Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Lilith's Bubblegum and Roses

LILITH'S BUBBLEGUM AND ROSES
This summer, Lilith spent Tuesdays and Thursdays with us here at the Lab. One day, she decides that she wants to make a perfume for herself that all her friends can wear, too. We talk for a little while, and I let her smell some components before she finally decides that she wants her fragrance to smell like bubblegum and roses.

Little lady, your wish is my command.

Lilith's creation: a spray of pink roses, red rose petals, and pink sticky bubblegum!

Sweet, sweet, gummy, sticky, chewy pink Bazooka Joe bubble gum at the top.

No flagrant fragrant rose yet... I get a lot more spice than expected, almost a cinnamon note that is becoming stronger as the sweetness of the gum dissipates. As this goes on my skin, any rose that is present is only very quietly coming to the forefront. This is weird because I am a rose-amper. I'm actually getting more fiery spice. This is kind of like Sin, except with bubble-gum. It is a perfect spicy bubblegum / cinnamon bubblegum scent.

I actually need a bottle. There are moments where I want to smell like this.

ETA: about an hour out, it smells like tiny toy roses. /squee

When I first put it on, it was SUPER sticky pink bubblegum, but as it dried it morphed into a really nice fresh pink rose scent. Not terribly long-lasting on me but a very nice rose variant; I think I'll be getting a bottle of this one.

Very much all bubblegum at the start. But as it begins to dry, the rose comes out and mingles very nicely with the bubblegum. I find the rose helps balance the super sweet bubblegum note and find myself enjoying this much more than I thought I would. :)

I love Jailbait and I love rose scents, so I knew I had to try this one. It's exactly what you think it would be--pink, sugary bubblegum and perfumed roses (not the green, fresh rose of Rose Red, but more of a candied rose). Such a fun scent, it just makes me smile :). And a lot more wearable than I thought it would be. Love it!

Look at me, Little Miss Too Lazy To Review. But this one is important.

I am unshakably convinced this perfume could bring about world peace, winning Mizz Lilith the youngest ever Nobel.

I amp roses. To migraine inducing degrees. This one, though, nope. Perfect balance. Impeccable. Bubblegum, roses, happiness. It smells precisely of classic pink bubblegum (which I don't think most people realize is as spicy and interesting as it turns out; probably the wintergreen, but could be soylent green or fairy toenail fungus, you never know with proprietary stuff like that...) and ROSES THAT DON'T HURT!!! It does exactly what it says on the tin, but somehow creates this amazing συνέργια which makes every withered, atrophied happiness receptor in my barren, widowed brain go NUTS like nothing has in years. If we could just pump it straight into the collective nose of the universe, I have no doubt that world peace would only be the beginning of its magic. I am trying to budget for a couple extra bottles in amongst my 'weenies. It is the preciousssssssss. ::shifty eyes:;

In the decant: Slightly spicy, slightly sugary roses.

Wet: Much the same as on cold sniff, but prettier.

The dry-down: Not a morpher. Just nice sweet and spicy tea roses.

In the decant: Classic pink bubblegum! This is what I mainly get out of it on first sniff, but further sniffing reveals a hint of rose. I am not a fan of bubblegum, but I do love sugary florals, so I had to try this!

Wet: Same! Lots of sugary pink bubblegum and a hint of rose! The rose starts to emerge more over time. I can imagine pink bubblegum and red rose petals.

Dry: The rose has now taken the center stage. The bubblegum is still present, but it's nowhere as strong as it originally was!

Verdict: This is exactly what it says on the tin! Although I tend to love sugary florals, there are several sugary floral blends that I prefer over this one. I think I might have enjoyed this more if a different rose note had been used. I will keep my decant, but I do not feel like I need a bottle.

This is something very different than I normally wear. I knew this going in. I enjoy different though, and I am not let down with this purchase.

This is a very sweet and youthful perfume, with a fun vibe.

In the bottle it is bright pink, girlie bubblegum! If you give it a real good, deep sniff, you can smell the rose hiding behind a big pink bubble!

Wet...Sticky, sweet, pink, sugary bubblegum with just a hint of red rose.

Dry, Exactly as the name refers, Bubblegum and Roses! So glad I bought this. This is great for days when I just want to be a girl. My 6 year old daughter loves it too. I figured this would be a fragrance we could giggle about and share♥

I'm really not a bubblegum fan, so this bottle was sort of purchased on a whim after reading the reviews. At first it's pure bubblegum, which made me grimace, but it fades into a really great sugary rose, which I love. It actually reminds me a LOT of Hope, from the Carnivale Diabolique series. Surprisingly a keeper.

In the bottle, this is bubblegum over tea rose. Wet on my skin, the bubblegum is really sharp, almost like bubblegum-flavored medicine somehow. Drying, the bubblegum calms down and it mingles pleasantly with the rose. I like this.

In the imp: Bubblegum! Like the stuff you really wanted to chew in class as a kid but weern't allowed to because somebody popped it in somebody else's hair and it had to be cut out, ruining it for everybody else! (Ok, that didn't happen to me, but it probably happened somewhere! :D). There is a hint of something elser, too - the roses, probably, making it just the teeniest bit sharper than plain bubblegum. I'm not sure I'd have identified it as rose without the note though.

Wet on skin: Bubble, bubble, bubblegum! The sharpness is still there, but only if I sniff directly

Dried down: Hmmm....... it kind of seems like the rose is fading into the bubblegum, even though the bubblegunm isn't as strong as it was before.

Throw: Bubbly-bubblegum, and yes, there's a decent throw. I still can't really get the rose much unless I sniff my wrists

Verdict: *** 1/* I'll definitely keep the decant (it's such a fun scent), but I think I'll wait and see if someone has a partial bottle to sell. I don't think I'll need much of this one, and not urgently. (Watch me find someone who I need a gift for who adores it.)

Classic pink bubblegum indeed! This actually smells slightly to sugared watermelon bubblegum to me, which makes me think of BubbleYum and Bazooka Joe.

AND THEN THE ROSES MAKE AN APPEARANCE.

Sugary, pink roses.

*FLAIL*

Edited by zankoku_zen

Wet, this is that soft, chewy bubblegum of the Bazooka Joe variety. I'm even getting that powder on the gum! Dry, the bubblegum disappears and we're left with a soft, pink rose. Not unlike Hope, quite similar, not sour at all. Nice to try, but I wouldn't wear this kind of blend in the wet stage, definitely. The dry stage is quite nice, but I'm not a big rose fan, not really me, but nice to try.

In the bottle - Surprisingly enough roses with an undercurrent of bubblegum

Wet on me - Really, really lush red roses, really sweet sugary bubblegum but there's a sharp almost nail varnish remover type scent beneath

Dry on me - A faint red rose scent with just a hint of candyfloss like sweetness in the background

Overall - I don't know. This was my most coveted blend for ages; I wanted and expected to love it, but I just don't

A soft, sweet rose made even sweeter with a big dose of very pink, slightly powdery, super-sweet bubblegum. It dries down reminding me of a rose flavored cotton candy with vanilla. It's very sugary, but it has a fluffy lightness to it as well. Creamy, sugary, pink rose.