Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
myth

Sugared Peach Bath Oil

Spun sugar and golden peaches.

This is basically amazing. I was really expecting it to be somewhat one-dimensional and jolly rancherish... closer to the sugared strawberries bath oil, which is nice but so candy-sweet I can only use it sparingly. But this peach is more realistic, which makes me very happy.

It's incredible. Sweet, juicy, peachy, and somehow almost incensey. I mean, not exactly, but there's something about this that is deeper and more complex than I was expecting, like a fine peach liqueur. This smelled so good when I huffed it from the bottle at the con that after fighting the urge to drink it I immediately asked for a second one to be added to my order. Not at all sorry that I did.

This reminds me of a bowl of ripe peaches lightly sprinkled with raw cane sugar. It's not overly sweet and cloying (which was a concern of mine; I can't take overly sugary scents) but this was just perfect. I wish I had gotten a second bottle!

In the bottle- gooey peaches with carmelized brown sugar.

On my skin (I apply as a moisturizer), it turns into a warm yummy peach cobbler scent. Absolutely delicious!

Origin: Bought in person at Dragon*Con

Initial Thoughts: I have loved a number of the Lab's bath oils, using them as after-shower moisturizers for the most part since our tub isn't really adult-sized. When the notes are right I love the silkiness it brings to my skin and the scents that last all day. Sweet peach was never in question - I had to try this.

In the Bottle: Beautiful golden peaches dripping in sweetness. When I sniffed at Dragon*Con my first thought was honey. Sniffing this morning, I agree that it's more sugar than honey.

On the skin: I also get a buttery note that nudges the scent toward foody. And I am totally okay with that.

Verdict: I am so very glad to have this and will probably be on the lookout for more turning up on Etsy or eBay.

This is not the peach bath oil that I expected.

This is, however, the peach bath oil that I've dreamed of.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the actual fruit itself, I've had really good luck with peach-scented oils (perfume, bath, or otherwise), so I figured I'd jump in on getting a bottle. I am so very, very glad that I did.

Upon huffing from the bottle: Actual peach fruit in a simple sugar syrup.

Upon rubbing some on my hand: Warm peaches in a nearly caramelized peach syrup with brown sugar.

The final word: Oh lordy. I'm going to have to keep this out of the bathtub so I don't run out of it in the span of half a shower, it's that good. Using it as a moisturizing agent doesn't make the scent terribly cloying, which is great (and always a possibility with fruit flavors). It's pretty much perfect, and I will likely track more of this down.

At first, I'm getting brown sugar and peaches. I don't like brown sugar, but thankfully it fades, and we're left with a delicious sugared peach as described. It's warm yummy, and damn, I don't wear foody scents as a rule, but this makes me want to eat my arms. I bet this would layer well with something musky, like Siberian musk. I really like this, it's great for fall weather. Kind of reminds me of a peach bellini too.

I'm really surprised that I like this so much, because I don't usually like peach scents in perfumes. However, apparently the Lab is intent on proving me wrong. :lol: Everybody else is right. This is a very fresh sugared peach scent, like true ripe peaches and not peach flavoring, and it smells wonderful. Even I - the determined hater of most fruit notes - love it. It is good stuff.

this I wish were available all the time... I don't see a rich sugared fruit in the line up so as far as I know nothing else comes close. Really delicious.