolate out of nowhere (there's no chocolate in the house, so what the heck is that? OH. This is nice for me, because sweet candy notes are NOT my thing in general but this is subtle and intermittent.) This is a simple blend but definitely not simple-minded - there's some morphing and playfulness going on.

Frimped with an imp of this from my lovely scent twin, TeaOtter, who knew I had expressed strong curiosity about it but had not gotten into a decant circle nor was I ready to spring for a bottle without sniffing it first.

IN THE IMP: Yeah, baby. Lavender.

Dabbed on my wrist and in the crook of my arm.

WET: The spicy carnation and lavender hit my nose before I've even had time to bring my arm up to it to huff. Wet, this is absolutely fantastic to me, my beloved lavender with the kick of the carnation. I get the background scent of an outdoor field (thistle?) and a lot of yummy fresh greens.

DRYDOWN: Even on early drydown, I am convinced this is totally moi and that I must get a big bottle. I can see this being a hugely popular scent, between the wonderful inspiration for the blend and its subtle lovely complexity.

LATER DRYDOWN: Then, sadly, it goes wrong on me. Or more specifically my body goes wrong on it. Maybe it's the aloe or the peppermint but once it's completely dry it just disintegrates into a soapy, sweet, plasticy scent, wayyyyyy too floral for me.

OVERALL: My reaction was so much like that of Magicmyste. I wanted to love this based on everything about it, and I DID love it for a little while, and then, boom, it just morphed into something I unloved.

On a scale of 1-5, I have to give it a 3 for all the good things about it but only about a 1.5 on me.

I was feeling a bit bummed about my life situation at the moment, so it was kind of cool to grab this blend out of my 'to try' pile:) Quite floral at first, a fresh heady type of floral. Dry, it's kind of like a honey musk/lotion kind of blend. It reminds me a bit of Capax Infiniti, but not as strong on the honey musk. I like lotion type blends, so this is nice to try. I think I feel a bit better too:)

In the bottle - A soft blue lavender

Wet on me - A sweet comforting ball of flowers; mostly the camomile but the others are there, with just a hint of honey running across it

Dry on me - A soft hazy herbal scent that envelops and folds in on itself

Overall - I quite enjoyed this, but my mum is currently training to be a healer so I thin this might make a nice present for her

On wet/early drydown: chamomile, with a bit of honey and an herbal spice that is probably the carnation kicking in, with a minty undertone. More of a golden/straw scent as opposed to a green-grass herbal.

On for a while: still straw/chamomile with honey, a bit more of the lavender is making an appearance. I think the straw note I'm getting is the thistles.

I was hoping for a bit more of the florals, or a slightly stronger honey. But as it is, this is a nice, gentle scent, and rather soothing.

• ITI: It's lightly floral and strongly herbal with chamomile, thistle, ginger, and carnation being the strongest notes on first sniff.

Wet: It's more herbal with chamomile and then lavender taking center stage, I still can pick up on the thistle, but not much else is coming through. It reminds me of a poultice.

Dry: After 12 hours, the chocolate peppermint comes though all the herbal notes, leaving the scent to be what I imagine a chocolate Star-mint on a bed of thistle and lavender smell like.

this is such a cute idea for a scent. when i first apply, the lavender dominates a fresh herbal background. i smell a little carnation peeking through, and a teeny hint of mint, and the sweetness of the honey smoothing everything out. i wish i got some ginger but i am just not picking up on it. this is something i would like to wear on a beautiful, fresh spring day!

To me, this smells like a tiny health food store. They all smell alike, don't they? A cozy jumble of herbs.

There's powdery lavender, sweet honey, and an unidentified herbal note...thistles maybe? I'm not getting any ginger or peppermint.

It's really pretty and calming. I like how the honey adds a gloss of sweetness over all the various herbs.

This goes on sharp and soapy, and I was thinking it had iris in it initially, but the drydown is a soft, honeyed lavender with dry, herbal chamomile and a creamy, chocolatey edge. It's a sweet, honeyed, herbal sleep blend. Gets a little powdery over time.

Dry: Dry lavender, ginger and honey. The soapy parts are gone and instead a blend of scents that would match a salve to help wounds and pain. Does have a slight green or herbal edge sometimes, but not as far as to traditional chinese medicine.
In the end, a few hours in, the savory amps and the honey fades.

Close to Al-Azifs warm honey scent but not as sweet as the herbs grounds it.

Dominant notes: Honey, herbs, ginger, lavender.

The Lab frottled this one in my most recent order and I was thrilled! Starts out with sweet florals, with a lavender similar to Yvaine's on top. Freakin Yvaine lavender yeahhhh boi! On the skin it is a slightly darkened lavender floral blend with depth but no other notes are really popping out at me. Little Bird is right, it does go a bit powdery as it goes, but in a pleasantly clean, soft, your skin but better way. I do like the opening better but this is nice. No cloying honey, just a soft fluffiness of powder around the edges, a brief whiff of play-doh but not enough to be an issue like orris or violet sometimes is wont to do. The carnation is there but I didn't recognize it as such, just flowers. No ginger or herbs really.

I'm really liking this and would probably have never picked this up due to the honey. It really is soft, comforting, and sweet. 

Maybe pick up if you like Lullaby, Yvaine, or Ode on Melancholy but don't expect it to be a substitute or anything. I like those much better (It's gonna be really hard to top those lavenders!), but try it if soft, bedtime, floofy, powdery lavender floral sounds appealing. For reference honey usually goes weird and wonky but I'm really enjoying this and it's a definite keeper. ❤️

Lab, thank you thank you thank you for this one, the lanyard, frimps and spooky swag! 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak