Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden peach, Egyptian amber, myrrh, ho wood, frankincense, burgundy pitch, musk seed, and oudh.

This is such a lovely scent. First on, I get the peaches and ho wood, which I just adore. About five minutes in the frankincense and amber kick in and warm up the woodsy peach with a slight spice.

This scent has moderate throw and lasts about 3 hours or so. This was my favorite of the peaches.

GORGEOUS, resinous, sultry addition to the peach pit set. It's definitely less sweet than the others and demonstrates how a fruit note can work when least expected. If you love darker, incense-y blends, this is the peach scent to go for.

Edited by Glambie

Unfortunately, all I can smell is Frankincense. Even after the dry-down, even as it fades from my skin. And the frankincense is overpowering. I have hope for this though because it seems like other people are experiencing the other notes. I'm going to let this sit for a few weeks, and hopefully update this! :)

Edited by ancilla

On me this went on Urdish and then the peach softened it up beautifully in say about an hour. I do not like Urd finding it too heavy fyi. So this was lovely. On me it lasts forever and ever and ever. I could still smell it easily the next day when I went for my shower whereas all the other peaches had faded into a lovely memory. By smell it easily I mean it was going strong. Will come back with more review notes but that was my initial test.

Peach IV is a strange one on me. I think the notes I amp depends on what I eat/how much coffee/ etc.

Yesterday: So my skin ate it. Then it came back. Then it ate it again. Then what I'm left with is the sandalwood resin smell Villainess uses in Crushed, Asphyxiate, and Jai Mahal. Slightly. Partially chewed and digested by my dermis (hey dermis, you're a dick btw). Not much peach at all. Mostly frankincense and ho wood.

Today: completely different! Soft, sweet, resinous amber-y peach. Mellow, even throw. Frankincense and ho wood are completely in check. It still matches my natural skin stink a bit too well, to where it camouflages itself. Other people (mainly husband) think I smell great, but hell if I can smell it myself! :lol: Same thing happened with Sprinklecake even though they're dynamically different scents, btw! ;) Keeping this around for the compliments.

Woodsy, frankinscens-y peach. This is truly a resinous/incense blend - the only hint of peach I get is the sweetness in there. Pretty, but the ho wood is giving me a slight pencil shavings vibe. The jury is out!

Edited by Ellebelle

This has less peach than I was expecting and I think that was a good choice. Instead of having the peach note be the highlight, it is nicely blended together. To me this smells golden with a stripe of green. Kinda woodsy with musk and only a hint of peach.

I almost wish there was a bit more peach in here. A perfumey scent and pleasant, but I'm not sure if it is for me.

ITB: That's pretty and intriguing - distant peach, ho wood, amber, frankincense, and pitch make it a woodsy, resinous, and slightly fruit scent.

Wet: The ho wood and the pitch are slightly stronger on my skin, but the addition of the peach and myrrh sweetens the scent and adds depth to the woodsy quality of the scent overall.

Dry: It's dried down to faint peach, light frankincense, and whispers of musk, amber, and myrrh.

I was so attracted to the scent description that I decided to get a bottle from a lovely fairy even though many of the notes were iffy for me. I am so glad I did! This is a deliciously resiny, woody blend, but with enough softness and fruitiness to keep my nose affixed to my wrist. It's not focused on the fruit, more a meditation on the tree or the orchard, but the fruit is there. It's a very nice way to wear peach after the summer is over.

One thing I do note, though, is that so far my skin seems to eat it after a couple of hours. I hope aging helps with that.

I smell DELICIOUS, in a dark and brooding way, just how I like it! Peach IV starts out with a blast of juicy fruit, bright resins (very like the All Souls incense note), and fresh wood-OUDH!!! It dries out quickly and flawlessly on me to a creeeamy, soft, slightly sweet, glowing skin scent. It's SO good! EGYPTIAN AAAAAMBER! Nuzzley, sexy, MINE! :twisted:

Edited by lookingglass

OK, so this peach is the kind that doesn't work on my skin. This is sickly sweet and cloying on me. You'd think that the other notes would temper this, but this particular peach loves me and drowns out everything else. Boo.

Purchased off a forumite, tested right out of the mailbox.

In the bottle: Not a ton of peach, it's mostly resins and wood.

On wet: yup, that is a lot of resins.

20 minutes later: _there_ is the peach! And it's just as wonderful as everyone said it was! It is well grounded by the resins, and is much more grown up than I expected. This is a crone's peach, in the best of ways. Solid, independent, self-assured. This is a peach for iconoclasts and radicals. So good.

Tzi

GUH. This is so good. It's a dark, woody peach blend. Resinous, woody, with just a hint of peach to give it a little sweetness.

I now need some of this in my life!

Really nice. It starts out fruity-spicy-holiday-candle (not in a bad way) but dries down to a pleasant incense-mellowed light peach. It's just mysterious enough that it suits my "scent personality", but it's also the kind of scent you can wear anywhere and not be overpowering. It does disappear a little bit quickly, but not to the point where I'm frustrated with it.

Overall, this is a really nice everyday go-to fruity incense - comforting and unexpected at the same time.

Edited by LadyMedb

Not getting much peach from this one. It's mostly incense, heavy and dense, with hints of woods. Very warm and settled, with a tiny trace of sweetness. It gets powdery over time, and there's a sickly sour note that emerges, which kind of ruins it for me. I really like the way this one starts, but alas, the drydown was not meant for me.

I ended up getting a bottle of this last year because the peach, Egyptian amber, and oudh notes appealed to me, and I thought it would go well with the White Peach and Incense Hair Gloss.

However, I rarely wore this scent because it was too resin-dominant on my skin. I think it's the myrrh and possibly the burgundy pitch that I wasn't too fond of... I ended up swapping my bottle away.

I think I will stick to scents like Aglaea and Tamora when I want a peach and amber fix.

Edited by dementia_divine

I love the Lab's peaches, and Peach IV is such a good one! Ripe, golden peach, plus amber, woods, musk, pitch and a drop of oudh...it's a resiny, woodsy, peachy delight. Aging has condensed and mellowed this scent, and it's even better now. Like a forest peach...the taste of sunlight in shade. It layers beautifully with White Peach & Incense hair gloss, or any of the peachy hair glosses, for that matter.

In bottle: wow, juicy, yummy peach. I suddenly have this almost intense craving for a peach! The amber, myrrh, and ho wood is a beautiful backdrop against this super juicy peach note, but this almost is like peach single note.

Wet on skin: stays fairly true to bottle, so much that at one point, I felt that the peach is way too overpowering for my tastes. However, it does seem to be taking a few steps back as it dries, letting the resins move up more and grounding the scent out. I don't usually like fruity scents, but this is rather promising as something I could wear.

Dry: dry, this is a pleasant peach incense kind of blend, the peach and the incense and resins in fairly equal measure. It's definitely a fruity-sweet blend: the peach doesn't lose its juicy tone, but the incense and woods do provide a pleasing backdrop and balancing the scent out.

Verdict: I so wanted to love this, but alas, I'm not really ever going to be wearing this. If you do like peach and incense, though, this is the perfect blend.

Peach IV is the only one of the bunch I have tried, but it's a beauty. On wet, it was peach and oudh, lots of oudh, but within five minutes the oudh had stepped back to let the rest of the ingredients shine. Peach and wood and incense, and the peach is not overly sweet on me, just a hint of sweetness. I don't know what musk seed smells like, and I'm not getting much pitch. Not a lot of throw (which is usual for me) but it wears a long time. Very nice.