Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VictorianVulgar

Looking for foody fall scents!

Hey guys! I'm heading back to the East Coast for my Junior year of college and looking for some delicious scents for Autumn and Winter. I find that sweet/foodie scents have the best lasting power and throw on my - my skin tends to just absorb anything green or floral or musky, which is such a drag.

I'm looking for pumpkin, caramel, butterscotch, brown sugar, chocolate, vanilla, spice, wood or nut notes. Baked goods and jack o'lanterns and fall leaves, really sweet and warm and yummy. Any suggestions?

Well, in just a few days, the Weenies (Halloween) limited edition scents will go live at the BPAL website....there seems to always be some lovely, foody, autumn, pumpkin-y scents!! :)

Well, in just a few days, the Weenies (Halloween) limited edition scents will go live at the BPAL website....there seems to always be some lovely, foody, autumn, pumpkin-y scents!! :)

:GoodPost: Yep, yep! That's probably your best bet - just wait a few days for the Weenies. :D Pumpkin V from last year's Weenies is delicious, though, fwiw. :yum:

From the GC I'd start with: Sin, Chimera (cinnamon), Bengal (creamy spicy-like chai spice), Shub (evil gingerbread!), Morocco (sweet, creamy spices, but more vanilla and a bit lighter in feal than Bengal), Siren (spicy ginger but fresh, too), Jack (pumpkin), Lights of Men's Lives (beeswax sweetness), Hellcat (nuts, cream, rum), Dana O'Shee (if you want something lighter and milky), Obatala (for even lighter milk), Eat Me (thick vanilla cake/currant), Drink Me (everything and the kitchen sink!), Bliss (chocolate), Misk U (coffee), Kali (chocolate w/flowers), Antikytheria Mechanism , Dragon's Bone(sweet woods), and Snake Oil (of course!-spicy/musky/sweet amazeballz; even if you don't think you like musk... you just might change your mind!).

Here's this thread, too, with more links to more threads!

Edited by lookingglass

For foody LE's that may or may not return this year but should be available on the Sales/Swaps Pages: Pumpkin Latte, Trick or Treat, Sugar Skull (not everyone gets brown sugar from it but some do), Boo, Huesos de Santo, Marshmallow Pumpkin, Mother Shub's Spiced Lait de Chevre (even though it was a Yule scent), Pickled Imp & SawScaled Viper from Carnaval Diabolique, any of the Beaver Moons, Sprinklecakes, Spice Bush Swallowtail

GC's: Jack, Bengal, Chimera, Miskatonic University (tons of caramel on me), Molly Grue, Bread & Butterfly

I like Samhain for my leafy apple fix but many people find it too intense. October is really strong. To Autumn was nice - leafy with hints of nuts & woods, no rose that I noticed.

Tezcatlipoca is spicy, complex, cocoa-patchouli-incense sex! I don't get a massive patchouli hit from it, but it's blended beautifully with the cocoa, incense, and leather. The flowers (marigolds, I would imagine) fade fairly quickly on me. It's not specifically fall-themed, but it reminds me of a deliriously delicious mug of spicy, rich, real hot cocoa. It's more potent than Bliss, which is a powdery cocoa scent that fades far too quickly on me.

Huh. I think writing this has made me realize how much I love Tezcatlipoca. :)

Pumpkin Masala Rooibos (Rooibos tea with red ginger, green cardamom, fennel, peppercorns, almond, and licorice, sweetened with coconut sugar and jaggery) was a Yule LE from a couple of years ago that might be up your alley. It's sweet and spicy with a hint of a creamy foody undertone that reminds me a bit of Indian rice pudding.

I love fall scents! Not all of my suggestions are foody, but I find them to have the same lasting power. also, some of them might not be what others consider fall, but I wear mine any time of year.

Alice's Evidence

Bread-and-butterfly

boo

coyote

darkness

event horizon

gluttony

hellcat

Jack

lyonesse

on darkness

poisoned apple

Santa Muerta

Sin

the lion

the zadok Allen vineyard

to autumn

vice

Wanda

whip

I will second Sugar Skull, and throw in Raven Moon (such awesome spiciness and warmth). Its not really foody, but it's a winner for sure!

Creepy is great for your caramel Apple needs, and Ghoulish smells like yummy cherry buttercream frosting!

Edited by Larinessa

It's not particularly autumnal, but Halfling from the RPG collection is foody in the extreme. Smells like fresh baking and warmth and all those fun things!

We are about to get the weenies for the year and I am so excited! I am going to be getting Lurid Library, from last year, and while not at all foodie, it is shaping up to be a killer fall scent.