Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
nekogrrl

White Peach and Incense Hair Gloss

White peach, champaca flower, and frankincense.

Where the bath oil is peaches and raw cane sugar, this is peaches and spice. The frankincense warms up the peaches while the champaca flower sweetens it up just a touch to prevent it from going too dark. It's a lovely scent and a nice counterpoint to the bath oil.

This is not sweet, nor is it too incense-y (read: not like a head shop) - this is perfectly balanced! Nekogrrl has it right when she said that it is peaches and spice. Like someone sitting close bit into a fresh white peach, and they have an aura of incense hanging around them. I really like the scent, and find that it goes well with other, non-peach centered, oils as well. Not at all overpowering. Also, I really like the formula. I am sure that there are other reviews that you can find that talk explicitly about why the BPAL/BPTP hair glosses are so amazing, and this one does not fail in that department either.

:wub2:

White peach normally scare me because my skin can turn it saccharine, but as a hair gloss it's a different story. The white peach note is gentle and even a bit tart, which I love, and supported by a sheer white incense. This is not an incense to be afraid of; it's very light and supports the peach perfectly. What really makes this for me, though, its the interaction of the champaca flower with the other two notes. The heady (but not heavy), sensual quality it adds is really divine. I wore this paired with Peach I today and the combo was just amazing. :thud:

Edited by Invidiana

When I read the Dragon Con exclusive list, this was the one I had to have. The hair glosses do fabulous things to my hair and being able to smell like peachy incensey goodness is right up my alley! I've been using this hair gloss exclusively for the past two weeks because it's just that good. I get no frankincense but a lot of fabulous light champaca (definitely not head shop-y) and the most fabulous sweet peach. The peach sweetens up the champaca and is truly a thing of beauty.

This gloss also lasts a ridiculously long time in my hair. I have incredibly thick hair that's nearly to my waist and the gloss hangs around all day. When I wash my hair, it blooms in the steam of the shower and perfumes the whole bathroom (my sister walked in after I was finished and went "Woah, what are you using and can I have some?!"). And I can even still smell the gloss after I've washed my hair.

Long story short: if you have the opportunity to pick up a bottle, do it. This stuff is divine.

This is such a pretty-smelling hair gloss! The white peach isn't syrupy or heavy, it's light and sweet without being cloying. The incense is quite sheer too, not like standing over an incense burner or anything like that. I don't make out strong champaca, either. It's all gently sweet.

I applied about 3-4 squirts to my very thick shoulder-length hair, and unlike some other glosses I find I can't really smell this after a few hours. I'm sure it's there and the shower water will release it, but I suspect I will apply this one more generously than some of the others.

Ok, I know I'm in the minority, but this scent is just ick on my hair. The peach smells like fake peach atmosphere spray you can find in dollar stores, and the incense is rather axe-like when I can even smell it. I feel bad giving a poor review, and take this with a grain of salt, as peach is either a big hit or big miss on me. Thankfully it fades quickly on me. I'll be swapping my decant for one of the other wonderful hair glosses.

hmmmm so I love this. I am loving peach as a note thanks to dragon con.. I had peach scents sitting in my imp and decant pile but had never tried them so new note to love. It is clean and fresh. I don't really smell a lot of stuff in my hair after a bit but it isn't all heavy incense to my nose. I have had several people comment on how good it smells on me tho. One gal starts sniffing around asking who is wearing patchouli... I had to say it was my hair gloss even tho patch isn't what I get or listed for that matter. One of those incense is patchouli people I guess.

i hate reviewing glosses. I am so bad at it. But I wanted to share the fact that everybody seems to love it when I wear it

Sheer light peaches and spicy incense. I only have 1/2 oz atomizer of this and it's glorious.

In alot of ways, the balance between sweet and spice is the same as in Silkybat (except with different elements), which I find very wearable.

I typically only spritz 1 -2 times, and my hair smells FANTASTIC.

I have really long hair, the strands aren't thick individually, more on the normal to thin side I but there are tons of densely packed strands.

I've used this a few times now after the shower and I love it. The scent is a delicious spiced peach smell, but I also really like the hair gloss itself. I use it after the shower while my hair is still wet. 2-3 sprays all over, sort of like a detangler before I comb it out.

It doesn't feel heavy or oily after it dries and I can still smell the spiced peaches!

This is another win. Same great hair gloss properties, and the scent is lovely. The peach isn't very strong, and the incense is a very mild version of a hint of frankincense. This is not only work safe, but it also layers well with other fruity scents, not just peach. I've worn it a lot this summer. Very happy that I acquired this back when it showed up on the Post's Etsy page!

Edited by Poenari
Autocorrect failure

I've enjoyed all the fruity hair glosses I've tried, and White Peach and Incense is no exception. First and foremost, this is a light, white peach. The champaca flower and frankincense are also on the light side, so the end result is very wearable for those of us who work in environments where strong personal scents are discouraged. There's something here that also smells a little like fresh laundry.

Compared to the other peachy HGs I've tried, this is really different from the bright, golden, almost overripe peach of Golden Peach and Bergamot and the sweet, floral Peach Nectar and Vanilla Orchid. White Peach and Incense is drier, cleaner, almost luminous in comparison. A peach you could see light through.

I don't get much peach from this unfortunately. It turns to pretty much all incense all the time everywhere on my hair, actually smells exactly like gypsy queen does on my skin. It's not bad but I'm so sad about missing out on the peach :(

ETA: Of course it's always the ones that I'm not fussed about that stick around the longest. This was still in my hair the next night.

Edited by welcometothefamily

A very kind forumite gifted me a decant of this! So happy to have it.

As soon as I spray this I get the same amazing peach note that's in Tamora. This actually has a similar sort of resinous/ peachy feel to Tamora. I love it. The frank doesn't overwhelm the scent like it sometimes does on my skin. The champaca flower is amazing. I really love this and will cherish the decant and hope to find some more of this.