Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
The Poison Queen

Crowned With Calm Leaves She Stands

A diadem of narcissus blossoms and pale daffodils.

In the Bottle: Sweet and green floral, I smell the narcissus strongly. Very nice.

Wet on skin: almost a sort of swampy floral

Drydown: The floral is almost gone and leaves me with that swampy scent. My skin doesn't like this much at all, but I hope it ages well because I like it in the bottle!

Disclaimer- I'm testing this only a few hours after it arrived.

This is a fresh and green floral. I can't say that I remember smelling narcissus or daffodils in quite a while, but while anticipating this I manged to test the L`Occitane Vanille&Narcisse perfume so I can recognize at least that in this blend.

The florals in this are the white kind, and as it dries down I get another kind of old note in there. It's not unpleasant but smells more flower shop-like that way, like a bouquet of flowers rather then the field I smell at first. So this really is like someone plucked some flowers and created a diadem of them which is very impressive.

Edited by Shirel

I'm really disappointed in this. I had hoped for the 'face full of daffodils' scent of my dreams, but it was not. One thing I will say for Crowned: this smells like Scotland in April. I'm not sure how, but something about bulbs pushing their way through the soil and faintly sappy dandelions comes through - then my skin devours it. I reapplied twice, but it disappears. I was left smelling faintly of vitamin e cream.

In the decant: Slightly sweet pale florals with a touch of greenery.

Wet: Same.

Dry: It pretty much stays the same, except slightly sweeter. I am somewhat reminded of The Silver Stream (which I didn't like), but this isn't soapy at all. :D I think there might be an aquatic-quality to this that makes me think of that blend.

Verdict: This isn't a bad floral blend if you like pale florals. I wanted to try it due to the daffodil note, which doesn't seem to pop up very often. This is nice, but I don't think this is bottle worthy; however, if there ever happened to be a sugar or marshmallow single note, I would LOVE to layer it with this. (If such a single note does pop up before the Proserpines go down, I would definitely order a bottle of this so that I could layer them both.)

(Also, I'm glad to discover that narcissus works on me, so that means that it was likely just the violet that ruined A Farewell to False Love for me.)

I bought this to see if it was narcissus that ruined Darkness for me (Spoilers: It was.)

It starts so promising in the decant. Fresh and green, with lovely daffodils.

On wet, there's something lurking there now, rising from the depths.

Dry, it's the swamp of DOOM! (Doom! Doom! -oom!)

Well, now I know. Off to the unloved with this decant.

In the imp: Florals. the not quite astringent greens.

Wet on skin: Green dandelion. Also, I still had the imp open and a funky smell wafted out. I don't know what it is, but I've alrady got it on my skin and I'm nervous. Sure enough, the funky smell stayed after closing up the imp. It almost reminds me of manure. Or vomit.

Dried down: Well, it looks like it's soaked into my skin, but I'm getting the same as before. Ugh.

Throw: The throw gives me the manure/vomit scent. And, unfortunately, it's a lot stronger than a lot of others. If I sniff my wrists, I get the light florals I was hoping for.

Verdict: * Well, that's my first 1. I need to scrub this off, like, now., and cover up what's left with Touched Twice. ::sigh:: At least I have it narrowed down to two notes, neither of which I've tried before. I might try another perfume with these notes, and see if I can identify which one it was. Whichever one it was, it'll be my first death note, I think.

This is so fresh, pretty and smells of spring! This is quite lovely, a very realistic daffodil and greenery. Pretty, nice to try, but not something I would wear. I'll keep the imp for spring associations.

And either narcissus + daffodils = jasmine, or one of the hidden elements of this blend is jasmine, because it REEKS of jasmine.

Which means to me, it smells kinda like cat pee.

Not 10 seconds after I applied it, mr. zee_zee said "WTF smells like cat pee". After he sniffed at me he said, "I don't know what that is, but it has to GO!"

Which is a shame, since I really wanted this blend to work out for me.

Sad panda face.

Just got it and the smell in the bottle was so good had to test it immediately!

In the bottle, green, bright, realistic spring flowers

Wet: daffodil! bright, fresh cut, peeking out of cool grass. Love!

Dry: I'm getting more of the "Swampy" note, I guess it is, but it's not dominant on me. It's gotten sweeter, less fresh, more powdery, but still a gorgeous freshest spring flowers scent. Definitely a keeper! Would love to test in a locket to see if it keeps its fresh/wet smell, because that reminds me of the daffodil row my Mom kept planted, and being sent out in the early days of spring to cut fresh daffodils for the house, because they were always the first thing to bloom big enough to bring indoors as cut flowers.

In the imp: Fresh green florals

Wet: As in the imp - wet, green, gardeny flowers. It's definitely a wet and dewy scent, but it doesn't read as "swampy" to me as it does for others. Very reminiscent of being in a lush conservatory. Just lovely.

Dry: Doesn't morph much at all - stays a beautifully fresh and green floral. I will enjoy my decant greatly.

I'm terrible with my floral identification; I can't pick out the narcissus or daffodil (and when I googled them, I learned that they're basically the same flower?) But this is a lovely floral bouquet, makes me think of creamy white and cheery yellow flowers in the warm sunshine. I like it a lot!